Strange Experience at Nana McDonalds

dbrenn

What I like about McDonalds is their fantastic quality system. They deliver the same product all around the world, with no surprises or disappointments. Now there are other fast food chains that can do this, but ten or fifteen years ago, McDonalds set the standard.

If you don't like McDonalds, don't try a different branch, thinking this one might be different.

So I'm a little surprised by the OP's tale, but maybe each store manager or franchisee is free to decide how much (if any) of each product he carries

SC

What I like about McDonalds is their fantastic quality system. They deliver the same product all around the world, with no surprises or disappointments. Now there are other fast food chains that can do this, but ten or fifteen years ago, McDonalds set the standard.

If you don't like McDonalds, don't try a different branch, thinking this one might be different.

So I'm a little surprised by the OP's tale, but maybe each store manager or franchisee is free to decide how much (if any) of each product he carries

SC

Same product agreed. Quality is always bad.

I think this McDs worked the numbers.....how many pork burgers sold vs what he sells to Muslims

And sure they will eat at McDs , and their kids will want to also.....

But there are 2 other McDs at Soi 2 and Soi 4 which are a lot closer than Asok

Do McDs in Isreal sell pork ?

No.

Mixing meat and dairy is not Kosher.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.il/About_McDonalds

Our restaurants
McDonald's is the largest restaurant chain in Israel with over 180 branches, of which about over 50 are kosher. All branches offer premium coffee, and all are equipped with free wireless Internet access.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_Israel

As in Arab and Muslim countries, McDonald's restaurants in Israel do not serve pork products. However, they have been criticized by Jewish religious leaders for serving cheeseburgers and employing Jewish workers on Saturdays, the Jewish Sabbath.[17]
Edited by Jingthing

I was in the McDs at Robinson Asoke and this westerner next to me said " Are you going to buy me a burger then?"

Err...No.

Thing is he was a bloke in his 40s and quite presentable. Not some dreadlocked crustie or whatever.

I believe most McDonalds get there fair share of nutters on a daily basis.

• Like 1

did they have a double quarter pounder with cheese? still havent seen one of those since I left the homeland.

carl's jr makes up for it however. More expensive yes, better , hell yes IMO.

I had one of those samurai pork thingys by mistake once - never again.

Quarter pounders were discontinued years ago, which was a shame because they were one of my favourites too. The nearest you can get to that now is a double cheese burger.

They use the metric system here, so if they had it, it would be called the Royale with cheese.

Geez, haven't you seen pulp fiction?

I've had coffee at McCafe, Does that count?

Well, I guess it's a business decision. McDonalds is originally known as a beef hamburger restaurant anyway. I guess some Muslims won't eat at a restaurant if there is any pork at all served.

This made me curious about what McDonald's India serves in terms of beef. I didn't see any beef but their McSpicy Paneers look tempting!

http://www.mcdonaldsindia.com/menu.html

http://www.indiamarks.com/what-you-can-and-cant-get-at-mcdonalds-india/

Theres No Beef or Pork in Any McDonalds in India

It is interesting that these menu decisions are made on a micro neighborhood level. I would expect it for different country policies.

why do ppl always have to bend over backwards for muslims?

they do it specifically to irritate people like you in order to read your irrelevant comments in thaivisa laugh.png

Yet another example that farangs in Thailand will complain about pretty much anything and everything. Just get the beef burger numbnuts!

Numbnuts?? And I'm Thai, by the way.

You really are so rude. Each to his own taste, and why post if you have nothing polite to say?

• Like 2

The point of story is Muslims are allowed to make rules regarding everyone or they try their best.

the point [probably] is that the [numerous] muslims in that [apparently muslim] area will now eat [spend money] at that McD. money money money..

if pork was served there they would not go there as they consider the whole place haram.

Indeed the whole McD area would then be considered haram. Wonder what it would take for the entire surrounding red light district area to be considered haram....? :-)

Right - they'll have the Nana go go dancers dressed up in burqas next.

• Like 2

They are slowly taking over the world. Just before I get the you are being racist crap, no I am not. I believe and respect all peoples religions. It has happened in my country of Birth the UK. Due to peoples liberalism, willingness and openness to integrate in the UK, there are now some 'no go places for non Muslims in some inner cities', even with Shria law with signs saying so. So it doesn't surprise me that this has happened In fact in Bangkok and Nana. One absolute ,hypocrisy I see (there are so many), are those people from Muslim states like the Arab countries, drinking alcohol and with the girls. It is truly amusing hearing the announcement on the plane that they are leaving the countries air space. All you can here is the 'bing bong' from the attendants buzzer from everyone ordering Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker, wine etc. They don't just sip it either, it is like a free for all drinking buffet. Anyway these same people are usually around nana and soi 3 but it is still frequented by all other religions and ethnicities. Thailand should stand up and say no, If you can't handle a pork burger then don't get one, it is that simple. Do not take it off the menu.

People should be allowed a choice no matter what religion, just don't take it away because one section of the world doesn't eat it. If Muslims are worried that some of there people will resort to eating the pork burgers, they can always have their religious police patrol the MacDonald's, although knowing them they will be in the bars drinking. Yes I know this as a fact. One last bit, what really annoys me is that people will look at what I have put down and say that I am a racist, disrespectful to Muslims., in fact I am neither. I just feel that that people should have a choice and other should respect it. Having lived in Muslim countries I respected their religion and ways, although disagreeing with them. So although it may seem trivial about a pork burger, believe me next it will be alcohol and you will have pray times blasted out 5 times a day, to everyone and everywhere. Is that respecting everyone's wishes?

• Like 2

MUZLIM ZONES ,are you kidding me.I can't believe Muslim's pushing Thai's around.And McDonald's allowing this to happen.

I'm thinking about selling the stock after hearing this.I guess the same thing will be happening in Europe and the U.S. to in

The near future.Next thing Ya hear they'll be giving ISIS free food.

• Like 2

You're right, JT, but people love to blow things out of proportion (am I a allowed to say that on the internet) and pretend that other people's commercial choice is part of a sinister plot

There's plenty on this forum need to learn to allow others their freedom of choice and speech, even if they disagree with it. No-one so Gathas suggested that the mentioned McDs would sell more pork burgers than they sell to Muslims.

Out of interest, can kosher meat share a kitchen with pork?

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

You're right, JT, but people love to blow things out of proportion (am I a allowed to say that on the internet) and pretend that other people's commercial choice is part of a sinister plot

There's plenty on this forum need to learn to allow others their freedom of choice and speech, even if they disagree with it. No-one so Gathas suggested that the mentioned McDs would sell more pork burgers than they sell to Muslims.

Out of interest, can kosher meat share a kitchen with pork?

SC

I suppose not although I really wouldn't be the one to ask about keeping Kosher.whistling.gif

Signed,

Pork Eating Jew

post-37101-0-46047000-1424364355_thumb.j

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/something-jews-eating-pork/

Keep in mind how popular going out to eat Chinese food on Christmas day is to American (not Israeli) Jews ... what kind of meat do you reckon is most popular at Chinese restaurants ... coffee1.gif

My Grandma kept Kosher but she was curious about lobster (the insects of the sea so not Kosher) and later in life she decided she just had to try it just the once. She got really ill from eating it. Totally meshuga!

Edited by Jingthing

They are slowly taking over the world. Just before I get the you are being racist crap, no I am not. I believe and respect all peoples religions. It has happened in my country of Birth the UK. Due to peoples liberalism, willingness and openness to integrate in the UK, there are now some 'no go places for non Muslims in some inner cities', even with Shria law with signs saying so. So it doesn't surprise me that this has happened In fact in Bangkok and Nana. One absolute ,hypocrisy I see (there are so many), are those people from Muslim states like the Arab countries, drinking alcohol and with the girls. It is truly amusing hearing the announcement on the plane that they are leaving the countries air space. All you can here is the 'bing bong' from the attendants buzzer from everyone ordering Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker, wine etc. They don't just sip it either, it is like a free for all drinking buffet. Anyway these same people are usually around nana and soi 3 but it is still frequented by all other religions and ethnicities. Thailand should stand up and say no, If you can't handle a pork burger then don't get one, it is that simple. Do not take it off the menu.

People should be allowed a choice no matter what religion, just don't take it away because one section of the world doesn't eat it. If Muslims are worried that some of there people will resort to eating the pork burgers, they can always have their religious police patrol the MacDonald's, although knowing them they will be in the bars drinking. Yes I know this as a fact. One last bit, what really annoys me is that people will look at what I have put down and say that I am a racist, disrespectful to Muslims., in fact I am neither. I just feel that that people should have a choice and other should respect it. Having lived in Muslim countries I respected their religion and ways, although disagreeing with them. So although it may seem trivial about a pork burger, believe me next it will be alcohol and you will have pray times blasted out 5 times a day, to everyone and everywhere. Is that respecting everyone's wishes?

what sharia law is being practised in the uk?

Yet another example that farangs in Thailand will complain about pretty much anything and everything. Just get the beef burger numbnuts!

Now, Now Berkshire why should he. if he wants a pork burger that is always been on the menu why shouldn't he have one. Why take it off because one section of the world doesn't eat pork. Nobody is forcing him too but is shouldn't be off the menu. It is offending nobody. The only offence is your reply to the Op. Well it is 'Numbnuts' like yourself that has allowed the UK to become the way it has. What you are suggesting is just exactly what Thailand shouldn't do. They should stand up and say if you don't like the fact that there is a pork burger on the menu, which nobody is forcing you to eat, then go. Or even better go back to Mecca as it such a great place, why holiday in Thailand.whistling.gif

because the owner has decided that he can make more money by not offending a certain group. thats his right. dont like it? go somewhere else?

Thou shalt claim as much benefit as possible!!!;)

• Like 1

If you look at many national newspapers you will see the evidence. I tried to post links here from many national papers any couldn't/ I have lived in many Arab Countries including Saudi Arabia =. My point is this. the Muslim's are not flexible in free speaking democratic countries. Just look at what happened in France. And to answer your question, look at Birmingham, Manchester and other places.

In London it is rife. Thailand like the rest of the world should say if you don't want to eat a pork burger as thou is asking

then don't have one. Don't stop offering it. Those that know that Mecca is a shit hole and the Muslims are praying on the good nature of the world.. If it is all so good then we would go to Mecca on holiday. But we don't and they don't go either.

So to AYJAIDEE I will show you Shria Law around the UK but don't expect to come out smiling. Unless you are an Islamic State Muslim

And Carls Jr... I ordered a chicken club and the bacon was fake bacon... I said <deleted>??? They told me it is because muslims in the area. Well just have them order it without bacon or give them the substitute bacon as it tasted like crap!!!

And Carls Jr... I ordered a chicken club and the bacon was fake bacon... I said <deleted>??? They told me it is because muslims in the area. Well just have them order it without bacon or give them the substitute bacon as it tasted like crap!!!

They should make it clear before ordering.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app