Map of Road 7 extention and a New East-West link.

Thailand J

On 8/17/2016 at 7:55 AM, craigt3365 said:

I'm afraid shoving that much traffic onto Sukhumvit near Ocean Marina is going to cause a huge mess.  They desperately need to add turn lanes and more lights.  It's terrible now.  Can't imagine what it will be after this opens.

I don't think "that much traffic" will be exiting Highway 7 at that junction and if even half the traffic carries on south to Rayong, it will be lot easier in and around Sukhumvit @ Pattaya. Those investing in the Bang Saray condo dream should be alright for about another 5-8 years before it all clogs up again.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I don't think "that much traffic" will be exiting Highway 7 at that junction and if even half the traffic carries on south to Rayong, it will be lot easier in and around Sukhumvit @ Pattaya. Those investing in the Bang Saray condo dream should be alright for about another 5-8 years before it all clogs up again.

Have you seen the traffic on Huay Yai during the weekends?  That stretch between the Floating Market and about the new water park is almost a parking lot on busy weekends! Terrible. LOL

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Have you seen the traffic on Huay Yai during the weekends?  That stretch between the Floating Market and about the new water park is almost a parking lot on busy weekends! Terrible. LOL

Yes, that's because the Highway 7 bypass to Rayong hasn't been completed yet so your boaties, water parkers and navy beach goers have to sit in the traffic with stuff that is headed further south and east.

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

It might be possible to use it to bypass Thepprasit and South Pattaya traffic to get into Central Pattaya, but on weekends the queues at the Hwy7/Sukhumvit intersection is pretty bad too

Like about an hour ago... as I was leaving Pattaya for the dark side. Inbound was gridlock from well before the railway track flyover. I shot into Central before 11 AM this morning and remarked at how quiet it was for a long holiday weekend. Seems like they are all arriving RIGHT NOW!

There is rather a large pothole at the northern end of the extension. About 20M deep and 200M long & 60M wide. The groundworks are ongoing either side of it. Then they just stop just short.

Google Earth.JPG

Pothole Plus.jpg

Roads End.jpg

Edited by Oink

9 hours ago, Oink said:

There is rather a large pothole at the northern end of the extension. About 20M deep and 200M long & 60M wide. The groundworks are ongoing either side of it. Then they just stop just short.

What about the garbage dump just south of that pot hole?

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:12 AM, NightRider70 said:

What about the garbage dump just south of that pot hole?

The plastic bottle recycling  area is still in use but the big pit to the south has been filled in.

Boca, if you mean the one for both Bangkok and Pattaya at the Shell petrol station on 36, then this is now open again, as I used it yesterday to go to Bangkok.

It was closed to resurface the concrete on the bit as it swings right towards 7 and Bangkok, not really sure why they closed the junction at 36 for the Pattaya bound traffic, as the repairs are after this, probably coz it was easier to block all rather than have signs that most would ignore!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey what happened to the updates on the road progress? I have been laid up in the hospital for a bit and I am interested to see what is new along the highway route.

I live on the south end close to the entry/exit point to Sukhumvit in Ban Chang and the last progress there was very positive as was the construction of the overpass and roadway at highway 331 area .

Be nice to see a more thorough report with some new pics.

On 10/30/2016 at 6:14 AM, Boca said:

If you're coming towards Pattaya on the 36, the exit to the 7 has been blocked off for about a week now. Anyone know is that related and when it will be open again?

Northbound lanes all closed for a total rebuild. Looks like a big job then they will do the same for the southbound lanes as they are totally wrecked already by the contra-flow.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea of a revised completion date?  They are moving quickly everywhere I see.  i think they are only a month away from starting roadbed and paving in many areas. SSCC overpasses proceeding. Still mid-2018?

At the beginning of 7, a KM or two from Suk, there are some massive overpasses. What will they connect to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like the Ban Amphur extension will end in a T.  I thought it was to end in a flyover for  Suk northbound. I assume they will put up a light to reduce cross-traffic T-bone crashes, or maybe make all Suk northbound traffic use one of the U turns, similar to Jomtien 2 Road-Suk intersection.

In any event, since construction started just a year ago, I am pretty amazed with progress.  Biggest delay I can see is the elevated section above SSCC where the columns were just getting finished a month or so ago.

26 minutes ago, AdrianBerry said:

A mate of mine who does drone photography has recently done a video of new extension - you can really get a sense of all the work that is involved with the run past lake Map Phrachan.  I can see why it will take at least another two years!

This was nicely done and very informatve. ANy chance you can do one of the south end at Ban Chang? 

Please keep up the good work.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I like this post and the architect view. Where did you get this and are more views available?

I question if the reliability of these "underpass architect views ", if superimposed on the actual location as seen via Google Earth, the Ocean Marina will have to give up a lot of land to accommodate them 

Marina.png.44b1c1d99442a030f9d528af6d715803.png 

I snipped the picture from a youtube video which I cannot locate at this moment.

It is the junction at the south end near Ban Chang, not the junction near Ocean Marina.

Here is another youtube video showing the same junction :

• Like 1