Map of Road 7 extention and a New East-West link.

Thailand J

I found a map that shows the proposed Road 7 extention all the way to the South,

and also a new East-West link about 9 km South of Thepprasit at Sukhumvit mile marker 157,

just to the South of Ambassador Hotel.

The new roads will help North-South traffic to bypass Pattaya. The Road 7 was poorly planned, dumping

Bangkok traffic in the middle of Pattaya. The poorly managed tunnel construction futher adds to

the chaos before it can be of any help.

It was reported on Bangkok Post construction will begin at the end of 2015 , it will take 2 1/2 years to complete, can't wait.

http://www.doh.go.th/WEB/hwyorg15000/gallary/pattaya-maptaphut%202/%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9C%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A.pdf

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
link to Bangkok Post deleted as per forum rules
  • Like 1

Pretty much old news, it cuts across the back of Huay Yai, east of Chack Ngeao (Chack Nell) and eventually comes out at Ban Chang, it will be classed as motorway #7 till the end. There will be one major offtake that will come out in Ban Amphur, a single straight link, however, this goes through Huay Yai and all the police local mafia there are trying to make this as difficult as possible, which of course can be overcome for the usual, or now - exaggerated fee!

This map may be old news to some but I have been trying to find this proposed route to Ban Chang for a long time. Is this the route that will actually get bid on and built? It looks like the end point in Ban Chang will be right next to the railroad tracks.

• Like 1

This map may be old news to some but I have been trying to find this proposed route to Ban Chang for a long time. Is this the route that will actually get bid on and built? It looks like the end point in Ban Chang will be right next to the railroad tracks.

comes out near to the flyover and the new Toyota garage, and a spur to the beach, could all be a part of the new entry into Utapao airport.

It appears to be the current proposed route in which bidding will be started on this month, or least for what's possible at this stage. The bidding is a several month process. I don't think the detailed plans are completed yet, especially further to the west with the Ban Amphur/Ban Saray intersection to Sukhumvit. I'm sure the actual route will change slightly as the bids go out. The proposed route considerably different from the three other proposed routes published by the Pattaya Progress Association a couple of years ago. Those didn't seem very practical, especially to the south and west of the Mabprachan Reservoir.

I live in Huai Yai near the current proposed entrance and exit point near the proposed toll booths on the route going to Ban Amphur. It's fits with all the new construction going on and recent upgrades of existing roads (widening and paving with cement). It also in line with the large swaths of empty land. The previous proposals would require a lot of condemning and acquisition of a lot of new construction since 2005, which is when I first started hearing of the rumors. The rumors did put the completion in about 2017.

However so far, it appears to be behind of previous scheduled completion dates. Since the central Pattaya underpass project has been started, there seems to been a lot more reported activity on the motorway extension to Map Ta Phut, especially by the Bangkok Post.

Here are some older links if you're interested:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/82350-new-motorway-through-pattaya/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/77979-new-motorway/

http://www.pattayaprogress.org/roads/maprachan-highway.html

Edited by BB1950

Interesting map. A bit different from ones I've seen in the past. Seems like a wasted. Why not just beef up 36/331? I would think that would be much easier to do as there's plenty of land around each for expansion. Oh well...TiT.

It also looks like they will go along the railway track & through Nong Nooch Gardens.

These along with the area's beautiful temples & Silverlakes would become islands inside these motorways with their associated noise & fumes not to mention the inevitable rat-runs that would more than likely evolve through them.

Most progressive countries are widening their railroad tracks & laying new ones most especially in the Asean region.

The 36 should be properly facilitated with widening & flyovers to allow turns against flow & access onto it.

It has a tremendous number of big factories off it & as well as being a natural road link between the docks of Banglamung & Rayong.

It also looks like they will go along the railway track & through Nong Nooch Gardens.

These along with the area's beautiful temples & Silverlakes would become islands inside these motorways with their associated noise & fumes not to mention the inevitable rat-runs that would more than likely evolve through them.

Most progressive countries are widening their railroad tracks & laying new ones most especially in the Asean region.

The 36 should be properly facilitated with widening & flyovers to allow turns against flow & access onto it.

It has a tremendous number of big factories off it & as well as being a natural road link between the docks of Banglamung & Rayong.

Did you even look at any of the proposed maps? None of the proposals were even close to the existing railroad tracks! The proposed motorway only runs close to the railroad tracks in Sattahip. Otherwise the motorway is about 4-5 Kilometers inland from the tracks!

By the time the proposed routes go by Nong Noch gardens the motorway will be on the east side of Highway 331. It won't make the temples at Wat Yansangwararam islands they will be on the west side of the motorway.

The railway road that parallels the railroad tracks ends at Huai Yai Road. I haven't heard of any plans to extend it. It's main purpose was to help relieve the traffic on Sukhumvit through Pattaya. It was ineffective because of the poor implementation of the traffic lights at the major intersections.

Edited by BB1950
  • Like 1

Thank you for the link to the map, BB1950.

I believe the map in the opening post is closer to the one going to bid, it matches the 32km reported

on The Bangkok Post a few days ago , and also matches an artist's drawing appeared on

Pattaya Daily News in July 2014..

My useless opinion:

I think they should have completed this before starting the tunnel work. I am also puzzled how little consideration

is given to the safety of East-West traffic crossing Sukhumvit, making it very dangerous for the motorists travelling to and from the darkside.

Temporary traffic lights are very much needed during construction for safe U-turns and lane changing...

Having to change lane or cut accross Sukhumvit within a short distance is a nightmare that the authority should not subject the public to.

I agree 100%. thumbsup.gif

I didn't make my point properly BB.

I was only referring to section 4 (Bang Saray bypass) from this link http://www.pattayaprogress.org/roads/maprachan-highway.html & should have put that in my post.

I couldn't open the DOH link initially but I now see that it's not seemingly proposed anyway.

Did you even look at any of the proposed maps? None of the proposals were even close to the existing railroad tracks! The proposed motorway only runs close to the railroad tracks in Sattahip. Otherwise the motorway is about 4-5 Kilometers inland from the tracks!

By the time the proposed routes go by Nong Noch gardens the motorway will be on the east side of Highway 331. It won't make the temples at Wat Yansangwararam islands they will be on the west side of the motorway.

The railway road that parallels the railroad tracks ends at Huai Yai Road. I haven't heard of any plans to extend it. It's main purpose was to help relieve the traffic on Sukhumvit through Pattaya. It was ineffective because of the poor implementation of the traffic lights at the major intersections.

Thank you for the link to the map, BB1950.

I believe the map in the opening post is closer to the one going to bid, it matches the 32km reported

on The Bangkok Post a few days ago , and also matches an artist's drawing appeared on

Pattaya Daily News in July 2014..

My useless opinion:

I think they should have completed this before starting the tunnel work. I am also puzzled how little consideration

is given to the safety of East-West traffic crossing Sukhumvit, making it very dangerous for the motorists travelling to and from the darkside.

Temporary traffic lights are very much needed during construction for safe U-turns and lane changing...

Having to change lane or cut accross Sukhumvit within a short distance is a nightmare that the authority should not subject the public to.

I agree 100%. thumbsup.gif

Maybe in a western "nanny state" but here in Thailand............cheesy.gif

Also I never had any issues before crossing to the darkside - yes now it is a bit of a pain and takes longer but I think that is normally true whenever there are major road works.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I do a bit of enduro riding and they have started work on most locations in the map last few months.....think it's a pretty stupid idea as they should have built an overhead all the way through pattaya...gonna mess up a nice area in marpachan as well ....that &lt;deleted&gt; tunnel must be the most retarded design ever !!!...they are already doubling up the 331 so could have used that for industrial traffic...I am really getting so sick of the mess that is pattaya ?

Edited by William Osborne

I do a bit of enduro riding and they have started work on most locations in the map last few months.....think it's a pretty stupid idea as they should have built an overhead all the way through pattaya...gonna mess up a nice area in marpachan as well ....that <deleted> tunnel must be the most retarded design ever !!!...they are already doubling up the 331 so could have used that for industrial traffic...I am really getting so sick of the mess that is pattaya ?

Can you point me to some places where the work on the 7 extension has started? I have only seen one place yet and it is here.

On the road out of Hue Yai going east before the 331.

On the Phoenix Road going East after Chack Neow but before the 331

On the back road from Hue Yai to the Phoenix road a small village has sprung up for the workers, this part will be the spur across to Ocean Marina

Land has been cleared at all points and there is batching plants, pre cast concrete facilities, offices, rows of new pick up trucks and new construction equipment.

On the back road from Hue Yai to the Phoenix road a small village has sprung up for the workers, this part will be the spur across to Ocean Marina

Land has been cleared at all points and there is batching plants, pre cast concrete facilities, offices, rows of new pick up trucks and new construction equipment.

Thanks.

Can you mark up a screen grab of google earth to put these points in context for the geographically (and spatially) challenged?

Can you mark up a screen grab of google earth to put these points in context for the geographically (and spatially) challenged?

I can do but it will be tomorrow. smile.png

Not shown on original map but they are also building a road from the 331 up near the 36 intersection cutting across behind the polo club...not sure what the hell they are trying to achieve as most traffic is pattaya bound anyway...now will have more congestion on siam CC & soi nern which are already disaster zones ....at least before you could head out eastwards and get a bit of peace....pattaya turning into a complete mess..just going to foodland on the scooter turning into a major outing now...??

• Like 1

Not sure if this is related but on the Siam Country Road on the southern side of the reservoir they have started some major roadworks (and it's not part of the sewer pipe upgrades that have been going on all over the Darkside this past year). This is near that huge open plot of land at the southern berm entrance that was graded a year or so ago. I was told a major road widening project was in the works and that maybe a large shopping complex was going in.

That is all part of the new motorway works, a bridge will be built there for the intersection, plus road widening and straightening for the existing road I believe.

Not sure if this is related but on the Siam Country Road on the southern side of the reservoir they have started some major roadworks (and it's not part of the sewer pipe upgrades that have been going on all over the Darkside this past year). This is near that huge open plot of land at the southern berm entrance that was graded a year or so ago. I was told a major road widening project was in the works and that maybe a large shopping complex was going in.

Edited by jimbo58

How about final work on the 331 widening project? Have been in US since mid-March. Is it done yet? Looks like they have committed a lot of resources to the 7 project.

The new carriageway is paved pretty much the whole lenght. The bridge over the rail road 1 km north of the intersection with 332 is not built yet. The intersection with 36 is not upgraded to accommodate the new carriageway. Traffic is not directed on to the new carriageway but you can drive on it.

What the map does not tell us is where the entry/exit points are.

Before the retards jump on this, yes we know there will defiantly be exits at the ends of the road.tongue.pngwhistling.gif

Edited by Oink

What the map does not tell us is where the entry/exit points are.

Before the retards jump on this, yes we know there will defiantly be exits at the ends of the road.tongue.pngwhistling.gif

Since it is primarily a bypass, I reckon that there will be few entry/exits beyond their intersection and where the new blue roads meet existing major roads. There will be feeders on each side with on/off ramps but they won't be at every location where a rural road meets the new roads. Pretty much the same as Highway 7, 36, 331, etc..