British Man Wanted For Questioning In Thailand

sriracha john

Manchester murders husband flew to Thailand

LONDON - A 36-year-old man wanted for questioning in connection with murder of his wife and three children in their home in Greater Manchester left Britain for Thailand more than three weeks ago, police said on Friday.

Uzma Rahan and her three children, Adam, 11, Abbas, 8 and daughter Henna, 6, were found dead on Sunday after apparently lying undiscovered for up to four weeks. They died as a result of serious head injuries.

Police have said they want to speak to Rahan Arshad over the deaths and are working with international agencies in a bid to find him. They have also arrested a 40-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman on suspicion of murder.

Arshad's car was found at Heathrow Airport on Monday.

"We are concerned for the welfare of Rahan Arshad and are actively looking for him," said Detective Superintendent Martin Bottomley.

"We are unaware of any contact he may have made with any family member since late July and I now know that he left the UK via Terminal 3 at Heathrow airport on July 29, bound for Bangkok in Thailand.

"We are liaising with our police colleagues in Thailand via Interpol to help us to trace his onward movements.

"Of course that is now four weeks ago and he could be anywhere in the world by now."

Officers discovered the bodies in the house in Cheadle Hulme after being called by neighbours who said they were concerned about the families' welfare.

- Reuters

===========================================================

Additional story with repetitive details omitted:

Missing father 'on Bangkok plane'

In a statement, the family of Uzma Rahan said she was a "loving, caring and devoted mother".

"We have lost a very special family member," they said.

"Adam, Abbas and Henna were gorgeous, intelligent and well-mannered little children.

"Thinking of our four family members being murdered so violently is beyond belief."

Rahan Arshad's brother Raswan said: "We as a family are grieving for their loss, and their mother Uzma.

"We can deeply understand and feel the pain and grief that Uzma's family must be going through."

And he said to his brother: "It is absolutely paramount that you come forward at this moment in time to assist the police with their inquiries. If not for yourself, do it for us, your father, sisters and me."

Magistrates have granted police a warrant allowing the two suspects to be held on suspicion of murder until early on Saturday.

- BBC

============================================================

_42007914_arshad_family_pa203.jpg

Uzma Rahan, Abbas, Adam , and Henna

The murdered woman and her three murdered children

_41998846_rahan_arshad203.jpg

Rahan Arshad

Husband wanted for questioning

Edited by sriracha john

What is the attraction of Thailand for international misfits and criminals?

I guess -

1) Relatively very cheap

2) Lots of airlines fly here

3) Relatively developed

4) Easy to hide amongst the other misfits and criminals

5) Good quality plastic surgeons

6) Most sick perversions can be catered for at a price

7) laid back easy going place - especially compared to other developing countries

any others?

"We are concerned for the welfare of Rahan Arshad "

Is that police speak for we want him behind bars?

If they said that in Thailand it would mean "we have a death squad coming after you so you better turn yourself in". The war on drugs comes to mind. Don't think British police would do such a thing though.

I guess it's the best they can do without giving away that the guy is the main suspect.

What I think is really interesting now is: How good is the new immigration computer system? They must have his picture and name in the database.

On the other hand, it's pretty easy to leave Thailand by land and there are no border computers there. Burma, Cambodia, anywhere. Not too hard to get a new passport in BKK first.

Rahan Arshad

This bloke is in hua hin... he tried to sell me a suit the other day. :o:D

Oh great, now everyone will be saying "another foreign murderer flees to Thailand". I prefer to look on the bright side -- everybody loves Thailand, everybody wants to come here. Nothing new eh?

What worries me more is that the English are getting a bad name. Look at his name and picture. He's a 100% true new generation Englishman.

A DAD suspected of murdering his entire family may have fled the country up to four weeks ago, police fear.

An international manhunt was launched after the rotting bodies of mum-of-three Uzma Arshad, 32, and her children, aged five, eight and 10, were found in their home.

Police are hunting Uzma's husband, taxi driver Rahan Arshad, 36. He is British-born but has family in Pakistan and it is feared he may have headed there. Detectives probing the slaughter at the family home in Stockport, near Manchester, said none of them had been seen for up to four weeks.

The family car, a silver BMW 320 coupe with the Scots registration SC06 HLZ, has not been parked on the drive for some weeks.

Neighbours said yesterday that Arshad had argued with his wife recently over her alleged affair with another man.

Locals believed the whole family had gone to Pakistan.

But when they became aware of the sickening stench from the house, they investigated and called in the police.

Officers smashed down the door and found the decomposing bodies of Uzma, Adam, 10, Abbas, eight, and Hannah, five.

Neighbour Natalie Hough, 18, said: "One of our other neighbours was really worried about them because none of them had been seen for ages.

"So she had a look through the letterbox and was coughing and spluttering at the smell.

"Nobody can believe this has happened here, everyone's in shock.

"The family didn't go out much and you never really saw them about, apart from 7.30 every night when they went to the shops.

"We heard a few weeks ago they had gone on holiday to Pakistan and no one had seen a curtain twitch for three or four weeks."

Another neighbour, Hannah Mills, said: "There were rumours going around that it was an arranged marriage and she wasn't very happy.

"She'd been seeing another man but he'd started to pester her and her husband found out. Then we heard they were going to Pakistan."

"A neighbour had smelled something untoward through the letterbox so we entered the property shortly after 5pm on Sunday.

"The bodies of four people, three children and a woman, were found in the house. We are very keen to speak to the fifth occupant of that property, Rahan Arshad. We believe the family have not been seen for up to four weeks, which means the bodies could have lain there for all that time.

"And with the hot weather we've been having recently, you can only imagine the state theywere in when our officers found them.

"We want to speak to Rahan Arshad in relation to the horrendous events in the house. We are liaising with forces abroad."

Yesterday, Arshad's family, including his father and his brother, who works for the same taxi firm, were being comforted at their home a few miles away.

A former neighbour, who asked not to be named, said "We knew they were quite a religious family, and that they were all to have arranged marriages but the boys didn't seem to mind.

"Rahan's wife was absolutely beautiful."

There were rumours that it was an arranged marriage and she wasn't happy'

the daily record.

Edited by taxexile

What is the attraction of Thailand for international misfits and criminals?

I guess -

1) Relatively very cheap

2) Lots of airlines fly here

3) Relatively developed

4) Easy to hide amongst the other misfits and criminals

5) Good quality plastic surgeons

6) Most sick perversions can be catered for at a price

7) laid back easy going place - especially compared to other developing countries

any others?

well, no more has to be said as its why we are all here.

we love the los. :D

pure and simple

cheers :o

Rahan Arshad

This bloke is in hua hin... he tried to sell me a suit the other day. :o:D

well he must be getting around, as i seen him on rambuttri street. :D

LONDON - A 36-year-old man wanted for questioning in connection with murder of his wife and three children in their home in Greater Manchester left Britain for Thailand more than three weeks ago, police said on Friday.

Uzma Rahan and her three children, Adam, 11, Abbas, 8 and daughter Henna, 6, were found dead on Sunday after apparently lying undiscovered for up to four weeks. They died as a result of serious head injuries.

Police have said they want to speak to Rahan Arshad over the deaths and are working with international agencies in a bid to find him. They have also arrested a 40-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman on suspicion of murder.

Arshad's car was found at Heathrow Airport on Monday.

"We are concerned for the welfare of Rahan Arshad and are actively looking for him," said Detective Superintendent Martin Bottomley.

"We are unaware of any contact he may have made with any family member since late July and I now know that he left the UK via Terminal 3 at Heathrow airport on July 29, bound for Bangkok in Thailand.

"We are liaising with our police colleagues in Thailand via Interpol to help us to trace his onward movements.

"Of course that is now four weeks ago and he could be anywhere in the world by now."

Officers discovered the bodies in the house in Cheadle Hulme after being called by neighbours who said they were concerned about the families' welfare.

- Reuters

===========================================================

Additional story with repetitive details omitted:

Missing father 'on Bangkok plane'

In a statement, the family of Uzma Rahan said she was a "loving, caring and devoted mother".

"We have lost a very special family member," they said.

"Adam, Abbas and Henna were gorgeous, intelligent and well-mannered little children.

"Thinking of our four family members being murdered so violently is beyond belief."

Rahan Arshad's brother Raswan said: "We as a family are grieving for their loss, and their mother Uzma.

"We can deeply understand and feel the pain and grief that Uzma's family must be going through."

And he said to his brother: "It is absolutely paramount that you come forward at this moment in time to assist the police with their inquiries. If not for yourself, do it for us, your father, sisters and me."

Magistrates have granted police a warrant allowing the two suspects to be held on suspicion of murder until early on Saturday.

- BBC

Rahan Arshad

Once again another arab kills his familly must be trying to get to the arab city in thailand i rest my case

We are unaware of any contact he may have made with any family member since late July and I now know that he left the UK via Terminal 3 at Heathrow airport on July 29, bound for Bangkok in Thailand.

I don't understand the last sentence. Why on earth do we spend so much time waiting at immigration at the airport while they type in details of our passport, flight number or whatever.

If their registrations system works they should be able to see immediately if he has left the country or not. If they can't do that then whole registration system is a complete waste of time.

Oh great, now everyone will be saying "another foreign murderer flees to Thailand". I prefer to look on the bright side -- everybody loves Thailand, everybody wants to come here. Nothing new eh?

What worries me more is that the English are getting a bad name. Look at his name and picture. He's a 100% true new generation Englishman.

lampy - would have sworn he is your twin brother with a tan..... :o:D:D

We are unaware of any contact he may have made with any family member since late July and I now know that he left the UK via Terminal 3 at Heathrow airport on July 29, bound for Bangkok in Thailand.

I don't understand the last sentence. Why on earth do we spend so much time waiting at immigration at the airport while they type in details of our passport, flight number or whatever.

If their registrations system works they should be able to see immediately if he has left the country or not. If they can't do that then whole registration system is a complete waste of time.

If you were wanted for murder would you use the airports to get around,

or one of the many thousand border crossings like dirt roads and tracks where there has never been an immigration officer ever? :o

Thailand as a gateway for escaping is one of the worlds best points to start from. Bangkok is also a great place for fake passports.

Once again another arab :D kills his familly must be trying to get to the arab city in thailand i rest my case

Snowdog, You had better brush up on your geography......... :o

Pakistan is not in the Middle East, which is where you find the Arabs......... :D

"We are concerned for the welfare of Rahan Arshad "

Is that police speak for we want him behind bars?

===============================================================

Why is it that most people in this thread are jumping to conclussions, I wonder ?!

Somewhere in the intitial report it clearly states: "They have also arrested a 40-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman on suspicion of murder." - This could, in my humble opinion, conceivably entail, that if this couple murdered the four, then the father did not commit murder.

I know in Thailand justice isn't served-up the same way as it is in Englang, but please, please, can we adhere to the principle "Inncocent until prove Guilty" ? ? ? ?

Just maybe this guy Arshad escaped by the "skin of his teeth" and simply fled to a "neutral" country ? ? Just maybe this guy may be going through hel_l, knowing his entire family is wiped-out ? ? Just maybe, this guy is sitting in a hot, dark corner somewhere in this Kingdom, hurting like hel_l & crying his eyes out ? ?

To the mother and here three children: Rest In Peace . . . . . . .

What a waste !

:o

JGK

Pattaya

If you were wanted for murder would you use the airports to get around,

or one of the many thousand border crossings like dirt roads and tracks where there has never been an immigration officer ever?

Thailand as a gateway for escaping is one of the worlds best points to start from. Bangkok is also a great place for fake passports.

(What the heck happened to the edit! )

Edited by F1 Visa Runner

:o Well i,m not a Member of Interpol or a Police profiler but i would think its obvious Mr Raham Ashad had just failed his entrance exam into the Al Queida Network where he could of Happily blown up his fellow country men .. Unhappy at this he decided to take it out on his wife and kids (still holding a grudge with his wife since she refused to get circumcized) .. Being aware he may of gone to far this time and even the local citizens advice bureau couldn,t get him out of this one .. He opted to Jump on the 1st Plane to BKK ..Any one wanting to know the where abouts of MR Raham Ashad he can most probably be found in the Grace Hotel Soi Nana/3 enjoying a late one ..He will be the one wearing a smart suit :D ..As for innocent until proven guilty why would a innocent man run ?? .. I can understand a wrongly convicted innocent man trying to run from Thailand but this is the 1st time i,ve heard of it being the other way round ?? .. Regardless of all this if the Murderer is in Thailand i would hope that he gets caught soon and preferably by the Thai police :D

Once again another arab kills his familly must be trying to get to the arab city in thailand i rest my case

Pakistani descent? Snowdog .... that would make him Asian. But please don't let the facts obscure your racism!

If he plays for the English cricket team or wins an Olympic gold medal he's 100% old generation Englishman. :o

"...the English are getting a bad name"

Getting? That train left the station ages ago.

Amazing how the liberals defend the arab!

He kills his family (4 weeks ago) and one week later (3 weeks ago), after he “wakes up” and bought a ticket, he runs!

Wow, and the liberals still think he is not guilty!

WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU!! :o

He kills his family (4 weeks ago) and one week later (3 weeks ago), after he “wakes up” and bought a ticket, he runs!

Jimmy ........ since when is a UK citizen of Pakastani descent an "Arab"?

I’m sorry, you are right, he looks a bit Swedish or Dutch, no, maybe african…

Silly me!

Silly me!

or Maybe South Asian ..... get a clue and drop the racist rhetoric

Silly me!

Have 212 more Heinekens, Jimmy. Then hopefully you'll be too drunk to operate a keyboard further.

Frankly with all the racist comments, might as well close this thread. I'd hate to think we're allowing the racists to win that win... but I've neither the strength nor the inclination to address each and every one of them.