Rumor Going Around Ban Rai, Uthai Thani

bangkapiboy

When I was in Ban Rai my wife told me about a rumor going around about the new farrang in Ban Rai, Uthai Thani province. I haven't met him, cannot verify anything, and probably won't be since I am not there much.

The rumor:

This old farrang (I don't know how old) is paying for a new house in town and is totally in love with his Thai girl. The farrang is back in farrangland (don't remember what country now) getting his money together or something preparing to live with her in this village. So the story goes she got pregnant from her local Thai boyfriend, who is her true love. She decided to tell the farrang that it is his, since it is well known that a farrang in love (especially an old farrang) with believe anything. So, her Thai boyfriend is apparently just waiting until the house is all complete and then plans to kill him off. That's the plan. Farrang has no idea what he is in for.

So, if you are a farrang in Ban Rai making a house for your pregnant Thai girlfriend/wife, please please be cautious. You may get taken for a ride.

Or maybe it's just a rumor.

Without knowing all the story, it is difficult to come to a proper judgment. Sure some ladies have games they get up to, but, many farang are just as bad, or worse.

I know of one story where this girl is living with her Thai Husband, and has a boyfriend in Singapore sending money and paying for the house.

The truth turned out to be he promised so many times to divorce his wife in Singapore and come and live with her, which after many years has not happened. If you ask my opinion it serves him right.

I suppose there are hundred of houses beeing built by blue eyed farangs all the time. Most of them in their Thai girlfriends name. Girlfriends that only speaks Thai and too often they have known each other for a very short time. To me it is since many years their own business and I cannot care less any more.

I have tried to tell people what a trap they are likely to go into - but very few want to hear advises like that. Pregnancy is a popular way of opening the farangs wallet. That is often the real reason for the pregnancy. Sometimes with the farang as the father but can be Thai boyfriend as well. But keep in mind most Thai ladies are of very good quality - even most of them that choose to marry a farang double her age.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is my wifes home town and I have spent a lot of time there.It dose get a bit like the wild west as you get up into the hills.

I remember a couple of years ago my brother and sister in law were with us as we happened upon a school fair, a huge event with all the usual noise and bussle that you expect at these events.

As we parked an got out of the mini bus the Tanoy anounced that ferang had arived and we were treated to a guieded tour . As we wallked round everyone followed us clapping and cheering rarther like a royal visit as we drove off my brother and sister in law were stuned by what had happend and wondered how we had aranged it . I just smiled and thought "this is Thailand"

This is my wifes home town and I have spent a lot of time there.It dose get a bit like the wild west as you get up into the hills.

I remember a couple of years ago my brother and sister in law were with us as we happened upon a school fair, a huge event with all the usual noise and bussle that you expect at these events.

As we parked an got out of the mini bus the Tanoy anounced that ferang had arived and we were treated to a guieded tour . As we wallked round everyone followed us clapping and cheering rarther like a royal visit as we drove off my brother and sister in law were stuned by what had happend and wondered how we had aranged it . I just smiled and thought "this is Thailand"

IF that's true it's sure funny, think I would have crept in a hole and just dissapeared, how embarassing that must have been :o

IF that's true it's sure funny, think I would have crept in a hole and just dissapeared, how embarassing that must have been :o

It is true phesantpucka it was so strange but things got more bazare as the holiday went on.

Without knowing all the story, it is difficult to come to a proper judgment. Sure some ladies have games they get up to, but, many farang are just as bad, or worse.

I know of one story where this girl is living with her Thai Husband, and has a boyfriend in Singapore sending money and paying for the house.

The truth turned out to be he promised so many times to divorce his wife in Singapore and come and live with her, which after many years has not happened. If you ask my opinion it serves him right.

yeah, this kind of story is far more common no doubt. rofl