Italian man found dead in Pattaya condo

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- A 73-year-old Italian man was found dead in his condominium room in Central Pattaya Tuesday, police said.

Pol Lt Yom Prommasart, an interrogator of Pattaya police station, said the body of Antonio Cavaliere was found in his room at the Nine Carats Condominium on Soi Arunothai in Tambon Nong Plua of Bang Lamung district.

Yom was on duty when he was alerted that the body was found so he rushed to the scene with rescuers of Sawang Boribun Thammasathan Foundation.

Cavaliere was staying in the room No 89 on the third floor alone. He was found lying on his back on the bed. He was wearing a white t-shirt and grey shorts.

Yom said the Italian appeared to have died four or five days before his body was found. Officials did not find any wound on his body and there were no trace of fighting in the room either. Yom said there was no sign of theft as Cavaliere’s belongings were still kept neatly.

But the toilet room appeared in a mess, indicating that he might be suffering from vomiting and diarrhea before he died.

A maid of the condominium told police that she noticed stench from Cavaliere’s room for a few days earlier. Tuesday morning, she suspected that something might happen to the Italian so she alerted a condominium male staff who climbed to peek into the room from the next room’s balcony. The staff saw the body lying on the bed.

Yom said police believe the Italian succumbed to his chronic ailments. His body was sent to the Forensic Medicine Institute at the Police General Hospital for an autopsy.

post-128-0-01506200-1424791202_thumb.jpg

These articles are getting repetitive. Paragraph on how a police man "rushed" to the scene. A paragraph describing each article of clothes he was wearing. A paragraph on the state of the room and how it proves no foul play. Then a paragraph on how the maid or gf got worried and found him.

Italian found dead in Central Pattaya apartment

PATTAYA: -- The body of a 73 year old Italian was found in his rented apartment in Central Pattaya on Tuesday afternoon.

Police and medics were called to the Nine Carat Condominium in Soi Arunothai by staff who initially became concerned due to a foul odor emanating from a 3rd floor apartment.

It was decided to gain entry to the apartment via a neighboring balcony and the body of Mr. Antonio Cavaliere was found lying fully-clothed on the bed.

It was estimated he had been dead for between 4 and 5 days and evidence in the bathroom suggested he suffered an acute medical problem prior to his death.

Source: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/173046/italian-found-dead-in-central-pattaya-apartment/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-25

Seems as if the poor old soul died a natural death.

My father (74 then) went to the bathroom many years ago(1979) and died in there, no prior comments to my mother at the time of feeling unwell ,death comes quickly at times and one presumes without pain.

These articles are getting repetitive. Paragraph on how a police man "rushed" to the scene. A paragraph describing each article of clothes he was wearing. A paragraph on the state of the room and how it proves no foul play. Then a paragraph on how the maid or gf got worried and found him.

Agreed. Juvenile journalism at best. Irrelevant sensationalist details. Simply stupid.
  • Like 1

only 73? it certainly cant be death from old age or natural causes. something is obviously amiss.

Oh here we go already. FOUL PLAY??? Many people die of natural causes at this and younger ages. You come across like a bitter old man with nothing but time to think negatively.

That is the sad thing about elderly people, not only in Thailand, but everywhere.

Many times they are alone and it takes a while before they are found.

Even here in Thailand where expats have their "friends" (drinking buddies), who then just ask each other have you seen him lately. NO, not for a few days now. Maybe he will be down and out tomorrow. Your drinking "friends" in their concerned state for you.

Edited by ronthai

Seems as if the poor old soul died a natural death.

My father (74 then) went to the bathroom many years ago(1979) and died in there, no prior comments to my mother at the time of feeling unwell ,death comes quickly at times and one presumes without pain.

Indeed it can and does.

My father (71 at the time) was in his garden working on a new fence. My mum went to take him a cup of tea and found him dead. Doctor and neighbor said he'd had a massive heart attack and would have been dead before he hit the floor. No opportunity for any last words.

Sad who wants to die alone, i dont

Who wants to die with a Thai family around the bed with $-signs in their eyes and surfing on facebook pages while tapping their feet and checking the time every 5 minutes? I don't.

Like that doesn't happen in the west.

• Like 2

Every foreigner died in Thailand , get a mention in Pattaya news , and even mentioned if he was naked in bed or wearing underpants and tee shirt . Not very helpful to their relatives or friends alike . If I lives over there when retired , I better wear pyjamas just in case to save my family embarassement . RIP to Mr Antonio .

only 73? it certainly cant be death from old age or natural causes. something is obviously amiss.

I had a friend who did´nt wake up a week ago in Ubon, he was only 47.

He had a not gay boyfriend that try to get rid of him a couple of times before.

My friend was a heavy drinker, quite easy to put somethihg in his drink.

Are they always doing an autopsy to se what cause the death?

But of course nothing will happend, only to say that he eat the "medicin" himself.

Sad who wants to die alone, i dont

Who wants to die with a Thai family around the bed with $-signs in their eyes and surfing on facebook pages while tapping their feet and checking the time every 5 minutes? I don't.

I pity the company you keep while living.