Three European tourists beaten by Pattaya bouncers

webfact

I do not believe in any kind of punishment for gum or tattoos. I think you are being hysterical. However, I would like to encourage young people to see tattoos for what they are: the mark of mediocrity, lack of originality, lack of achievement, low self esteem and often criminality. By all means feel free to tattoo yourself until you are blue in the face but at least understand why it makes you look inadequate and if you are female: hideous.

This is all sounding a bit unfair.

Yes, an old man was injured somehow in scuffle. I believe one of the guys is actually frends with the owner and tried to stop the situation, but guards from everywhere swarmed in as soon as they saw conflict (opportunity).As they do. By that time it's too late to be diffused.

Yes, they were taken to police station but were not arrested, as the reason for being taken to police station I believe was to get information/statements to shut down the gogo and charge the guards, that's the reason obviously they did not give names or cooperate as it says in original article.

And as for the no tattoos in Thailand comments, the streets of pattaya are riddled with tattoo shops for tourists, half the worlds sports stars are covered in ink these days, please,come on, don't judge a book by its cover.

Some I-believe's there... You have a source for any of that? Please, please, I beg you - don't turn out to be another one of the "I-just-have-inside-knowledge" / " 'can't disclose-my-sources" know-nothings.

I do not believe in any kind of punishment for gum or tattoos. I think you are being hysterical. However, I would like to encourage young people to see tattoos for what they are: the mark of mediocrity, lack of originality, lack of achievement, low self esteem and often criminality. By all means feel free to tattoo yourself until you are blue in the face but at least understand why it makes you look inadequate and if you are female: hideous.

And I think you are being intolerant to the point of obsession! Personally I also dislike tattoos intensely, but who are you to decide what other people decide to do to their bodies? "the mark of mediocrity, lack of originality, lack of achievement, low self esteem and often criminality" Really? So the likes of David Beckham (and many others) are mediocre at their particular skill/trade? Achieved nothing? Had/has low self esteem? Had/has criminal tendencies? Bullpoo!

And I think you are being intolerant to the point of obsession! Personally I also dislike tattoos intensely, but who are you to decide what other people decide to do to their bodies? "the mark of mediocrity, lack of originality, lack of achievement, low self esteem and often criminality" Really? So the likes of David Beckham (and many others) are mediocre at their particular skill/trade? Achieved nothing? Had/has low self esteem? Had/has criminal tendencies? Bullpoo!

Beckham is a good example. In the artificial world of Premier League 'footie' he has made his mark. In the real world he is nothing. Unread, borderline illiterate. Inarticulate before special lessons and speech therapy I doubt he will be encouraging his children to tattoo their faces. He frequently covers his up. Look around the world at people with power, authority, influence,....see any facial tattoos? Then visit any prison anywhere in the world. Use some common sense and draw your own conclusions. Oh. I don't 'decide' what other people do to their bodies as has been suggested. Again this is a hysterical conclusion regarding my views. I have a view point but I do not 'control' people who choose to disfigure themselves. Edited by The manic

Beckham is a good example. In the artificial world of Premier League 'footie' he has made his mark. In the real world he is nothing. Unread, borderline illiterate. Inarticulate before special lessons and speech therapy I doubt he will be encouraging his children to tattoo their faces. He frequently covers his up. Look around the world at people with power, authority, influence,....see any facial tattoos? Then visit any prison anywhere in the world. Use some common sense and draw your own conclusions. Oh. I don't 'decide' what other people do to their bodies as has been suggested. Again this is a hysterical conclusion regarding my views. I have a view point but I do not 'control' people who choose to disfigure themselves.

How's this discussion got onto the subject of people tattooing their faces?

Edited by roo860

Beckham is a good example. In the artificial world of Premier League 'footie' he has made his mark. In the real world he is nothing. Unread, borderline illiterate. Inarticulate before special lessons and speech therapy I doubt he will be encouraging his children to tattoo their faces. He frequently covers his up. Look around the world at people with power, authority, influence,....see any facial tattoos? Then visit any prison anywhere in the world. Use some common sense and draw your own conclusions. Oh. I don't 'decide' what other people do to their bodies as has been suggested. Again this is a hysterical conclusion regarding my views. I have a view point but I do not 'control' people who choose to disfigure themselves.

How's this discussion got onto the subject of people tattooing their faces?

It is where the thread started. The people involved in the fracas were reported as having facial tattoos. And facial tattoos, like all tattoos are often an indicator of low self esteem, body image issues, criminality, low educational achievement etc etc.

In reply to The Manic # Post 190:-

Once again, bullpoo! Nothing in the original article about facial tattoos! And " I doubt he will be encouraging his children to tattoo their faces. He frequently covers his up." He has 34 tattoos, none of which are on his face! Bullpoo again!

And "In the real world, he is nothing". Bullpoo again! I am also not an ardent football supporter, but I am sure that 99% of TV posters/readers will agree that in the "real world", football generates an enormous amount of money, from the millions of pounds/$'s on transfer fees, sponsorship deals etc, to the almost incalculable amount of money spent by people going through the turnstiles every week.

And getting back to Beckham, "In the real world he is nothing" :-

Boxers, golfers, racing drivers and basketball players are left trailing in the wake of the global "brand Beckham" that has seen the 38-year-old amass a fortune of £165m – and that is without his wife's bank balance of £35m.

(From The Guardian 28 April 2013)

So I presume that along with your "wealthy friends", your bank balance can match it?

And by "unread" do you mean nobody reads his books, or that he can not read? Wrong on both points!

10 David Beckham:My Side - The Autobiography Beckham, David 517579 6,152,265.55 Sport 37876 150.63

(The figure of 6,152,265.55 is the value in British pounds of the sales)

So, in reality, in "the real world", you have a few questions to answer!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

Please return to the topic and leave David Beckham and other sports personalities out of this topic which is to do with European tourists being beaten by bouncers in Pattaya.. Thank you.

• Like 1

A lot of ignorance and wrong information being spouted on this thread. I know exactly what happened and situation but as I live here I am not at liberty to reveal everything. Suffice to say don't believe what 99% of what is being said about the situation regarding the individuals or the rules and laws being enforced yesterday. Lots of false and inaccurate information.

I do not understand why 'living here' prevents you from revealing the facts........if you do indeed know them.

I think the word here is "poser"... It's lame, but makes some people feel special to claim inside knowledge.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2015 at 12:52 PM, bkkjames said:

for once it paid (me) to read the article linked. seems the bib wanted them to close shop at 12am as per the rules for today's holiday and the manager was having none of it or? not sure how the tourists got beat up - stuck in the middle again... lol

Way I see it is that one has nothing to do with the other. 

As for the guards beating up the 3 errant customers, I wasn't there to say one way or the other on this one, but I've seen farang customers getting a well deserved beating before.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

• 2 months later...