22-Year-Old Burmese Man Found Dead on Koh Samui

You can see why he was confused. It was only 3 Thais against one. Normally the odds would be 8 to one for Thai males....

"We believe [the perpetrators] are from Burma, judging from their violent behavior. They like to use violence," Pol.Col. Sirichai said. He did not cite any other evidence to support his claim.

With this mentality prevalent on Koh Tao and Koh Samui, how can a Burmese get a fair trial?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

. "We believe [the perpetrators] are from Burma, judging from their violent behavior. They like to use violence," Pol.Col. Sirichai said. He did not cite any other evidence to support his claim. Wit

I don't believe it's just the islands. It's inherent in Thainess. Simple minds exibiting grossly ignorant, bigoted xenophobia. And the inability to accept responsibility, hence, losing face, if it

Next Weeks Headline: Man savagely bitten to death... Po. Col. "We originally suspected the neighbours' 4 pit bulls, but after seeing the severity of the attack we are now on the hunt for a pack of B

Well at least they didn't use a hoe and rape him so they ought to get bail.

500 Baht, say sorry, and promise to not do it again....

Shocking enough they will get off...

If they are 17.5 they are minors and then only a slap on the wrist will be done....

That's true enough but from my experience of what has happened to the parents of wayward teens in my village here in Isaan the families are now broke. The fines for the teens ie. the parents are relatively speaking enormous,it will go into hundreds of thousands,the kids will get juvenile prison and have a criminal record which will hinder their future employment. Any land that the parents have ie the kids inheritance, may have to be sold to help pay of the fines, their marriage prospects have sunk enormously, it isn't as easy as it seems at first glance.

Did the kids in your village kill another Thai or some migrant worker?

Migrant worker's life is certainly not as valuable as Thai life...

Who will demand compensation for the migrant workers? Who will assist

them in getting it? Thai Police? Thai Court?

I never ever hear about the Thai people who employ these so called migrants getting charged for hiring them, and it seems every time something goes wrong in this neck of the woods, it is Burmese first on the hit list, If they are as bad as they say, then why don't they just round them up and ship them out, it is better to keep them on the island as they can be used to protect the guilty,

Edited by cookee68