BANGKOK 21 July 2019 07:15
Potter

Hua Hin no longer a safe holiday destination

A couple of nights ago, Friday to be precise. I stopped over in Hua Hin for 1 night. Between 11pm to 2am I went out for a couple of beers. I had a good time, no issues with anybody. I happy spend a 4 digit amount of money being generous to selced local people who sat with me. At 2am I decided to walk back to my hotel. I stayed in the farrang area, having been out to a farrang street. Walking down the street a motorbike comes up. 1 person slaps me in my face. I wonder whether he tried to knock me out and failed, or it was a jalous boyfriend. Has Hua Hin become an unsafe holiday destination?

farang street!!! <deleted>!! probably best you stay in pattaya.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 1

I do not go out late but I have never had problems in my numerous visits to Hua Hin. And just because you got slapped, the town is no longer safe??

Where is "Farang Street" so I cana void it?

• Like 1

been to HH many time and here right now.

i think u singled out by your company at the bar..................

never heard of a bike stopping, slappin'someone, then driving off,

sounds like ladyboy jealous,

cheers

• Like 2

It sounds more like a case of mistaken identity or just a crazy person.

Anywhere can be safe or unsafe depending on your circumstances, typically 2am after a few drinks will always be less safe.

Maybe you inadvertently upset someone at the bar with something you said, and they felt the need to get even, their way

• Like 1

Have not stayed there for years and have no plans to return. But have seen a few foreigners get badly beaten there. They were drunk and obnoxious and understood why they were getting beaten. I understand where he is talking about. Farang Street is a perfect name.

someone who didnt fall into the ................................." selected local people" category must have been upset.

OR

Did you refuse the offer of a " selected local person" to walk you safely to your hotel and keep you safe for the night ?

Couldn't this have happened anywhere ? And could such a small incident render a whole town unsafe? Pffff........

• Like 1