US brigade of 4,000 soldiers headed to Kuwait

Lite Beer

OK. Patiently waiting here for the anti-US comments.

While I wait, I'll pray for these good, brave young men and women.

Not from me but I just do not see how past interventions in the Middle East have made the world a better place? Afghanistan? Complete failure! Iraq? Complete failure!

I think it was time that the US sent young men and women into that particular meat grinder and, as someone else posted, started looking after its vets better.

And of course the stopped part is missing....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"While I wait, I'll pray for these good, brave young men and women."

Well aren't you special. I love how some people get all patriotic and teary-eyed about the brave young yada yada ...and think it's all so wonderful, while at the same time ignoring all the jobless, homeless veterans on the streets in the US. or just totally acting like they don't exist ... like all the other flag-waving & praying Americans in the photo.

Hope you're waiting patiently and praying for this ignored, once brave, not so young anymore veteran and the thousands like him. Do you suppose he's featured in Veterans' Day Parades?

HomelessVets.jpg

And military grocery stores in the US take in more than $100 million a year in food stamps from these brave young ,,, whose families live in poverty.

Food stamp redemption at military grocers has been rising steadily since the beginning of the recession in 2008. Nearly $104 million worth of food stamps was redeemed at military commissariesin the fiscal year ended Sept. 30.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/17/news/economy/military-food-stamps/

And then there's medical care

CNN reported on April 30, 2014 that at least 40 United States Armed Forces veterans died while waiting for care at thePhoenix, Arizona, Veterans Health Administration facilities. By June 5, 2014, Veterans Affairs internal investigations had identified 35 veterans who had died while waiting for care in the Phoenix VHA system.[4] An investigation of delays in treatment throughout the Veterans Health Administration system is being conducted by the Veterans Affairs Office of the Inspector General,[5][6][7] and the House has passed legislation to fund a $1 million criminal investigation by the Justice Department.[8] On May 16, 2014, the Veterans Health Administration's top health official, Dr. Robert Petzel, retired early at the request of Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki.[9][10] On May 30, 2014, Secretary Shinseki resigned from office amid the fallout from the controversy.

Curious-did you confirm the man's identity as a vet?

• Like 1

who are terorist? ,, ? i go to your house to steal something" oil" ,, you and your family defend so i kill your family and stole oil, after 10 years someone from your family take revenge and try to kill me and my family, then we call your family as terorist, infact : i was bad as i stole oil, this war can be won by peace only, hatered will just intense the war

• Like 1

who are terorist? ,, ? i go to your house to steal something" oil" ,, you and your family defend so i kill your family and stole oil, after 10 years someone from your family take revenge and try to kill me and my family, then we call your family as terorist, infact : i was bad as i stole oil, this war can be won by peace only, hatered will just intense the war

Most of us have no hatred via religion...............Only one religious "sect" has a problem in this day and age..

YOU talk to them......but from a distance as I think your head will not see it's body again eh.

• Like 1

God bless the United States, the world would have been totally lost long ago without them. The only way to deal with Jihad is to kill jihadists, that's what they want and hopefully what they will get in large measure.

The world IS well and truly lost thanks to the USA.

why us government killing inocent people, just to make money from oil ????? to me its a cruel action, please let people live a healthy life, as per instien "every action have equal and opposite reaction" please give good life to americans and other nation people too. you kill iraq or kuwait people then their children will kill children of americans, everyone will be sad, stop it now . . .

You do understand what the Islamic State terrorists are after I hope? These are people that behead and burn captives alive. They have no mercy. They are evil. US Government killing innocent people? I'm not American but perhaps an American on this forum can spell things out for you.

I am an American & while English might not be his 1st language I think he pegged it right

All we see instability/anger/revenge wise in the ME is effect/blowback from our governments own doing.

Yes they have the excuses as to why they must go topple this government or that & how the leader of that government is bad

(unlike our own?) yet all this meddling has resulted in more & more hatred & this hatred that you see as no mercy may be seen differently if it was

you & yours being collaterally hit by hellfire missiles or seeing troops march down your streets kicking open doors because well they are after terrorist

& have to be in your town

Never mind that the terrorist have no navy...no air force...etc etc we need to go get them eh?

As for the OP I only hope the politicians who vote to squander our children's/soldiers lives are just as quick to

send their own kids off to this BS in fact I wish it was mandatory

Why do folk join the military............?

Adventure, action, legal killing/wargame, money, money because everyone isnt eligable for loaning money to pay for college/university in USA, sociopathy. The list goes on... Edited by BKKBobby

God bless the United States, the world would have been totally lost long ago without them. The only way to deal with Jihad is to kill jihadists, that's what they want and hopefully what they will get in large measure.

The world IS well and truly lost thanks to the USA.

Yes, little chicken, your sky is falling.

why us government killing inocent people, just to make money from oil ????? to me its a cruel action, please let people live a healthy life, as per instien "every action have equal and opposite reaction" please give good life to americans and other nation people too. you kill iraq or kuwait people then their children will kill children of americans, everyone will be sad, stop it now . . .

You do understand what the Islamic State terrorists are after I hope? These are people that behead and burn captives alive. They have no mercy. They are evil. US Government killing innocent people? I'm not American but perhaps an American on this forum can spell things out for you.

Of course. It's all about the oil, as is the civil war we're inciting in Ukraine. Oh, and have you ever heard of PNAC, the Project for the New American Century? I haven't tried Googling it lately, but the American Enterprise Institute felt no embarrassment in having it on their web site from 1998 to at least 2008. It clearly explains why we are doing this. It's their strategy to make sure the U.S. is the sole superpower until the sun burns out. Have you heard the name Victoria Nuland? She's an Assistant Secretary of State, got promoted under Hillary Clinton. Have you heard of Robert Kagan? Paul Wolfowitz? Douglas Feith? Donald Rumsfeld? Well, the last one is a stretch, but he was definitely trying to implement their strategy until his incompetence did him in. I think ISIS is an unintended consequence, but hey, you've gotta take advantage of a good crisis, especially when there's such a terrific bogey man involved.

Edited by Acharn

Once again the "leading from behind" US Pres is timidly putting a Band-Aid on a large festering wound...good luck with that...likely to get many of the US's brave men and women killed by his inability to see the Islamic terrorist threat as a big deal...

I would not be surprised to see him on TV apologizing to the Muslims for being forced to place boots on the ground...most US folks are holding their breath to see if the US can weather the economic/political storms of the next two years of the Obama mis-administration...

• Like 1

I am an American & while English might not be his 1st language I think he pegged it right

All we see instability/anger/revenge wise in the ME is effect/blowback from our governments own doing.

Yes they have the excuses as to why they must go topple this government or that & how the leader of that government is bad

(unlike our own?) yet all this meddling has resulted in more & more hatred & this hatred that you see as no mercy may be seen differently if it was

you & yours being collaterally hit by hellfire missiles or seeing troops march down your streets kicking open doors because well they are after terrorist

Never mind that the terrorist have no navy...no air force...etc etc we need to go get them eh?

As for the OP I only hope the politicians who vote to squander our children's/soldiers lives are just as quick to

I ask you again...................?

(two quotes cut to allow TV posting)

Jai yen yen I am not here full time but do read from time to time.

As to why folks join the military?....That is of course going to be a varied answer right?

For some they were born & bred on John Wayne movies & feel it is a form of patriotism which in fact it is.

But it is not their fault that the leadership of the US has been broken for decades.

I still have nephews in the Marines & Air Force myself & when I get to speak

with them all they talk about is getting out.

Some believe it or not have no choice as some backwoods states actually have had small court judges give troublesome

young men the choice of jail or the military under the premise that will straighten you out.

Others see it as a lottery...take their chance of not having to fight & get the many benefits of $$$ for schooling after serving X years

or even trying the long haul of 20 then getting paid for life. If your lucky & serve during times of peace you could join at 18 & be retired at 38

with all the benefits afforded.

Lastly sad to say many have no options & are not the brightest bulbs & as such do not have

many choices in the private sector/work force. In which case it is a good thing if they grab some skills but more than

grunt skills ...hopefully they learn a trade that can be used later when out of the military

But all that aside what does it matter?

Do you see it as a one way freedom fighting machine? If so I respectively say your not close enough to see.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Thank god you only get one vote.

Were you and/or yours ever in the military?

Yes actually I come from a long line & even while young attended Military school which after graduation

allowed me the choice of going straight to officers candidate bypassing any boot camps as I was already

trained in school in military strategy as well as the usual grunt tasks.

Also yes some of my family even now are still in the US military (Marines & Air Force)

Why? Are you trying to say only those that serve/served know a secret the rest don't?

None need a vote nor time served to have an opinion yes?

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

I ask you again...................?

(two quotes cut to allow TV posting)

Jai yen yen I am not here full time but do read from time to time.

As to why folks join the military?....That is of course going to be a varied answer right?

For some they were born & bred on John Wayne movies & feel it is a form of patriotism which in fact it is.

But it is not their fault that the leadership of the US has been broken for decades.

I still have nephews in the Marines & Air Force myself & when I get to speak

with them all they talk about is getting out.

Some believe it or not have no choice as some backwoods states actually have had small court judges give troublesome

young men the choice of jail or the military under the premise that will straighten you out.

Others see it as a lottery...take their chance of not having to fight & get the many benefits of $$$ for schooling after serving X years

or even trying the long haul of 20 then getting paid for life. If your lucky & serve during times of peace you could join at 18 & be retired at 38

with all the benefits afforded.

Lastly sad to say many have no options & are not the brightest bulbs & as such do not have

many choices in the private sector/work force. In which case it is a good thing if they grab some skills but more than

grunt skills ...hopefully they learn a trade that can be used later when out of the military

But all that aside what does it matter?

Do you see it as a one way freedom fighting machine? If so I respectively say your not close enough to see.

Excellent post and not so far from the truth.

Why do we never seen the kith and kin of Fat Cat Wall St bankers joining up?

How many of them Senators up on Capitol Hill have offspring serving?

For many its nothing more than a way out.

As was told to me, if you are nothing more than a dumb Georgia redneck what opportunites do you have?

John Fogerty summed it up years ago,

• Like 1

Thank god you only get one vote.

Were you and/or yours ever in the military?

Yes actually I come from a long line & even while young attended Military school which after graduation

allowed me the choice of going straight to officers candidate bypassing any boot camps as I was already

trained in school in military strategy as well as the usual grunt tasks.

Also yes some of my family even now are still in the US military (Marines & Air Force)

Why? Are you trying to say only those that serve/served know a secret the rest don't?

None need a vote nor time served to have an opinion yes?

Thank you VERY much for your service.

As in, If we don't agree with what is written in the OP, we're considered anti-American?

Edited by Anthony5

And so it begins. Another round of new veterans in about 2 or 3 years. America really needs a war. It is good business! coffee1.gif

I was born because the USA came to my countries aid................Many USA guys did not return home so I could be born............Everything has a price but freedom costs dear........

And the Japanese military hierarchy were prepared to fight to the last citizen rather than surrender - thats precisely the level of fanaticism your 'freedom fighters' will have to face. Burning people alive, beheadings - the tip of the iceberg compared to what they'll do if they get their hands on an American in uniform.

They could fix this with a single 500lb bomb dropped on the right house at the right time - pretty hard to have an Islamic Caliphate when your Caliph is buried under several tonnes of debris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_al-Baghdadi

I remain mystified as to why Saudis would finance this mob but then I guess I'm not an Arab - hatred of the West is one thing, but who would seriously want to live in a world run by this nutter ??

And so it begins. Another round of new veterans in about 2 or 3 years. America really needs a war. It is good business! coffee1.gif

I was born because the USA came to my countries aid................Many USA guys did not return home so I could be born............Everything has a price but freedom costs dear........

Transam, I read somewhere that you're in your seventies, so you were born before WW II ended, or were your parents fortune tellers who knew the US gone jump in?

Edited by Anthony5

And the Japanese military hierarchy were prepared to fight to the last citizen rather than surrender - thats precisely the level of fanaticism your 'freedom fighters' will have to face. Burning people alive, beheadings - the tip of the iceberg compared to what they'll do if they get their hands on an American in uniform.

They could fix this with a single 500lb bomb dropped on the right house at the right time - pretty hard to have an Islamic Caliphate when your Caliph is buried under several tonnes of debris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Bakr_al-Baghdadi

I remain mystified as to why Saudis would finance this mob but then I guess I'm not an Arab - hatred of the West is one thing, but who would seriously want to live in a world run by this nutter ??

You have mixed up yer Sunnis and Shi Ites.

I have said on here before, the Americans backed the wrong horse, should have backed Iran.

As for The Sauds, they will back whatever horse keeps them in power long enough to milk their country dry.

One of the most odious regimes in the world, hated by their own people.

Have a look at whats happening in Yemen right now, please make sure to watch either Al Jazzera for "fair and balanced" reporting, or if you prefer to enter "the no spin zone" watch Russia Today.

That nutter you refer to, if he was American he would be up there with Davy Crockett, Paul Revere and all the other "freedom fighters" or "patriots" as our American friends call them.

its time to declare USA a TERORIST country for disturbing peace in the world, and india and china should impose sanctions against USA.

Vish, so much wrong with what you're suggesting there sunshine. If India or China were to sanction the US they'd go broke.

Who else are going to stop these evil men called ISIL. Who is going to keep you safe if they succeed in their ultimate goal. When they shoot you sister/daughter because she wants to be educated? Chop your daddies hands off because he never filled his tax forms in correctly. Cut your head because you smoked a cigarette?

If that's the world you really want to live in then go somewhere quietly and do it. But while evil men like isil or whoever want to attack my way of life they'll find they'll be bombed and shot into submission.

And please tell me good sir, why exactly ISIL is attacking your way of life?

The only one who should be afraid are the autocratic theocrats in the Middle East, you know like the Bahrainis who suppress democracy so much they had to call in their Sunni friends from Saudi to put down a rebellion.

Ask Hanrattiy why this is never shown on Faux News?

• Like 1

dear mr.tee, do you think IS are different than you and me? we all are made from same cells and so we all have similar feelings, arab is oldest civilization, they have their own laws like we have our legal system. their people are happy with their laws , why you want to impose your laws on those people, there may be some logic behind their laws so let them live, why usa is interfearing?

dear mr.tee, do you think IS are different than you and me? we all are made from same cells and so we all have similar feelings, arab is oldest civilization, they have their own laws like we have our legal system. their people are happy with their laws , why you want to impose your laws on those people, there may be some logic behind their laws so let them live, why usa is interfearing?

What logic? Kill everyone that doesn't believe?

its time to declare USA a TERORIST country for disturbing peace in the world, and india and china should impose sanctions against USA.

Vish, so much wrong with what you're suggesting there sunshine. If India or China were to sanction the US they'd go broke.

Who else are going to stop these evil men called ISIL. Who is going to keep you safe if they succeed in their ultimate goal. When they shoot you sister/daughter because she wants to be educated? Chop your daddies hands off because he never filled his tax forms in correctly. Cut your head because you smoked a cigarette?

If that's the world you really want to live in then go somewhere quietly and do it. But while evil men like isil or whoever want to attack my way of life they'll find they'll be bombed and shot into submission.

The only one who should be afraid are the autocratic theocrats in the Middle East, you know like the Bahrainis who suppress democracy so much they had to call in their Sunni friends from Saudi to put down a rebellion.

I don't know who hanrattiy is fella.

I said ISIL or whoever (AQAO, Nazis, Zionists, radical Islamasists, radical Christians....).

In case you missed it recent attacks in Europe have been carried out in there name. This is an attack in my way of life. Yazidi girls kidnapped then shared around these lowlife scum affects my way of life.

• Like 1

If you had spent any time in that part of the world you would understand.

Its called Tribalism, ask the good friends of America, the Sauds, I believe it was the first country in the world to carry out "ethnic cleansing", years before we in the West had ever heard of it.

Ask the Al Sauds whatever happened to the Najrani Jews or the Tabuk rebellion.

I don't know who hanrattiy is fella.

I said ISIL or whoever (AQAO, Nazis, Zionists, radical Islamasists, radical Christians....).

In case you missed it recent attacks in Europe have been carried out in there name. This is an attack in my way of life. Yazidi girls kidnapped then shared around these lowlife scum affects my way of life.

And you are posting from where?

Any problems take it up with Uncle Sam, he created this monster, along with the Al Sauds, never mind petrol still less than $1 per gallon thats all that matters in the back of buffalo nowhere in Redneck County.

You have mixed up yer Sunnis and Shi Ites.

I have said on here before, the Americans backed the wrong horse, should have backed Iran.

As for The Sauds, they will back whatever horse keeps them in power long enough to milk their country dry.

One of the most odious regimes in the world, hated by their own people.

Have a look at whats happening in Yemen right now, please make sure to watch either Al Jazzera for "fair and balanced" reporting, or if you prefer to enter "the no spin zone" watch Russia Today.

That nutter you refer to, if he was American he would be up there with Davy Crockett, Paul Revere and all the other "freedom fighters" or "patriots" as our American friends call them.

Nah, he's more a Donald Trump type than any of the others. I'm not aware of Crockett, Revere or any of the other patriots looking to build an empire, even if the America they believed in is very much an empire hundreds of years later. This individual wants authority over every Muslim on the planet - surely that's the very definition of megalomania ....

• Like 1

If you think that kidnapping and raping young girls that havn't even reached puberty is somehow based on logic or law, and the men that do this should be left alone to continue this barbaric evil then you really need to try for a Darwin Award as soon as possible.

• Like 2