Kodi addon for finance news/CNBC?

MJKT2014

Can anyone recommend a good Kodi addon that works today for CNBC stream amongst others? In past I have used World News Live (K3oni) and generic IPTV m3u streams such as husham2015, but I notice since two days all have lost CNBC.

I still can get it on web sites by Google search such as hulkus web site and my broker web site but liked the ease of use thro Kodi or VLC player to run on Android boxes etc.

Anyone else follow CNBC? It doesn't get much mention on the Tvaddons forum?

ILikeHD has CNBC and CNN International as part of its international package, which includes 170 or so channels. But the cost is going to be 350 baht per month.

BTW, what brokerage firm offers free streaming of CNBC? I've seen some where they have collections of clips available... But not the live stream broadcast of CNBC.

Out on the free Internet, here's one live streaming option for CNBC:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/stocks/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

ILikeHD has CNBC and CNN International as part of its international package, which includes 170 or so channels. But the cost is going to be 350 baht per month.

BTW, what brokerage firm offers free streaming of CNBC? I've seen some where they have collections of clips available... But not the live stream broadcast of CNBC.

Out on the free Internet, here's one live streaming option for CNBC:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/stocks/

Thanks for your input. Yes, the livenewschat is another web site. I had given up on it as I couldn't always get stream, but it seems to work well today.

I have tried iLikeHD but last several times I logged on CNBC channel never worked. Has it started working again? I haven't tried for 6 weeks or so, but it never worked for many months before that, whereas most other channels were OK. Another paid stream site is ThaiExpat TV that has CNBC on their more expensive channel product at 900THB/m but only shows CNBC with a 5-10 minute time lag, so not exactly live stream.

Etrade web site has both clips and live feed of CNBC from US if you log into your account. Not great picture quality.

I'll keep looking for Kodi solution in meantime.

Kodi>Istream>search>searchlive tv>CNBC (3rd from the bottom worked for me-7/18 CNBC US)

Thanks for iSteam idea. I'll give it a try later, my first attempt, install iStream and then search Kodi>Istream>search>searchlive tv>CNBC gave blank. On mine CNBC wasn't third from bottom, but initially nothing and then only one on list as the list appears to show my existing search targets entered by me and nothing else. I may be doing something wrong tho as never used iStream before.

Thanks for your input. Yes, the livenewschat is another web site. I had given up on it as I couldn't always get stream, but it seems to work well today.

I have tried iLikeHD but last several times I logged on CNBC channel never worked. Has it started working again? I haven't tried for 6 weeks or so, but it never worked for many months before that, whereas most other channels were OK. Another paid stream site is ThaiExpat TV that has CNBC on their more expensive channel product at 900THB/m but only shows CNBC with a 5-10 minute time lag, so not exactly live stream.

Re LiveNews Chat, I don't watch it regularly.... but when I have, I've never had problems with playing/receiving their stream. I do have the impression, though, that sometimes the admins of that site switch away from CNBC to some other streaming feed, maybe on the weekends when the markets are closed.

As for ILikeHD and CNBC, I have noticed their CNBC stream has been on and off periodically in the past week or so, even when all their other channels were fine. Hadn't noticed that as a problem in the past, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Here's another CNBC stream that I've seen in the past:

http://www.baqiworld.com/2011/10/watch-cnbc-live/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Kodi/Xunity/istream/live tv/CNBC ....Did you not see post #3?

Yes, thanks for that idea. I haven't used iStream and sat through TWO x 15 minutes tutorials listed before I could use it. Can any Kodi addon be more difficult to install - I still don't have it looking like the videos exactly??

First I followed vdubt25 Youtube tutorial, but I couldn't get the same results as he was getting and there was only one CNBC Europe live Tv channel that showed nothing to stream.

Then I tried the totalxbmc Youtube tutorial which at lease got me some CNBC channels (see attached) - but none of them work either.

post-228681-0-70863800-1423993623_thumb.

I'm hoping that k3oni gets their World News addon working again for CNBC, as that started up in a few seconds.

I have a variety of add-ons installed on my Kodi machines at home, and still am in the process of learning what's what and exploring which ones have any real value.

But I'd say thus far, as a rough rule, that about 90% of the supposed Kodi add-on links I try pointing to various U.S. cable TV channel networks live streams simply don't work at all. Channels like CNN, CNBC, TBS, TNT, etc. Tons of links offered, but the majority seem dead and/or out of date.

• Like 1

Yes, thanks for that idea. I haven't used iStream and sat through TWO x 15 minutes tutorials listed before I could use it. Can any Kodi addon be more difficult to install - I still don't have it looking like the videos exactly??

First I followed vdubt25 Youtube tutorial, but I couldn't get the same results as he was getting and there was only one CNBC Europe live Tv channel that showed nothing to stream.

Then I tried the totalxbmc Youtube tutorial which at lease got me some CNBC channels (see attached) - but none of them work either.

attachicon.gifiStreamCNBC.JPG

I'm hoping that k3oni gets their World News addon working again for CNBC, as that started up in a few seconds.

I just tried again on links above a day later, and the link 2nd from bottom of list 7/18 CNBC US (Mine kanale is working well this morning. Yesterday it was giving a hung picture of some other channel, whereas all the other links gave nothing at all. So iStream it is for now. Thanks to rbkk for that idea!

post-228681-0-52438400-1424050332_thumb.

I just tried again on links above a day later, and the link 2nd from bottom of list 7/18 CNBC US (Mine kanale is working well this morning. Yesterday it was giving a hung picture of some other channel, whereas all the other links gave nothing at all. So iStream it is for now. Thanks to rbkk for that idea!

attachicon.gif7-18 CNBC US -Mine.JPG

Helping each other with open source software is how the community can thrive and grow. Chok dee with your investment decisions...

• Like 1

I've now installed this twice on two Kodi devices and it seems the vdubt25 (from their web site) video is enough - no need for totalXBMC in this case. I couldn't install the iStream without this video even now without following each step of the way!

Well done for persevering. You got there in the end!

You raised the question is: Is there another more difficult addon to install? My contender for that title is PsuedoTV Live/PsuedoTV Library (a Kodi program). Too many settings.... arhhhhhhhhh

• 2 weeks later...

This one seems to work better than anything else I've seen at the moment. The iStream is always buffering as is the k3oni World News link.

You can get the m3u link for this from their web site source view and play the Bagiworld stream in Kodi as a live TV channel under simple PVR.

This one seems to work better than anything else I've seen at the moment. The iStream is always buffering as is the k3oni World News link.

You can get the m3u link for this from their web site source view and play the Bagiworld stream in Kodi as a live TV channel under simple PVR.

I have got my True TV on right now on the CNBC channel plus the baqiworld link open on my laptop and for sure the baqiworld is not providing CNBC Asia with live streaming data.

Re LiveNews Chat, I don't watch it regularly.... but when I have, I've never had problems with playing/receiving their stream. I do have the impression, though, that sometimes the admins of that site switch away from CNBC to some other streaming feed, maybe on the weekends when the markets are closed.

As for ILikeHD and CNBC, I have noticed their CNBC stream has been on and off periodically in the past week or so, even when all their other channels were fine. Hadn't noticed that as a problem in the past, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

When I logged into iLikeHD on weekend I noted they have taken CNBC completely off the channel list now, unlike previously when it was on but never worked!

The Bagiworld link and Istream CNBC links seem to run OK on Kodi, with some buffering from time to time, but mostly good at moment.