German tourist jumps on hit-and-run car in Krabi

Thaivisa News

I think the German is superman, one badass dude. I wish they would throw the book at the Thai brat. But I know the drill, daddy will bail him out, community service will never be served, 500 baht fine.

• Like 1

So the German was so incensed by this guy bumping into the rear of a tourist's car he forced the driver to ram three more cars and seven motorcycles! And all so the driver can go to court and get a 500 baht fine. Who will take responsibility for the 10 vehicles damaged that were minding their own business? I'll bet the owners of those vehicles are thinking what a hero that German guy is, or maybe not.

I think the German is superman, one badass dude. I wish they would throw the book at the Thai brat. But I know the drill, daddy will bail him out, community service will never be served, 500 baht fine.

and in the meantime 10 more vehicles get smashed up due to his heroism

• Like 1

Thai teen charged with reckless driving after hit-and-run attempt ends in multi-vehicle smash
Darawan Naknakhon

1425461653_1.jpg
The driver of the White SUV has been charged with reckless driving.

KRABI: -- Two men were injured in a traffic incident in in Krabi yesterday (March 3) involving three cars and seven motorbikes resulting from an unsuccessful hit-and-run attempt by a Thai teenager.

An angry German man, whose Hyundai was rear-ended by a SUV in front of a shopping plaza, reportedly jumped onto the Mitsubishi Pajero, whose Thai driver was allegedly trying to flee the scene.

The driver of the SUV then reportedly swerved and lost control before smashing into parked motorbikes and finally crashing into a second vehicle (pictured).

At midday yesterday, Krabi police inspector, Lt Col Chatchai Narkpaksi, was called to investigate the accident in which two men were injured.

On the side of the road police found the red-plate Pajero and the silver Honda saloon that it had crashed into.

The SUV driver’s side door was open with its airbags activated. There was a small crowd surrounding rescue workers tending to an injured Thai man on lying on the pavement.

Two injured men were identified as the Pajero driver, Mr Kiettiyot Pramownkarn, 19, who suffered a leg injury, and Mr Vitalii Slobodchikov, 37, who drove the Hyundai, and had suffered an arm injury.

Police questioned Kiettiyot and determined that he had crashed his Pajero into the back of the Hyundai before attempting to flee the scene.

When Mr Vitalii got out of the Hyundai and unsuccessfully tried to open the Pajero's door, he jumped on top of the vehicle, police said.

Police said that Kiettiyot did not stop and tried to shake the German man off his car by swerving sharply, before smashing into the other vehicles.

Police took both men to Krabi police station for questioning, but only charged Kiettiyot with reckless driving and causing injury to another person, and released Vitalii.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-teen-charged-with-reckless-driving-after-hit-and-run-attempt-ends-in-multi-vehicle-smash-51247.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-04

So the German was so incensed by this guy bumping into the rear of a tourist's car he forced the driver to ram three more cars and seven motorcycles! And all so the driver can go to court and get a 500 baht fine. Who will take responsibility for the 10 vehicles damaged that were minding their own business? I'll bet the owners of those vehicles are thinking what a hero that German guy is, or maybe not.

"So the German was so incensed by this guy bumping into the rear of a tourist's car............"

As reported earlier in the lead article: "A German tourist jumped on a car driven by 19-year-old Thai who tried to flee after bumping into the rear of the tourist’s car."

The subtle difference is that the car into which the Mitsubishi originally crashed was driven by THE tourist, one Vitalii aka Superman the Krabi hero..

• Like 2

I think the German is wrong. If he not jump on Khun Kiartiyos car he would not hit others. coffee1.gif

Of course he was wrong! Had he not been driving his car the poor teenager (probably no licence) would not have run into the back of his car forcing him to flee as he knows thats the norm.

• Like 1

You seem rather angry today, ratcatcher.

Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

I think it was the prig in the other thread about the German that died in the Fortuna that put his fur up, rightly so

Pathetic

• Like 2

That German with the very Russian name could easily have died. The local 19-year-old should be looking at a prison sentence but his headman will speak for him and he will be released with a small fine.

Do you remember that time in the distant past when there was a happy land called East Germany and it was behind the iron Curtain?

Well, that is probably where the little Vitalii, the German with the very Russian sounding name originated. I expect his parents with the same very Russian name had moved or been stationed there during Soviet days.

There are actually English people in England with very Indian and Arabic sounding names. I believe it's called immigration.

Anyone not of English, Scottish or Welsh descent is classed as British by the government. It's an inclusive catch all so people don't feel excluded, hence there are British Pakistanis, British Indians, British Iraqis, Hong Kong British, etc., etc.,. Yes, I know we're all actually descended from immigrants at some time in history, but more recent immigrants and their descendents receive the British tag. Calling everyone Earthling would simplify things.

At least Britain got that right. Stateside it is African American, Native American, Hispanic American, etc.

Which country produces the most cowards who flee from car accidents? whistling.gif

Yes that is a sad part of life here. Back in the real world, I believe fleeing the scene

of an accident is a automatic felony. I am hoping someday they will do that here

as well. As near as I can tell here, if their engine is still running after the accident ,

every Thai seems to flee the scene . Of course my all time favorite was the guy operating

a train that had a big wreck, and he fled the scene.... All pretty funny stuff, unless

of course you are the guy that is rammed by the Thai guy who then flees....

Pathetic

"in the meantime 10 more vehicles get smashed up due to his heroism" ? Not so. Damages were caused by the 'hit and run' Thai teenage driver.

" Kiettiyot did not stop and tried to shake the German man off his car by swerving sharply, before smashing into the other vehicles."

• Like 1

what's the odds the german will end up with a bill for all the damaged cars and bikes including his own

Zero.

Are you sure... I have known people not responsible for road accidents having to pay for the hospital treatment for those that were. Else no police report for insurance purposes. If the perpetrator cannot pay, they start looking around, and the German guy certainly contributed.

The Thai should be charged with attempted murder since he swerved 3 times to "shake off" the foreigner and probably kill him. Anyway, great going for the German. Cheers. This story reminds me of the Ferrari on Sukhumvit trying to shake off the cop stuck to his windshield in the famous hit and run that just disappeared from the Thai press or any follow up.

Some English really hate Germans.. even though the guy was totally in the right and would have cost him money on the rented car if this guy was not apprehended. Must be that the English got their asses handed to them in WW2 and could only win with help of others. It runs deep that shame that some keep hating the Germans even after all that time.

Says the sad Dutch prick who got liberated by the Brits and also got rolled over by the English on numerous occasions. Have some respect that you still have a country!! Just what is it with the dutch and arrogance anyway? Like you lot have given absolutely zero to the world and yet you waltz around like you actually achieved something.

The 'hatred' for Germans you see here is your misinterpretation of humour and the war you speak of, as I recall, came about when the English stood up to your buddies -- the ONLY ones to do so while you all meekly sat around waiting for someone to do something. I also recall the English single-handedly thrashing the Luftwaffe 3:1 in the Battle of Britain. Yes the Yanks came in years later after all the fighting had been done and there were many other countries involved (though not really yours) because it was a WORLD WAR.

Anyway, totally off-topic, but trust a boorish dutchman to drag it all up. Check your f'kin history next time.

I personally don't mind the Germans (at least they have things they can be proud of, eh robblok) and this guy is bit of a hero. Echoing other posts, the little Thai perp will not do time.