Organising Stag Event

Jim's_a_Thai_Fox

A 'free for all' discussion for a worthy cause:

A good friend is marrying in Chiang Mai and the duty has fallen to me to organize his stag doo (do?), it will be on a Wednesday in October.

Can you guys (and gals for that matter) let me know what you think of the plan and make any comments / recommendations of your own (feel free to throw in tips on how to make it a more memorable occasion...)

The plan so far is :

Golf in the morning at Green Valley.

Nice lunch + drinkies there.

Back to CM for change of clothes/brush up

Meet up at 4pm for afternoon/evening sesh.

Will start off in the UN Irish (good location) and from there I was thinking of heading down the fabled 'Loi kroi' road. I was thinking of finishing in Starlight 66 (not sure on that name, the go-go bar next to the 'CM Entertainment Plaza').

I've not been to CM for about 6 months, so any help on where to go to would be great.

As for 'stitching up the stag like the preverbial kipper' - what can you recommend? (any good stories you have, feel free to share of course!). Just one thing on that matter - it can't be 'too bad/sordid' as his 2 bro's are in tow from the UK.

Hope you can throw in a good two-pennies worth...

Many thanks

James

Ok, you need help.

:D

The WORST part in there was the suggestion of Star 6 (Guess that's what you meant with Starlight 66) It's a terrible, nasty, dirty, run down, scammy place. Avoid ^ 3.

Here are some thoughts:

* Un Irish.. yawn.. Is this your mother's tea party? :D:D Pick something more, well, funky. You already started with golf, of all things. I think stag parties need noise, rowdyness, speed, crazyness.. The one saving factor could be the possibility of sourcing some caddies for the evening goings on. :o

* Loi Kroh.. Kind of run down, but if you must then it may be a good idea to go check out Stairway to Heaven bar, for the sole reason that they have an upstairs bar with pool table and all that they basically don't use. For SURE you could rent that out and make it a private thingy up there. Aside from any fee (or not) for using that area, you may need to discuss which staff commit to staying up there, or that you have to arrange some more girls from elsewhere.

* I think I recall that "Foxy Lady' also has some upstairs area, though the whole place is quite small. Worse things in the world than checking it out though.

* Perhaps a chat with Somchai at Cosy Corner / John's Place is in order too.. He's got a lot of property there, with second floors that aren't being used. And who knows what he might still be able to arrange on the staff side.

* As a final mainstay & fallback there's always good ol' Spotlight of course. It's not bad these days, or so I've heard.

If I think of anything else then will let you know. :D

Edited by chanchao

A good friend is marrying in Chiang Mai and the duty has fallen to me to organize his stag doo (do?), it will be on a Wednesday in October.

Can you guys (and gals for that matter) let me know what you think of the plan and make any comments / recommendations of your own (feel free to throw in tips on how to make it a more memorable occasion...)

A memorable occasion......Hmmmm.

Well make sure you get him thoroughly pissed at any establishment/s, it doesn't matter. Then......find an ugly old khatoey to give him a little cuddle and kiss and whatever else. Now the most important thing is to take lots and lots of photos, that way you'll be able to remind him of the great evening he had for years and years. In fact you may even be able to use them for financial gain if you ever have a falling out.

Now is that the evil streak coming out Teepee or what?

Well make sure you get him thoroughly pissed at any establishment/s, it doesn't matter. Then......find an ugly old khatoey to give him a little cuddle and kiss and whatever else. Now the most important thing is to take lots and lots of photos, that way you'll be able to remind him of the great evening he had for years and years. In fact you may even be able to use them for financial gain if you ever have a falling out.

actually kind of a good idea to add a katoey in there somewhere with a camera to come in handy. something he and his friends would never forget! plus chanchao's got some really good suggestion. i like the idea of renting the upper floor of STH. really pvt!

actually kind of a good idea to add a katoey in there somewhere with a camera to come in handy. something he and his friends would never forget! plus chanchao's got some really good suggestion. i like the idea of renting the upper floor of STH. really pvt!

take him to juicy bar,on loh kroh opposite stairway.plenty katoeys in there lol

or even to the peak complex,nice bar in the middle for him!

away from ladyboys - plenty of half decent bars,avoid the usual tack-spicy(meat market),bubble(most out of date club in cm imo),spotlight etc.(full of the sadder class of dirty old farang)

i know its a stag,but if you want a decent club at the end,check out volume 1(closes late),warm up or horizon.

enjoy

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

> take him to juicy bar,on loh kroh opposite stairway.plenty katoeys in there lol

I think that would be too obvious, and that bar is usually really dead.. Better get a couple to join at Stairway or wherever you end up.

That said, there's also Simon cabaret and perhaps still at the boxing ring near the corner of Kamphaeng Din and Loi Kroh... I wonder if you could arrange a little show with one or two at your party venue.. I know those cabaret people perform at various venues, also for example at the little bars behind the night bazar near The Peak, even though there's like zero audience. IMHO that would be aweome, a little private show with all the feathers and other regalia..

> ,bubble(most out of date club in cm imo),

If bubble has been refurbished then I'd include it in your survey.. At least it has a dance floor.

> spotlight etc. (full of the sadder class of dirty old farang)

Why thank you. :o Hadn't been in ages but did just have a peek a week or so ago. Nobody seemed sad. And for a stag party, there's no such thing as bad taste.

> i know its a stag,but if you want a decent club at the end,check

> out volume 1(closes late),warm up or horizon.

Ah yes, noticed the review you posted on Horizon.. That would be worth checking out yes. (Under the Duang Tawan hotel right?)

Can I join? :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hi there,

cheers for all the input, it's appreciated.

We'll start off in the UN, but won't be there too long as it is pretty stale. But a good location and the stag plays footy for the Faranguatans, so should get some free beer!

Sounds like STH bar has improved since my last outing, and the upstairs pool table (was a tacky go-go dance stage last time I was there) could be perfect. The stag likes pool and some sort of 'killer' comp always goes down well... and I can imagine a fair few phillies could be persuaded upstairs to help re-spot the balls.

Thanks for the advice regarding the Starlight go-go place. Will scrap that. The Horizon sounds ok though - can anyone peae confirm location?

(I've always enjoyed Bubble when I've been out, but will say no more before I tarnish myself too badly)

The idea is to keep the 'stag train' within walking distance (hence I won't be going to 'Warm Up' for example, but thanks) and so people can feel free to join/leave the party whenever they want without too much grief (a few resident CM folk will be in tow and will have to retire early as they're at work the next day).

As for any TV punters wanting to come along and join in the festivities, I can't see any reason why not - the more the merrier!

Cheers

Jimbo

Hi there,

cheers for all the input, it's appreciated.

We'll start off in the UN, but won't be there too long as it is pretty stale. But a good location and the stag plays footy for the Faranguatans, so should get some free beer!

Sounds like STH bar has improved since my last outing, and the upstairs pool table (was a tacky go-go dance stage last time I was there) could be perfect. The stag likes pool and some sort of 'killer' comp always goes down well... and I can imagine a fair few phillies could be persuaded upstairs to help re-spot the balls.

Thanks for the advice regarding the Starlight go-go place. Will scrap that. The Horizon sounds ok though - can anyone peae confirm location?

(I've always enjoyed Bubble when I've been out, but will say no more before I tarnish myself too badly)

The idea is to keep the 'stag train' within walking distance (hence I won't be going to 'Warm Up' for example, but thanks) and so people can feel free to join/leave the party whenever they want without too much grief (a few resident CM folk will be in tow and will have to retire early as they're at work the next day).

As for any TV punters wanting to come along and join in the festivities, I can't see any reason why not - the more the merrier!

Cheers

Jimbo

yes the location for horizon,is underneath the duangtawan hotel,top of loh kroh road

enjoy