Three European tourists beaten by Pattaya bouncers

webfact

Easy to see how keeping bars open at 3:30 am is a recipe for disaster...every single time. What do people do at that hour? How about just closing and letting people sleep. (not to mention it is a holiday and they were in violation). Midnight sounds about right, for closing the cash register... although I would agree that door should be locked tight by 1am. That is plenty night life....and people are already drunk enough.

Saaatuuuu!!! Amen!! Thanks for the sermon!

Edited by sawati
  • Like 2

I've seen enough drunken idiots at 3am to know that there is some credence to the call for a 2am curfew to be enforced, but I've also seen enough of Pattaya to know it wont happen as long as the BiB are responsible for enforcing it. I've also had some great conversations at that hour (allowing for the alcohol intake of all parties involved) with everyone from bar owners to Norwegian fishermen and not one of those guys has been even remotely threatening. For the insomniacs among us, the ability to go out at midnight or 1am is very welcome, even if its not a pattern I'm keen to repeat on a regular basis. Could I live with a 2am curfew ? Sure. Will it happen because of incidents like this ? I very much doubt it.

• Like 1

The manager is the only bloke with his name in the article.

Classic. No perpetrators or victims were incriminated in the making of this article.

for once it paid (me) to read the article linked. seems the bib wanted them to close shop at 12am as per the rules for today's holiday and the manager was having none of it or? not sure how the tourists got beat up - stuck in the middle again... lol

It is explained fully the way I read it. 3.20am the 3 Europen guys got in argument with other customers and the bouncers tried to show them the door but they obviously did not want to go and argued with the bouncers, the manager came over to try sort it out and one of the Europen guys punched him in the face then the bouncers taut them a lesson. Obviously the police where called and took them all away. It did not sound like the places where supposed to close at midnight just not to serve alcohol. Bet the European guys were either English or German more like English, pissed and in a fighting mood.

But could not have been EASTERN EUROPEAN EH? No Russians etc never misbehave like that, right?

• Like 1

The manager is the only bloke with his name in the article.

Classic. No perpetrators or victims were incriminated in the making of this article.

for once it paid (me) to read the article linked. seems the bib wanted them to close shop at 12am as per the rules for today's holiday and the manager was having none of it or? not sure how the tourists got beat up - stuck in the middle again... lol

It is explained fully the way I read it. 3.20am the 3 Europen guys got in argument with other customers and the bouncers tried to show them the door but they obviously did not want to go and argued with the bouncers, the manager came over to try sort it out and one of the Europen guys punched him in the face then the bouncers taut them a lesson. Obviously the police where called and took them all away. It did not sound like the places where supposed to close at midnight just not to serve alcohol. Bet the European guys were either English or German more like English, pissed and in a fighting mood.

But could not have been EASTERN EUROPEAN EH? No Russians etc never misbehave like that, right?

Our east Euro and Russian friends are at 7,not in exy go go bars.

Easy to see how keeping bars open at 3:30 am is a recipe for disaster...every single time. What do people do at that hour? How about just closing and letting people sleep. (not to mention it is a holiday and they were in violation). Midnight sounds about right, for closing the cash register... although I would agree that door should be locked tight by 1am. That is plenty night life....and people are already drunk enough.

I believe the area is a tourist entertainment area, is it not? I would venture a guess that some of those people were actually on vacation, and that all of those people chose to be out a 3:30am, Buddhist holiday or not. Very apparenlty, the club stayed open, Buddhist holiday or not, to serve that niche customer.

Just suppose, not everyone subscribes to your opinon of a time for "just closing and letting people sleep". As for breaking Thai law, well, TIT.

time zone differences is the main reason i go out when i travel to thailand, major sporting events in the western world means late night viewing in thailand

1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-LbP_epost-4641-1156694606.gif.pagespeed.ce.-w

• Like 1

There was a pic in Khaosod of the 3 heavily tattooed men, one with a mohican, being taken away in a police pick up truck to the monkey house. Didn't state what nationality they were.

0G7CJLh.jpg

4 injured in Central Pattaya Go-Go Bar Fight

fight-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Three patrons and an Australian Bar Manager were injured in an early morning fight which occurred inside of a popular Central Pattaya Go-Go Bar in the early hours of Wednesday.

Police and medics were called to the Showgirls Bar in Soi LK Metro off Soi Diana Inn just before 4am, when the bar was supposed to be closed due to a religious holiday forcing Bars to close at Midnight.

The chaotic scene uncovered 3 foreign patrons, who are members of a Motorbike Club and refused to give Police their names or nationalities. They had facial injuries which were thought to have been sustained as they were forcibly ejected from the Bar by Security Guards, due to an earlier altercation.

The Australian Manager of the bar, Mr. Ronald Kingsnorth aged 71, was also injured as he approached the men and attempted to diffuse the situation.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/174406/4-injured-in-central-pattaya-go-go-bar-fight/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-05

Oh my god what will the tourists reading this think about the behavior of people in Paradise sorry I mean Pattaya

"people in Paradise"

I even saw in some real estate blurb Pattaya being described as exoticgiggle.gif

Plenty of exotic dancing........

You don't want to be taking real estate blurb as absolutely exact you know.

The chaotic scene uncovered 3 foreign patrons, who are members of a Motorbike Club and refused to give Police their names or nationalities. -

none of them look over 50 - I wonder what their visa status is whistling.gif

• Like 1

If you attacked a Club manager in the UK, I don't know about now , but about 15 years ago you'd be battered by the bouncers, now i think they are all licenced , like dogs and televisions

Dogs are licensed ?? ching ching lor??