'Green' Areas to live in?

yaely

Your friends garden, or perhaps your idea of Ban Wangtan location, must be quite remote from our place within the mooban.

Note: We rented for 18 months/ neary 18 months ago, some 700m closer to the flightpath, and there used to be ONE old A300 (now retired) which caused excessive noise maybe 3 times a week ... past history!

Living within walking or scooter distance of major shops/malls/schools etc has many benefits. Mind you, we usually take the car during this weather.

near the side gate (5c area?)

I agree with ES, Whalepark is very pleasant, I've hired a bungalow there, and I've used the pool many times.

Short-term accom?

How short?

Mae Rim isn't really a place for tourists to stay, so not much tourist type accom. (that I noticed)

If you are wealthy, Four Seasons is nice.

Short Term as in stay in the neighborhood for a week to test out the waters, then try and find a nice 30 or 60 days deal, for starters. 600 for a Bungalow? We're looking for half that price, say 250-300 a night, even if the place is falangless and not as nice, so long as it's not trashy. Any ideas?

Maejo tips would be appreciated as well, (and is there a decent supermarket there..?) thanks.

Edited by yaely

Tesco and 7/11 small stores at both, Mae Rim has a Tops and Makro as well

MaeJo has a Tesco superstore 7Km nearer town, and Rimping there as well.

MaeJo and Mae Rim aren't really tourist areas, so there is no reasonable cost short term accommodation.

Thai style resorts in both places but 500-800bht/night.

Student accommodation condos at MaeJo for 1,600bht/month, there are Thai style rooms for rent from 1,200bht/month.

They will take anyone with the money, but you'll be surrounded by students.

Not really feasible to live in those areas without your own transport.

Thanks MJMTB, that's good to know. Another friend of a friend suggested the west side of town, Around the Zoo and Maya Shopping Center. Anyone has experience there? Perhaps a bit close to the Airport/city? Though city proximity is indeed useful so long as the place is quiet and air is clean. i see there are many more hotels there, is it possible to get decent ones (hot water, toilet etc) for 250-350?

Thanks MJMTB, that's good to know. Another friend of a friend suggested the west side of town, Around the Zoo and Maya Shopping Center. Anyone has experience there? Perhaps a bit close to the Airport/city? Though city proximity is indeed useful so long as the place is quiet and air is clean. i see there are many more hotels there, is it possible to get decent ones (hot water, toilet etc) for 250-350?

The Dome Residence about 200m down Huay Keow Road from Maya.

600bht/night or 6000bht/month if you are prepared to stay 3 months.

Coffee and breakfast shop downstairs.

Within walking distance of the moat, Nimman, KSK and Maya.

Emporium in Santhitham Road (just a bit further away)

500bht/night or 6000bht/month if you stay a minimum of 1 month.

Tesco mini and 7/11 within 100m, beer plaza 500m away.

All have fridge/tv/aircon/balcony/hot shower/toilet

Nothing much below 500bht/night in that area unless you take the monthly plan which reduces them to 200bht/night +utils.

Edited by MaeJoMTB