Swimming Club/Classes (for Kids) In Ubon Ratchathani

Water Buffalo

Hello dudes and dudettes of Ubon Ratchathani,

You know back west there are many swimming clubs for kids: is there anything like that in Ubon?

I know swimming isn't that big in Thailand and probably even less in Isaan, but surely there must be something.

I know i could probably teach my kids myself, but i would rather throw 'em in with a bunch of other kids and go for lunch with the wife.

Anyone know of anything like that here?

Many thanks wai2.gif

I have used the Silver Star pool many times. Nice sized and clean pool. I managed to go there during the school day when it was quiet which was ideal for me. From memory it was about 50 baht per visit to use.

Sounds great!

Where is it, by the way?

Thank you

Im not too good with road names but here we go. If you go along the main road out of town past Big C, cross over the intersection with the ring road. This is now the road to Amnat Charoen. You go about 1 kms of so and then you will see the Nissan dealership is on the right. Continue on for another 500 m and there is a market on the left. Just past the market is a small soi to the left and it is about 100 m up on the right. You will see an open car park with also undercover parking for about 3 cars. As you turn left off the Amnat road there is a Krungthai bank opposite.

Hope you can follow my directions

• Like 1

I have used the Silver Star pool many times. Nice sized and clean pool. I managed to go there during the school day when it was quiet which was ideal for me. From memory it was about 50 baht per visit to use.

Sounds great!

Where is it, by the way?

Thank you

There is a map follow the link https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99/198044493594994

• Like 1

Warin swimmingpool as teachers in the afternoon, about 5pm you find them there and can arrange the lessons, and also in the Sport School opposite to Tesco Lotus about same time you should find a tacher.

Four or five years ago my granddaughter had free swimming classes at the Sports School, from beginners upwards (they also had instructions for many other pastimes throughout the long school holiday).

This may well have been discontinued, but could be worth calling in to check.

• Like 1