Income and Expenditure UK Visit Visa

I the part of the form where it asks about income and expenditure, I will be providing full financial support for the visit (Paying for flights, spending money, food and so on)

The person will be staying with me so there is no accommodation costs, So I am assuming that I can put N/A in all of the parts that it asks about money for example the cost of accommodation and the cost of your living expenses. And then explain in the sponsors letter that I am paying for these things.

I am unsure what to put in the last box where it asks What is the total amount in GDP What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£)

She will not be paying anything, I will be. But say the total amount is going to cost £1000 for her stay here would I need to put that into this box?

In my sister-in-law's current application, and that she made a few years ago, on the application form I put in the relevant boxes "See letter."

In my sponsor's letter I wrote:

"Cost and funding of visit.

I will be financing the entire trip, and enclose evidence of my ability to do so.

As she will not be purchasing her ticket until her visa is issued; the figure on the form of 45,000 baht for her fare is an estimate based upon a quote from Etihad.

My wife and I will provide accommodation and food free of charge. Therefore I anticipate that her expenditure whilst in the UK will be minimal."

We are still awaiting the result of this application, but the same information was provided previously and she got the visa on that occasion.

In my sister-in-law's current application, and that she made a few years ago, on the application form I put in the relevant boxes "See letter."

In my sponsor's letter I wrote:

"Cost and funding of visit.

I will be financing the entire trip, and enclose evidence of my ability to do so.

As she will not be purchasing her ticket until her visa is issued; the figure on the form of 45,000 baht for her fare is an estimate based upon a quote from Etihad.

My wife and I will provide accommodation and food free of charge. Therefore I anticipate that her expenditure whilst in the UK will be minimal."

We are still awaiting the result of this application, but the same information was provided previously and she got the visa on that occasion.

Thanks for the reply they seem to have changed the form since the last one that I filled in as it is asking for monthly totals in Pounds for some reason most of the boxs about income would not need to be filled I will cover it in the sponsor's letter it was just the last box I was unsure about where asked about the total.

When I did a visitor visa application for my wife last year I did put a figure in that box and the application was successful so as long as they are satisfied that the funds are available to support the visit i don't believe it matters. The important thing is to make it clear that you are paying for everything and that you have the funds to do so. There is also of course the question of satisfying them that she will return to Thailand at the end of the visit.

• 1 month later...

I'm doing the same thing at the moment and these questions seem a bit confusing.

My wife made a copy of the last one she did for a trip in June last year and in that one all the amounts are quoted in GBP.

Cost to her personally £1853

Total for this trip £3706

Cost of plane ticket £578

Cost o accommodation N/A

Cost of living expenses £3706

Is someone else paying anything for trip. Yes

What is the total cost in GBP 3706

I was there with her when she did this but I've no idea how this was worked out. I assume the amount of £1853 she got from a conversion from THB but I can't remember if it was around the 55 mark at that time which would make it 100,000 THB. We seem to have just doubled the 1853 to get the total but not included the airfare. At the time I would have had a large amount of money in my UK account plus just over 400,000 THB in my Thai one. I'm fairly certain she didn't have 100,000 in her account so she couldn't have provided the 1853 herself but perhaps they just saw that I could provide it myself. It is possible that we moved some to her account to show she was self sufficient.

She's doing one now for a trip in June this year and she has more in her account but I don't have much in mine plus we have her daughter coming as well. I've already paid for the flights and I think she should say she's providing the rest from her account. It doesn't look as if they pay much attention to the separate amounts, at least so long as you appear to have enough to cover it somewhere. I have always tried to show she has enough means of her own so she's not so dependant on me that if anything happened between us she could still survive without help from UK public funds.

I'm sure it will all be fine but it does add to the stress.

It doesn't look as if they pay much attention to the separate amounts, at least so long as you appear to have enough to cover it somewhere

Indeed, all they want to know is that there are sufficient funds available to the applicant to cover the full costs of the visit.

These funds can come from the applicant, the sponsor, a third party or any combination of these; though if a third party they should say why they are doing so.

Whoever is contributing to the cost of the visit must provide evidence that they have the means to do so.

I have always tried to show she has enough means of her own so she's not so dependant on me that if anything happened between us she could still survive without help from UK public funds.

Not something you need concern yourself with; the ECO wont.

To be frank, if the ECO was worried that your relationship was so fragile that you might abandon her once she was in the UK, then she'd probably be refused on relationship grounds!

BTW, despite the minimal answers I gave to these questions, see my post above, my sister in law got her visa and is currently in the UK with us.

Edited by 7by7

As 7by7 says they are not really concerned about how the trip is funded. They are really concerned with only 3 things. That there is a genuine and subsisting relationship, that the trip can be adequately funded in the ways set out by 7by7 and that the applicant will return to Thailand at the end of the trip. Provided the application satisfies these 3 points with appropriate evidence for each part then it will be fine. Quite naturally people get very stressed out over the application process (I know I did) but the ECO is not looking for reasons to reject the application so as long as any doubts are covered in the covering letter it should all be fine.