Vaping Thailand

leeroy221

Hi all,

Off to LOS soon and was wondering what the deal is over there. I cant find much info on the web but hope you can help answer a few questions:

- Is it illegal to vap in Thailand?

- Can you buy liquids and ecigs in Bangkok and Pattaya? Off to Buriram too but assume i wont get it there

- Can i bring it into Thailand? If so, should i put it in checked luggage?

These have been a real help as i have not had a normal cig for 8mths and only use very low nicotine liquid.

Cheers.

Is it illegal to vap in Thailand?

Technically, owning vaping gear for personal use is legal, however juice with nicotine is illegal.

Can you buy liquids and ecigs in Bangkok and Pattaya?

Not legally, no. The sales of vaping products is illegal in Thailand.

Can i bring it into Thailand?

Limited amounts for personal use, yes.

should i put it in checked luggage?

No. Many airlines are now prohibiting the carrying of fixed battery mods in checked-in baggage. If you use an unregulated mod, the mod sans battery can be checked in, but the batteries have to be carried on. Best bet is to separate your RDA/RBA/tank from your battery/mech/mod. Seal your juice in a plastic bag. Seal your EMPTY tank in a plastic bag. Carry all of it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Never buy the chinese crap that you can see in stalls on the side of the road or in some malls. They are indeed pure crap.

There are a few discreet shops in BKK that sell good quality gear and juices, and many online shops in Facebook. You can find more information in the thailand vapers forum.

• 6 months later...

Where can you buy electronic cigarette liquid in Bangkok? I don't really fancy buying it off Sukhumvit. Can someone give me the link to the vaping forum, I can not find it. Thank you very much.

Go look on line, but search Thailand vapers and it might take you the right place ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What exactly is this Vaping all about......??

Vaping can be defined as the act of inhaling water vapor through a personal vaporizer (the vaper’s tobacco-free version of the traditional cigarette).

Vaping is an alternative to smoking. It’s like smoking minus several of the adverse effects of the latter: no bad smell and bad breath, no cigarette burns, no more dirty ashtrays, less likelihood of getting cancer and other smoking-affiliated illnesses – you get the drift.

In short, vaping is the name given to the use of a vaporizer. The process involves applying heat to a liquid which generates vapor. The user, called a vaper (smoker in traditional cigarette circles) gets their nicotine hit through inhaling the almost odorless vapor (smoking equivalent of ‘smoke’).

Where can you buy electronic cigarette liquid in Bangkok? I don't really fancy buying it off Sukhumvit. Can someone give me the link to the vaping forum, I can not find it. Thank you very much.

Go look on line, but search Thailand vapers and it might take you the right place wink.png

Oh hey thanks for this. I must have missed it first time round.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Easy to by in Bangkok - saw some on Sukhumvit road and sure Pattaya will have them.

Don't buy e-cigarettes from street markets. They are usually fakes. Just google e-cigarettes Thailand and you will find a couple of useful sites for purchasing.

When i started vaping i bought the "pen type" from places like JJ market, at thb 900 a pop starts getting expensive as they are not very durable and break frequently, best money i spent was buying a tank and a dedent mod.

• 1 month later...

Thai vendors seem to be always "out be of stock", I have purchased genuine products using Aliexpress. There are a lot of clones so only stick to sellers offering genuine products and verify with customer feedback. When I first tentatively enquired I sent them a message asking for confirmation and one even responded that their products were cloned. Due diligence and you should be OK. I only purchase for my own personal use and had no problems and no charges from customs.

Edit: I haven't ordered any e-juice from overseas as I don't want to risk a customs issue. Thai vendors always seem to have theses in stock anyway.

Archived