Hillside 4

cjnst2

Right now I'm staying in a deluxe room at Viangbua Mansion. Its about 80 SQR Meters. Very nice room but unfortunately they refusing to let me continue to stay in it as there are future reservations already made for other guests. They are all booked up on the Deluxe rooms.

That being said I'm in the market for a new place to live in about 10 days. Many of you have recommended Hillside 4. I went to visit there today and here are some of my comments on the room they showed me.

-very nice bed and leather couch. the couch was better than the one I have in Viangbua. The Bathroom was standard(not anywhere near as nice as Viangbua's) and so was the kitchen. The room was on the 10th floor and I must say the balcony and view from Hillside 4 were amazing. I'm on the seventh floor in Viangbua and it doesn't even compare to the view from that room. However, I'm not really feeling studio apartments(need a larger room,preferably one bedroom apartment) and from what they told me this is all that Hillside 4 offers. Is this true? Are they all studios? They also showed me a studio that was for sell and told me that it wasn't for rent, only buy. Are the ones up to buy as nice as the ones that get rented out? Finally, I'm not satisfied with the ASDL internet I've experienced in Thailand. I would want to get my own cable internet hookup in the room. Will they allow me to do this at Hillside 4?

If you guys have any other suggestions on highrise apartments with great views or other comments, good or bad on Hillside 4, I'd appreciate them. I'm going to check out some other houses and condos too but I really do like living 5 or more stories up. Thanks in advance.

~Christopher

P.s. I'm not really on a budget but considering I pay 22K at Viangbua and love what I have I think I should be able to find something similar or better somewhere else. So lets keep the suggestions under 30K for housing.

Oh yeah! Responding to my own post.

Just to give props to all you that do live in Hillside 4 and in case I didn't make it obvious from my post......Those balconies are unbelievable! Probably the main reason I'm even considering moving into a studio there. When I stepped out on that ledge I almost fell over the rail I was so taken away by the view and the size of the balcony itself. I bet some good times can be had on those things. Later.

One more thing. I've used the search function and have looked over some other suggestions such as Rimping and Plaza for people that pose my question. Those rooms were nice but didn't really have the style that I'm looking for in an apartment. I'm looking for something younger and more hip like Hillside or Viangbua's setup and not the homely, I'm retired and married with children, look that some of those other places shared. Thanks.

Basically I would prefer not to have flowered walls and decorated drapes, etc.

For the price you quote try Rimping Condo. They have condos that are around 120sq mts with full on river/city / Doi Sutep views and if you catch one on the NW corner the balcony is easily 20sq mts. Flora will also fit in with your budget as will most other condo blocks in town. The 2 that I mention are both just to the east of the river across Nakornping bridge.

You may want to check with Khun Yaow at Floral ChiangMai Condos..01881-8045 they have very nice 2 bedrooms with nice big balconies, great views, seperate kitchen with micro wave, oven, washing machine. Swimming Pool, Tennis court, ping pong pool table. 26,000 baht...they may have one bedrooms, I am not sure. Walking distance to Riverside, Dukes, Flower and Night market.

For the price you quote try Rimping Condo. They have condos that are around 120sq mts with full on river/city / Doi Sutep views and if you catch one on the NW corner the balcony is easily 20sq mts. Flora will also fit in with your budget as will most other condo blocks in town. The 2 that I mention are both just to the east of the river across Nakornping bridge.

Sorry Mahseer. I haven't actually seen them in person so they may be really nice places but on the internet the pictures seemed to make them look more directed towards a family style setup. They definitely have the size I'm looking for so maybe I'll check them out and then just move a few things around to my liking. I'm looking for the business, bachelor type setup.

By the way...No one answered any of my questions on Hillside 4. Does anyone know if they have one bedroom apartments or larger? I'm jealous of the people that have those if they do. :o

Edited by cjnst2

Sorry Mahseer. I haven't actually seen them in person so they may be really nice places but on the internet the pictures seemed to make them look more directed towards a family style setup. They definitely have the size I'm looking for so maybe I'll check them out and then just move a few things around to my liking. I'm looking for the business, bachelor type setup.

By the way...No one answered any of my questions on Hillside 4. Does anyone know if they have one bedroom apartments or larger? I'm jealous of the people that have those if they do. :o

I think Hillside 4 has condos of 45 sqm and 90sqm. As you probably noticed it's like the catacombs in there. Pretty dreary IMO. I understand that people living there with balconies usually must keep doors closed and curtains drawn to limit heat, noise, smoke/dust. Up to you.

For my money I'd check out the Rimping favoring westerly views. I don't know the Floral but it seems nice.

Check the online ads in places such as Citylife (www.chiangmainews.com) and you'll probably find what you are after. If not make appointments with Hillside 3 and 4 and the 2 I mentioned and you will have a good idea of what is available in less than 4 hours. Your comment regarding Rimping is pretty close but you may be surprised.

Just so you are aware if you do end up renting in Rimping or Flora you will have to shell out 3 months deposit and 1 month rent up front.

Good luck

Hillside 4 has condos from 45sq m to around 200 sq m, although what is actually available for rent at any one time is another matter.

I bought there last year and am impressed with the security. Just having had some building work done, the guards were all over the workmen, checking IDs etc. Also they enforced a strict policy re noise and dust disturbance to other residents.

Agree with you about the balconies and the view - very nice. Some of the communal areas could do with a lick of paint though.

M

Edited by Markymark

I spent 5 months in an apartment on the 8th floor of Hillside 4 earlier this year and I've got to disagree about the security. I thought that was the one area where the building was lacking. Anyone can get in to visit the offices on the lower floors or to use the gym and pool. Once you're in the building it's pretty easy to access any floor as the security doors are never closed. I heard there was at least one robbery while I was there.

As for needing to keep the balcony door closed and curtains drawn to limit heat, noise, smoke/dust, that was rarely a problem. We kept the door open most of the time. Of course during the hottest months we closed it to use the AC.

Hello everyone! Can anyone tell me where is Hillside4? Can anyone lead me from thapae road to hillside4? Thanks a millions! ; )

Go around the moat to the northwest corner where CM Ram Hospital is. Go west on Huai Kaew Rd past the Central Shopping Center and the big gas station. Go another couple of 100 meters and Hillside 4 is on the right.

I spent 5 months in an apartment on the 8th floor of Hillside 4 earlier this year and I've got to disagree about the security. I thought that was the one area where the building was lacking. Anyone can get in to visit the offices on the lower floors or to use the gym and pool. Once you're in the building it's pretty easy to access any floor as the security doors are never closed. I heard there was at least one robbery while I was there.

As for needing to keep the balcony door closed and curtains drawn to limit heat, noise, smoke/dust, that was rarely a problem. We kept the door open most of the time. Of course during the hottest months we closed it to use the AC.

I agree that there is no "stop & search" on entry to the accommodation, but most people would not want security that tight. There needs to be a balance. The bottom line for me is that when I am out of town, g/f feels safe there, which was not the case in her previous accommodation.

You say there has been at least one robbery. This is news to me (and to the management btw). If you actually mean a burglary, then the occasional one is almost inevitable.

Thanks

M

I agree that there is no "stop & search" on entry to the accommodation, but most people would not want security that tight. There needs to be a balance. The bottom line for me is that when I am out of town, g/f feels safe there, which was not the case in her previous accommodation.

You say there has been at least one robbery. This is news to me (and to the management btw). If you actually mean a burglary, then the occasional one is almost inevitable.

Thanks

M

Sorry about my "legalese". I beleive no one was home when the "burglary" occurred, but don't know for sure. Management posted a notice by the elevators on every floor telling about it and asking residents to close the security doors behind them. Nothing's changed. The doors are never closed. I'm not looking for any more security than a locked door. If my floor is locked, hopefully the burglar will do the easy thing and use an unlocked door on another floor.

I'm no longer there so it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

Thanks

M

Hillside 4

Do you interested in 2 studio room (45 sqm. each) fully furnished at Hillside 4 for rent/sale on floor 9 and 12 with mountain view? please contact [email protected] or 01-6123103

el jefe wrote:

Sorry about my "legalese". I beleive no one was home when the "burglary" occurred, but don't know for sure. Management posted a notice by the elevators on every floor telling about it and asking residents to close the security doors behind them. Nothing's changed. The doors are never closed. I'm not looking for any more security than a locked door. If my floor is locked, hopefully the burglar will do the easy thing and use an unlocked door on another floor.

I'm no longer there so it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

No need to aplogise... It is, however, nice to see the management taking the issue seriously.

Your point is valid; if people cannot be bothered to close security doors, then it defeats their purpose.

Hope your new accommodation is ok.

Regards

M

Edited by Markymark