Wheelchair Traveller

Moude

Hi

I am going to take my mom who is in a wheelchair to Chiangmai in this November. My mom will be sad if she has to stay most of the time in a hotel. Can anyone advice what tourist places and restaurants are wheelchair accessible? What about temples, the elephant camp and falls?

Any information in Chiangmai are much appreciated.

Thanks

Moude :o

> Can anyone advice what tourist places and restaurants are wheelchair accessible?

All of them.

It will require some carrying / lifting, but here Thailand really shines as there's usually plenty of staff/people around to assist.

In other countries you actually need ramps and stuff because nobody is available to lift a finger.. and that's assuming they wanted to.. and that's assuming their lawyer would let them for fear of accidents, etc, etc, etc.

Quit worrying and start travelling. In Thailand things usually just work out if you let it happen and go with the flow. Yes it will make for some unexpected situations, but that's all part of the experience.

All of them.

It will require some carrying / lifting, but here Thailand really shines as there's usually plenty of staff/people around to assist.

In other countries you actually need ramps and stuff because nobody is available to lift a finger.. and that's assuming they wanted to.. and that's assuming their lawyer would let them for fear of accidents, etc, etc, etc.

Quit worrying and start travelling. In Thailand things usually just work out if you let it happen and go with the flow. Yes it will make for some unexpected situations, but that's all part of the experience.

Have to agree with this advice.

A few years ago my friend severely broke her leg on the eve of coming to Thialand and was wheelchair bound for the entire trip. Didn't stop her from coming and as Chanchhao says the Thais everywhere were outstanding in their helpfulness. There was very little she wasn't able to do except for scuba dive but she did visit elephants and even rode on the back of a jet ski with her leg wrapped in acres of plastic!

Edited by miltonbentley