90 days per year with stamp....

Hi all, i just arrived in Phuket after my usual 5 weeks at see and was ready to enjoy a month off....

That was before an imigration officer told me that a new law just came up saying that I can stay 90 days per year maximum using stamps on arrival...

He wrote it in Thai, just below the stamp and let me go finally. When I asked hime what kind of visa I could get he replied the tourist one.... <deleted>?

I am staying in Thailand since 7 years doing these rotations and I never had any issues but this is bad, really bad. I can't imagine going thru the process of a tourist visa eveey time i disembark.

Any body had the same issue or is it just another Phuket's special?

There is no such rule. It is meant to be a alert so that the immigration officer knows to look at your previous entries. Your entries break no rules or guidelines for entry..

Yours is not the first report of this but nobody has been denied entry for it. They can only deny entry for a lack of funds or suspicion of working here under section 12 fo the immigration act. Just have the equivalent of 10k or 20k baht cash to show and proof you have an income from outside Thailand if they pull you to the side for questioning.

One suggestion is to avoid Phuket airport. There have been no reports of this happening at Suv (bkk).

Thanks for the answer Ubonjoe.

My Gf translated for me what the officer wrote on my passport and it says that next time I will need a visa....

I just can't understand what is their point here... Am I not a quality tourist as they are looking for? 555

It won't spoil my time off anyway.

Tom

If the immigration officer had taken the time to look at your history of entries instead of just looking at the alert on the screen he would have noticed your entries are well within the guidelines for exempt entries. They should only be looking for out/in entries where people are trying to live here on exempt entries.

I am not sure if an immigration officer is even allowed to make such a note in your passport like the officer did.