Three European tourists beaten by Pattaya bouncers

webfact

- Why again a tendentious title for this kind of event?

Beaten...? Maybe, but what about the fact they FIRST punched the 71-year old manager ?!

- Other articles on this event, like Bangkok Post, use the word "foreigners", not "Europeans"

and word is that some of them would be in fact Australians...

- the fight, plus selling alcohol on this important religious day, could cost a lot to this agogo

The manager is the only bloke with his name in the article.

Classic. No perpetrators or victims were incriminated in the making of this article.

for once it paid (me) to read the article linked. seems the bib wanted them to close shop at 12am as per the rules for today's holiday and the manager was having none of it or? not sure how the tourists got beat up - stuck in the middle again... lol

Think it might have paid (you) off to read the article twice... lol

The incident had nothing to do with the police wanting to close them down at midnight in observance of Makha Bucha Day, it all occurred around 3:30am.

There was a heated argument, between a group of three tourist and some other customers, that the manager tried to break up.

It's also explained in the article how the tourists got beat up. smile.png

After the fact, the police scolded the club for being open after midnight, which was the announced closing time yesterday.

Someone is going to have the business flattened and the license revoked...... The only way that a business such as this can flout the law is of the law enforcement is corrupt, so making them lose face is not very good.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

This will have no impact on image of Pattaya. One group takes every opp available to slam Pattaya as cesspool, lower than whale spit, etc, and use these incidents to confirm their opinion. The other group who perhaps lives here probably thinks "what would a person expect anywhere with drunks at 3:30 in the morning?" and usually are wise enough not to get into one of those situations. The trouble makers in this case are tourists. You want to ban tourists from a resort town? Yes bar should be closed by that hour, and they should also enforce traffic laws too.

Good for the staff giving those louts a thumping. Assaulting a 71 year man? I do wonder which Euro country they came from... on RnR from volunteer work in Eastern Ukraine perhaps?

• Like 1

"...causing other customers inside the club to flee."

They probably did a runner knowing the police may be on their way, and they should not be there as the bar should not have been open due to a Buddhist Holiday...

using the confusion not to pay the bill, it was a win win for some.

Is Ronald Kingsnorth an alias for Ronnie Kray? If so, these "Europeans" were pushing their luck.

Ronnie Kray died in 1995. Perhaps you are taking reincarnation too seriously . . .

Ronnie is alive and well in Pattaya managing his businesses. Don't say I told you.

The article appears to have been written by someone who wasn't there and who relied on a "police" spokesperson, and perhaps others, to tell what they believe happened.

It is always interesting that readers, who most likely were not there, and who also seem to rely on third hand reports, can arrive at conclusions as to what actually happened.

I can only read the "story" and count myself fortunate for not frequenting venues of this type. Those that choose to patronize such places inherit the risks of being surrounded by people under the influence and perhaps with dubious interests unto themselves.

But as they say, "Up to you Mister".

• Like 1

Is Ronald Kingsnorth an alias for Ronnie Kray? If so, these "Europeans" were pushing their luck.

On the grounds Ronnie passed away in 1995, I doubt it!

This is what has been put out. The truth is known by Pattaya expats.

Well I'm on the bar managers side. A lot of these Eu visitors are a bunch of punks coming over here looking

for a girl and and a fight to show off their manhood to the Thais. Rule No.1 Don't argue with cops, Security, Management.

Rule 2. you are a visitor here your rights are limited. Rule 3. Because you stand out in a crown, maintain a low profile, and at all

times show respect to all........do this and your stay here will be rewarding. Rule 3. Most beers over here are 5-6.5% alcohol, know your level of drinking. And because you are drinking and in a bar, 99% of the time you are in the wrong. Break theses rules, you will soon be in trouble, and

might whine up in jail.

• Like 1

Well I'm on the bar managers side. A lot of these Eu visitors are a bunch of punks coming over here looking

for a girl and and a fight to show off their manhood to the Thais. Rule No.1 Don't argue with cops, Security, Management.

Rule 2. you are a visitor here your rights are limited. Rule 3. Because you stand out in a crown, maintain a low profile, and at all

times show respect to all........do this and your stay here will be rewarding. Rule 3. Most beers over here are 5-6.5% alcohol, know your level of drinking. And because you are drinking and in a bar, 99% of the time you are in the wrong. Break theses rules, you will soon be in trouble, and

might whine up in jail.

"Whine up in jail"? I like that!

I wonder how much it will cost the bar manager to pay off the police when they discover he has no official permission or any appropriate work permits to be working there?

"Conspiracy Theory"! You out there JD?

Who's at fault? If the customers did instigate the initial problem, then they should be expect to leave the club. If they decided to then let-rip, then they deserve a little slap but just a little slap. Does the club not have CCTVs? Spilled milk. Best all concerned lick their lips.