Map of Road 7 extention and a New East-West link.

Thailand J

14 hours ago, johng said:

I had a look on Google satellite view and there seems to be still 2 or 3 (maybe more) sections where they haven't been able to "appropriate" the land yet the road just suddenly stops then starts again the other side.

I don't think Earth is up to date to show the area as it is today.

• 7 months later...

Anybody have any updates for this topic? I cannot seem to get any info on the status of the toll booth construction on the new section of the route to Ban Chang. I am sure this is what is needed for that link to open next year. Everything else seems to be done.

I drove over it yesterday, they have now installed what looks like High Bay Sodium lights along the central reservation and overpasses, wont be long now I think :smile:

• 11 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this if there is already another thread on this subject.  I searched and found none.   Long time reader, just registered.   Lived and worked in Rayong the past 7 years and just moved to a condo in Na Jomtien, so this topic is of great interest to me.  The new highway has changed my life.

At the southern terminus where the highway dumps out onto Sukhumvit, there is a very long, very expensive-looking overpass that continues on straight over Sukhumvit paralleling the railway tracks.  There are jersey barriers blocking it on the highway itself.  Has anyone heard any news of when this extension might be continued?  I asked an ex-girlfriend I'm still friendly with who is fairly connected in Map Ta Phut, and she hasn't heard anything.

I did some reconnaissance (off road) and found that the bridge just ends on a dirt ramp, so it has a ways to go before it can reach into Map Ta Phut, which I understand is the final goal of the project.   This would make my commute about 20 minutes instead of 30-40...   of course it was 1hr+ before, so I really can't complain at all  :D :D

Map showing where this is, and in up-close detail.  Red circle is approximate location of this photo:

lX-ss0TWKuuIXnY2IhFNTkFAHYYxp1UH2hSepxNMRZsBVUbh2hhHRzehFjd3cDsL3crDIZd4BJvDyKxEvsRCjBeozLxdbhocFzaL04Ue60REO6S6NyFiWn_l_RPF05hoE_idzRFl4kL7pZ0-hIhPfRhcq4JVPY4igtt9Ij6QsXA27GkCojR3dZy2c3nfFycqerEvfL884OehCPCHXDPWZ9pIBwuS1XuEAbLE5gv-hDXn0bjbTQahUKygtKHyW-UVIdqjVl71hGKw5VHNOXLKn5JMEChXEytjLLsXw4ipIj3FQ2m9-AGM5BjNRHTSnc2QotYmYVkzKD-4cgn4fqcN8WeH2R4G_cYsoNg4WIkc0ln8ipsljVUAWaLyfoAIittYcDITZHwn2B44nKBNxf--g5Auu5Eb5nedg38E4SUy30BVaxbow8HUopAt8DCcm0U7gAP-wvKD8_ES-QVQZeTnACk4Ib_QKQVx6Zy2PHXIm0LdqLRkUwC7ySDEIbaOawNOpImHHVaRfNxR1TsaL3etVIj6RZWFdkVM6xEDaI5_9SeriFUy4MZbzWaeq2AUoPGAAdwlpY3HvLCxTHW8ERbx8V9Zy6rhIMZVKDjrf1e1fDpfXGq-dYPvkX1SPQfqHO9EgOkju43WVkEhzH4QafAMBebyyvpkKJLrX7Sn1w_LZXH5JP-LqNg9kdVaqBbU9g=w1236-h927-no?authuser=0

image.png.085a0d538252afab879ef41e6e1930e4.png

image.png.2808ceffdc2a2e6891edab827861f4b7.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 4:35 PM, LennyW said:

It is approximately a 3 year project the next phase. 

It is planned to follow the railway tracks to Mapthaput.

Cheers for that LennyW!   So my theory is correct then...  We waited ~5 years for the first section, what's another 3 ????

I'll periodically drive by this area, it's on my way home each day.  If I see changes I'll update here.