Good News from Thai Immigration - 90 day report is now possible online!

webfact

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get to step 1 after accepting terms / conditions but when I submit step 1 the notice about contacting them comes up. I call them and they suggest come in person as system is not stable yet. Anyone get to step 2?

Also if I go in person is Korat the closest / best place to go from Buriram?

As stated in a previous post,

I believe the most of us long time residents have a Thailand Bank Account with some bank. It would be nice if we could go to our bank's ATM and use it to report 90 days in Kingdom. Because the bank knows where we live and mails to us. Also, your picture is taken during the transaction.

Dear General/PM, Please keep flushing the device until the water is clear, Thanks.

PS; Please stop interrupting my Golf Channel and NCIS with "Feel Good Stuff", it does not make me feel good !!

This is really good news from the immigration.

Somebody in there is thinking of us and try to make our lives easier.

Or is it part of peoples happiness campaign, initiated by the Government?

i HIGHLY DOUBT that anyone at immigration is 'thinking of us' !!

more likely, they are just trying to make THEIR job easier and save time (and money) for THEMSELVES.

Trust me,, there is NOTHING selfless about this.

its purely business for them.

i HIGHLY DOUBT that anyone at immigration is 'thinking of us' !!

more likely, they are just trying to make THEIR job easier and save time (and money) for THEMSELVES.

Trust me,, there is NOTHING selfless about this.

its purely business for them.

Totally irrelevant and who cares? I am just grateful for small mercies, the implementation of a system that will make my life easier, especially if there is no expense involved.

What is relevant, whether the system is up and running and fully functional yet? That is all that should be of concern to us.

I couldn't complete my application. I always get the message below:

For further information regarding the 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

Tried it at least 10 times, same result. To think I got excited over NOTHING!!!

For all who can't access because it's IE only: there are extensions available for chrome/firefox to send another browser identity. Just do a google search (chrome browser identity).

It works at least to get to the first form page for me with chrome. It might stop working later. If you try and you could complete the whole process, let us know!

It is more likely for the immigration people to have more time for the important things in life such as eating all day and socializing!

I get to step 1 after accepting terms / conditions but when I submit step 1 the notice about contacting them comes up. I call them and they suggest come in person as system is not stable yet. Anyone get to step 2?

If you are reporting from Buriram you must go to Kap Choeng, they will turn you away from Korat.

If you are reporting from Buriram you must go to Kap Choeng, they will turn you away from Korat.

They will turn you away from Korat, but you can do it online from anywhere in Thailand.

Amazing stuff.

What is the original reasoning behind the 90 days report? To prove that you're still alive? Or to prove that you're still living in Thailand? Moving this online would defeat both of the above, wouldn't it? Meaning someone else could be doing the reporting or you could be doing the reporting from another country.

Of course, reporting by post is no different.

You're not in thinking mode are you Gweiloman. If you leave the country (legally that is) your departure will be recorded on Immigration's computer system. Should you then submit a 90 report on line, that same system should notice that anomaly and flag it up, should it not?

Besides which, why would anyone want to submit a 90 day when they are not in the country. It achieves nothing. Come on, think about it!

Yes, you're perfectly right. I've never had to do any 90 day reporting yet as I travel in and out of Thailand on a monthly basis so was looking at this from a rather myopic point of view.

FWIW, if you're using Safari you can "spoof" the website to make it think you're using Internet explorer. I've done this successfully with other sites that only work with IE. To do this, click on "Develop", select "User Agent" then choose IE 9.0. I've found that 9.0 works better with more sites than 10.0. A great trick on your Mac; please pass it around.

Sorry but knowing how this lot change the rules every 5 minutes I will still report in person because if they do change the rules I can see us all paying tea money again

Driving to Kap Choeng from Buriram on Monday if anyone needs a ride let me know ... Online no success yet to get to step 2

The immigration site clearly state "Work in progress", for those who are having problems, attached is a capture of what it looks like.

Be patient...

When/If this online reporting works - it will indeed be a great option than mailing or reporting in person or haivng someone report for you. Hopefully, Thai immigration will open it up to more browser options and also use a more secured option since birthdate and passport numbers and names are being transmitted.

I am not an IT expert - but shouldn't there have been some testing and a Beta group to work out many of the issues? Algough a rough start-up for online reporting is better than none.

Haven't been able to open the report page. Everybody must be looking and checking browsers.

Take it easy folks, don't want to break it before it gets going.

I use google chrome and it will not open page as it says unsupported browser..???????

Same problem!!!!

Do you people not read the original post? :-

BANGKOK: -- Thai Immigration has confirmed to Thaivisa.com that it is now possible to make your Notification of Staying in the Kingdom over 90 Days online! Currently the system only works with Internet Explorer but it will be possible to do your 90 day report with other browsers soon.

I just checked this site and could not complete my 90 day report because it wants to know the flight number that I arrived on. Why is the departure card not enough information? The last flight I took, when I came home I threw away the tickets because there was no reason to keep them. When I do 90 day reports at immigration they never ask for my flight number. I suspect I am not alone in this boat. Maybe Ubonjoe can bring this up with immigration. They have already recorded my arrival card and flight number when I got here.

if you know the date time airline departure point and arrival point it is not difficult to find the flight number, probably not that critical anyway

Just looked at my departure card (TM6) which is 22 years old and it actually does show my flight number that I entered. I just googled images of current TM6 and it has a spot that says Flight or other Vehicle number.

So what you are saying is that you have never left the country to visit anywhere else in 22 years? Wow.

Haven't been able to open the report page. Everybody must be looking and checking browsers.

Take it easy folks, don't want to break it before it gets going.

I use google chrome and it will not open page as it says unsupported browser..???????

why dont some people read before posting, "Currently the system only works with Internet Explorer ' and it does.

If you use IE to open the link http://www.immigration.go.th/ and scrool to the bottom of the 90 day report artical you will find the link to the online reporting site. Only works on IE at the moment as stated in the TV story. here is the link http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do open in IE only ok.

When you get a proof of address from Immigration for something like a car registration or driving licence. It can only be done after you have do a "90 day" report.

I wonder what will happen to this rule?

That like many things related to immigration offices depends on the office you go to.

I've just got 2 proofs of address from Udon immigration for driving licences no 90 day report needed or possible ( I've been in country for about 20 days) but I did have to pay ฿500 each.

Archived