Friends For Kids Here For Three Weeks

Larry

We are in the Nong Hoi area (Moo Ban Siri Wattana) with three of my daughters (12, 10 and 8). They are a bit bored because they don't know any kids around here. If you have kids in those ages, call me at 09 8870758. Information about activities that kids would like gratefully accepted.

All the best

Guest IT Manager

Swimming pool at Chiang Mai Land, also Tennis. Swimming pool used to be in Sri Wattana not sure if it still is.

Ten Pin Bowling, about 2 km up the road, turn left at Mae Ping police station go 300 meters, hard to miss, called UFO bowl.

Movies at Robinson.

OMG I included stuff that you have to be involved in as well. Sorry about that.

Big aquarium in the Bottom of Robinson, good for an hour. Eat on the top level near the cinemas, cheaper than the Maccas etc downstairs and way more fun to experiment, with different Thai food.

Air museum go to the airport, go straight ahead to Wing 41, ask the guard about seeing the old aircraft. They are usually fairly good.

Walk around Wiang Khum Khom. Go to the old Chedi, past the Police Station, Chedi is an old Burmese edifice, right hand side. Park near it, and walk. Quite interesting. Follow the signs.

Swai Riang Restaurant, just past the underpass, turn right (sign on the left), follow the soi down, at the first tee junction turn right, keep going. Go after 6 PM, take the family. My kids adore the place. We use it for special occasions. Great food. Order Ped Swai Riang and guess what it is. Order beer with ice. They have a few soft drinks so the kids will be fine.

Go to the Zoo. Not exactly neighborhood, but not a bad day out.

Guest IT Manager

We aim to please Larry.

By the way, there used to be an ice-skating rink at Central department Store and a mini bowling centre. Problem there is lots of video machines which sort of change the family perspective somewhat...

Not sure that the Skating Rink near the Arcade bus station is still open either, may be worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...
By the way, there used to be an ice-skating rink at Central department Store and a mini bowling center.

And they are still open. Bally Ice Skate on fifth floor of Kad Suan Kaeo Shopping Center opens at 11 on weekdays and 10 on weekends, except during ice hockey tournaments; and ice condition was very good last week (much better than the outside air). :o