Are US forces still based in Udon Thani?

Kenny202

• 3 years later...

I am sure the Thai AF doesn't have any heavy lift A/C over C130 and on seeing flight of 10 Blackhawks #00kms north of Bangkok, plus a small flight of Cobra type heli's 4 of them, Thailand I think has 2? near Lop buri. I am certain that would have to be the full amount or too many owned by the Thailand. Plus the paint scheme for the Thailand isn't the same as USA? plus combat style dark markings. The USA may not have a US base here in Thailand but are sharing facilities, They are certainly here. Udon 2 years ago shopping big C,  US marked Pick up parked alongside and two low ranks in uniform got out and went shopping! Seen regular heavy lift parked  (northern end and take off s from U=tapho. 

Not to mention that in Pattaya almost all older American retirees or long term visitors claim to be ex US navy seals,  in total far more than has been officially recognized by the US government.  Couple that with the illegal rendition activities led by the new head of the US CIA whilst operational in Thailand, then most probably there is a whole network of secret US operational units still here in Thailand. 

• 1 month later...
Not to mention that in Pattaya almost all older American retirees or long term visitors claim to be ex US navy seals,  in total far more than has been officially recognized by the US government.  Couple that with the illegal rendition activities led by the new head of the US CIA whilst operational in Thailand, then most probably there is a whole network of secret US operational units still here in Thailand. 

There are more SAS Veterans, I always heard

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The USAF used the RTAF base at Takhli from about1961 until 1970, and the last personnel left in the spring of 1971.  Then in the spring of 1972, they needed to return to support a mission.  Supposedly upon re-opening the base, they found most of the barracks had been stripped of all plumbing and electrical fixtures.  :cheesy: