Hepatitis A in frozen berries from China

masuk

Unfortunately, virtually all frozen raspberries and blueberries come from China.

Besides Hepatitis, who knows what kind of poisons can be found in them.

Shameful that even the most high-end shops in Thailand import Chinese berries.

I personally skip all food and drink produce from China, and wish more people would do the same to force food imports from countries with at least decent regulations.

• Like 2

Anyone eating fruit or veg from China is crazy! Serious pollution of air and soil has increased dramatically in recent years. Never eat those giant size carrots selling in supermarkets Thailand. They used to be advertised as "china imported" but for, undoubtedly sales reasons,no more!

Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 1

It was a Local company Manos in Australia who imported the berries from China

They also buy from other countries

It was the Frozen ones here

So i guess beware in Thailand fresh ones also

Our local fresh berries industry hope to sell more fresh berries

Always been a problem with anything imported to OZ

Little checking versus the full checking of local berries

No fair on the local producers

Melamine anyone? bah.gif

Only with my baby milk.

Some airports have huge quantities of powdered milk from safe countries on sale, as the melamine milk is not trusted.

Can't say I'd blame them, but for me, I avoid any food from China.

How do you live here and avoid food from china?? Anytime your in a market here and see any styrofoam containers holding produce....china....anytime you go to makro and buy produce.....china.........well you could eat at burger king and som tam , no...china.

• Like 2

In China they use human manure as fertilizer,theres a lot of shit in China,several

other countries do too,and it would be OK if it was processed properly first,but

i cannot see that happening in China or other 3rd world countries,just dig it in.

I think we would starve to death if we really knew half the stuff that going into

our food,at least be off eating for a few days,what chemicals,additives,ect

is added to it,the treatment of livestock,over fishing,mislabeled,adulterated,

in fact just about everything,to make a bigger bottom line,food in last 10 years

has sky rocketed in price,but i don't think the quality has followed.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Like 1

How do you live here and avoid food from china?? Anytime your in a market here and see any styrofoam containers holding produce....china....anytime you go to makro and buy produce.....china.........well you could eat at burger king and som tam , no...china.

I have noticed that they don't exactly make a point of giving the country of origin on most of what one buys here, or else someone sticks a great big label in Thai, over the important bits.

• Like 2

In China they use human manure as fertilizer,theres a lot of shit in China,several

other countries do too,and it would be OK if it was processed properly first,but

i cannot see that happening in China or other 3rd world countries,just dig it in.

I think we would starve to death if we really knew half the stuff that going into

in fact just about everything,to make a bigger bottom line,food in last 10 years

regards worgeordie

Most sewage treatment plants in the west sell processed human waste for fertilizer.

If you were a farmer, you would know.

regards worgeordie

Most sewage treatment plants in the west sell processed human waste for fertilizer.

If you were a farmer, you would know.

That is true for a tertiary sewerage treatment plant. The waste gets very hot in the treatment and about the only thing which survives are tomato seeds.

They come up like hairs on a dog's back.