Help!

dmerchent

Just realized it is the day for my run before I get stuck with late fees!! It's about 1300 now does anyone know how late you can come back thru the Mai Sai border? Think I can make it?

Help!

:o

Its about 3 hrs on the money from Narawath Bridge by automobile... Reasonable driving and no stopping. Not exactly sure exactly what time the immigration closes the bridge, but you will not have any too much time to spare..... IF YOU LEAVE RIGHT NOW..

Over stay is now 500 baht remember...and the bridge into Tachilek is also 500 B now there will be a new delay on the other side of about 30 - 45 minutes for you to do the paperwork at Burma side then you return ....... maybe.... make sure about the 10,ooo B in your pocket for return showing.

Good Luck

gonzo

Border closes wether 17:30 or 18:00 if I remember well. Have in mind from 6 to 6....

Better take 20k to show, as this is the official ammount to have with you.

Can't tell if "The last minute before closing" is a rush hour, or more like calm and you pass through more quickly. I rember being the onlyone at the office, when getting in as well when going back - but not on saturdays, though...

Good luck!

Keep us not in suspense.....did you make it....?and if so....how was it?

Should we start a bail money fund ???????

:D

Guess he's still on the far side. I'll start the pot with 20 baht. Where shall we leave the funds?

Why that place on the river, thats the only place I know of with the 20 baht pot //////

Keep us not in suspense.....did you make it....?and if so....how was it?

Should we start a bail money fund ???????

:D

Guess he's still on the far side. I'll start the pot with 20 baht. Where shall we leave the funds?

Why that place on the river, thats the only place I know of with the 20 baht pot //////

Okay, let's meet up in the garden at the rear of the Pun Pun guest house, it's a good place to keep an eye out for any floaters in the river. Heard they have cold beer there and don't have signs banning any nationality including Australians.

Edited by Blinky Bill

:o I dragged myself out of the Mae Ping first thing this morning...too early for the bar to be open RATs! I'm going back later today to search for that beer fund though!!

First...Thanks for the info, and I appologize (well sort of) for taking so long since about 10 minutes after I posted on Sat. my "wonderfull" TOT plan went on the fritz and this is the fist time I have been able to get back on. TOT :D

We decided that it was going to be too much of a race to get up there in time...so decided to just take the hit and "pay the day"

This was our first overstay, so we weren't sure what they would do but it was very quick..."give me the money sign this".

On the Myanmar side they are so nice and polite very fast...probably want to look like they are working extra hard for their doubled fees...they were not taking pictures.... or maybe just didn't want one of my ugly mug! :D No shopping, just a quick fill up of cheap liquor and a little cheaper coffee back over... no problems the xray machine was gone completely no checking of farangs bags while we were there just the Thai's

I wonder if the Riverside is open yet?? :D