'Chinese tourist' filmed kicking Chiang Mai temple bell

webfact

"Tourists may do things that do not impress local people, but everyone should understand that the arrival of foreign tourists in our country is better than their not coming here, because their presence stimulates the economy,"

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/02/13/sake-economy-please-put-chinese-thaigov-asks

Will the Thai government still put up with it after this?

Just wondering, but are the 'Temple Police' at say, the Emerald Buddha, on watch to make sure that farang don't point their feet at the front of the temple, wear the proper clothes, and keep out of areas that are traditionally off-limits to females ---- as well as making sure that Chinese asian teenagers don't kick the bells with their feet. Or, maybe this is like the dual pricing scheme: Asians we ignore, farangs we charge as much as we can bleed out of them? Just wondering out loud. rolleyes.gif Really, the group tours bring in a lot of bling bling! Individual farang -- Ho-hum.

At Wat Chedi Luang in the old city they have a list of do’s and don’ts for visitors.

The very first item on the list is please keep quiet in the grounds of the temple and don’t make unnecessary noise.

When busloads of Chinese arrive they start shouting at each other like they’re in a fish marketgiggle.gif

• Like 1

The censorship code thinks that you're writing "eff you", "F.U." etc. So no Kung <deleted>, but other martial arts should pass :-)

Okay Everyone the official TV spelling for Kung &lt;deleted&gt; is GUNGPHU then we will be spared all the ,<deleled>. Was there a viseo of this person kicking the bells?? I'd like to see it.coffee1.gif

as to spitting, i see thais spitting every day i am out, so no different really, only 2 days a guy sh**ing in a plastice bag beside the police hut at the suk/soi 71 junction, i suppose to his credit he did use a plastic bag .

have a farang in my street who stands outside his house smoking while constantly spitting.

Thats a trait of smoking heroin, usually cut with soap powder, or even soldering flux - the junkies stand around spitting all the time............I could be wrong, but have seen it with my own eyes, a group of card playing heroin smokers, sitting & puking in trash cans, like nothing was happening.

thumbsup.gif

Thailand dont complain as China will soon control your country

They already do control the country, but what we have here is innovation from a tourist inventing a new way to ring the bell.

Unfortunately these types of tourists don't give a toss and toss their butts and rubbish anywhere, I used to drive tours full of them and they dump their crap behind them on the bus on the restaurant floors and tables and through their ciggy butts anywhere.

Edited by kiwikeith

Good lord! 90,000!

The Chinese rock. In so short of time they have left Europe on the garbage heap of failed globalization. Someday maybe even America. How do they do it?

Let us lick our wounds and console ourselves with our superior manners. It is our last vestige of self deluded superiority.

• Like 2