142k baht a carport?

dendijk

Well corroded steel is very hard to weld, almost impossible. And if you see holes in it then sure it's crap. If corroded parts have flakes come off then also it's no good.

But it's simple though, you paid for new steel so that's what you should get, nothing else and also no galvanised steel if that's not specified.

If i were you then smash the whole carport down and buy a new one. For 140k baht + the demolition you'll feel much better i guess.

It's very hard to find a reliable contractor in Thailand, farang or not. Even the ones who work for hi-so thai deliver crap quality.

Well corroded steel is very hard to weld, almost impossible. And if you see holes in it then sure it's crap. If corroded parts have flakes come off then also it's no good.

But it's simple though, you paid for new steel so that's what you should get, nothing else and also no galvanised steel if that's not specified.

If i were you then smash the whole carport down and buy a new one. For 140k baht + the demolition you'll feel much better i guess.

It's very hard to find a reliable contractor in Thailand, farang or not. Even the ones who work for hi-so thai deliver crap quality.

Hi Thian,

i am afraid it is worse than that. There is a team of licensed surveyors going through the home inch by inch now. In about a week we expect their report.

Considering the concrete they used i am afraid everything done has to come down and be redone.

Hi Thian,

i am afraid it is worse than that. There is a team of licensed surveyors going through the home inch by inch now. In about a week we expect their report.

Considering the concrete they used i am afraid everything done has to come down and be redone.

Yup, well look at the bright side of it. Your problems will be over once it's done. It all looks crappy.

But you can't compare western quality with what the Thai make/do.

Worst thing that could happen is the whole carport collapsing with an expensive car or person under it. You sure don't want that i guess.

If you can get any money back you will be lucky, if not then you'll have to swallow the loss i guess. But then it would be nice if this whole thing is over ASAP so you can continue with your life.

Hi Thian,

Yup, well look at the bright side of it. Your problems will be over once it's done. It all looks crappy.

Worst thing that could happen is the whole carport collapsing with an expensive car or person under it. You sure don't want that i guess.

If you can get any money back you will be lucky, if not then you'll have to swallow the loss i guess. But then it would be nice if this whole thing is over ASAP so you can continue with your life.

Yes i am somewhat glad that it has been stopped but unfortunately 5 months and 2 million baht to late.

Even though this is Thailand, I wonder if it is allowed to build structures that can be potentially dangerous to people?

No offence but are you new to Thailand?

Well the Thai don't have any knowledge about safety at all (to say it politely). Even when you show them the danger they still don't care at all. Just look at the traffic and you'll know enough.

I didn't know you ordered much more then only the carport, well i hope you finally get what you paid for.

The farang you ordered from should know better but hey this is Thailand. The land of scams and selfish people.

I would never buy a used car/house/boat in Thailand or from a Thai. Even buying new products with warranty is a risk. You can't blame yourself though, i also would trust a farang more then a Thai but i sure know that many of them also are scammers/unprofessional.

What is it about men when they come to Thailand.

Man meets woman so he no longer needs his brain.

Man builds house with no previous experience because aforementioned brain left behind.

Man rides motorbikes without helmet again the brain isnt there to be protected.

As a so called expert on this forum i have little or no sympathy with people taking on a project like this with no help, advice, architect, project manager and experience.

For us guys who have a career full of building experience it is still a very daunting and difficult task to pull off successfully.

Play with fire you get your fingers burnt.

Good luck salvaging what you can....but is a lawyer your expert in construction.?

I do have sympathy with anyone that gets ripped off, delighting in their misfortune is just being mean spirited. Con men are successful as they are convincing.

My wife and I have have renovated 6 condos, 2 houses and 1 town house without an architect or project manager. All turned out well and sold. We knew bugger all except location, location when starting. We made some small mistakes but learned quickly, a bigger project now awaits.

Firstly you have to do some research, pay by instalment and purchase materials yourself. It is all doable. Even a chang who does one (relatively) good job can stuff up the next time using friends, relatives etc, you just have to be constantly on site watching them.

Hope those who got done can salvage something from it all, and be prepared for the many pitfalls next time.

Hi Thian,

Yes i am somewhat glad that it has been stopped but unfortunately 5 months and 2 million baht to late.

Even though this is Thailand, I wonder if it is allowed to build structures that can be potentially dangerous to people?

Has an engineer actually assessed the building as dangerous?

If yes, you would probably have reasonable grounds for a civil suit to get that 2M back.

Edited by IMHO