Map of Road 7 extention and a New East-West link.

Thailand J

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

I question if the reliability of these "underpass architect views ", if superimposed on the actual location as seen via Google Earth, the Ocean Marina will have to give up a lot of land to accommodate them 

i think this the Utapao end, you can see in this google map link the buildings are the same as in the superimposed photo

google map link 

Edit: i see Thailand J has answered the query!

Edited by taichiplanet

2 hours ago, Thailand J said:

South end will have an underpass like this:

18057720_10158563078535331_4948393309909

This looks more like the Ban Chang (South) end for sure. Not sure how the Sukhumvit junction at Ban Amphur will terminate, it is a smaller road, it is not the Motorway as such, just a link road from the Motorway to Ban Amphur.

Edited by LennyW

On 26/04/2017 at 11:05 AM, longball53098 said:

This was nicely done and very informatve. ANy chance you can do one of the south end at Ban Chang? 

Please keep up the good work.

Not my work... this is from pattaya droner (Bryan).

It is only a couple of weeks old so I imagine Part 2 is not too far away.

3 hours ago, Thailand J said:

I snipped the picture from a youtube video which I cannot locate at this moment.

It is the junction at the south end near Ban Chang, not the junction near Ocean Marina.

Here is another youtube video showing the same junction :

That can't be the Banchang end because it clearly shows the earthworks continuing from both directions, and the junction looks like the one for the spur towards Ocean marina.  Lenny's post show what the Banchang terminal with Sukhumvit will look like, there's no sign of Sukhumvit on this video.

1 minute ago, Eff1n2ret said:

That can't be the Banchang end because it clearly shows the earthworks continuing from both directions, and the junction looks like the one for the spur towards Ocean marina.  Lenny's post show what the Banchang terminal with Sukhumvit will look like, there's no sign of Sukhumvit on this video.

That is the start of the link road from the new construction motorway looking towards Ban Amphur, see the condos in the background.

Sorry the youtube video in post ID90 is indeed the East-West link at the new Route 7. The underpass/tunnel will be here, at where currently Sukhumvit meets Tessaban 2 (also known as Tanon Pla) , near UTapau airport:18118444_10158564267815331_8838552352108

Edited by Thailand J

34 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

Sorry the youtube video in post ID90 is indeed the East-West link at the new Route 7. The underpass/tunnel will be here, at where currently Sukhumvit meets Tessaban 2 (also known as Tanon Pla) , near UTapau airport:18118444_10158564267815331_8838552352108

This exit is where you say, but it is not so near U Tapau, not to the actual entrance to the airport anyway. The 331 upgrade all the way to Kilo Sip was to provide easier access to the airport. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I live across the road, I am happy for them to delay tearing up the road and disrupting things for a year or two after they "finish" construction (al la Pattaya tunnel).  It will take them another 6 months just to get rid of the cables.

If you live across from the Bahn amphur junction

I dont think they will need to do too much work marrying the new road to Sukhumvit

Look at the photo it seems they will just allow traffic to curve off

to the left while entering or exiting southbound from or onto Sukhumvit,for northbound traffic I see they have started widening the road so maybe a U turn or set of traffic lights....dont think they are planning an elevated entry/exit....but could be wrong.

yesterday the PEA where out along that stretch moving the poles and clearing overgrowth...they can make good progress when they try.

Agreed.  I do think that they will have to put in a set of lights to allow safe transit across the road and (I trust) move the u-turn further north... that will be a little messy for all the cabling that will cross the road. 

It is not PEA that I worry about - it is all the other cowboy communication contractors that erect the hundreds of fibre-optic cables willy-nilly everywhere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/28/2016 at 6:21 PM, Rimmer said:

On the road out of Hue Yai going east before the 331.

On the Phoenix Road going East after Chack Neow but before the 331

On the back road from Hue Yai to the Phoenix road a small village has sprung up for the workers, this part will be the spur across to Ocean Marina

Land has been cleared at all points and there is batching plants, pre cast concrete facilities, offices, rows of new pick up trucks and new construction equipment.

A lot of progress for 15 months. Any guess on opening as far as Ban Amphur? I am pretty impressed with progress so far. Plus they want to collect tolls!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I looked on Google this afternoon and the Satellite image doesn't show the spur road that connects to sukhumvit at the yacht club is not up to date...later I drove past and the road is almost joined to sukhumvit now on the southern carriageway...I'm not sure what they have planed for the northern carriageway to link up but they have widened sukhumvit road on that area both ways by 1 lane each.

Here is the latest photo from the Ban Amphur exit... they have nearly completed the roadways but the bridges over the railway are going rather slowly - don't expect them to be open any time soon.  They have just started on the actual intersection work after completing the lane widening efforts.

The green blob is the new service centre (restaurants, service stations).

IMG_20180605_080836.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, johng said:

I looked on Google this afternoon and the Satellite image doesn't show the spur road that connects to sukhumvit at the yacht club is not up to date...later I drove past and the road is almost joined to sukhumvit now on the southern carriageway...I'm not sure what they have planed for the northern carriageway to link up but they have widened sukhumvit road on that area both ways by 1 lane each.

Google Earth the program is more up to date than Google Map on the web

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The flyover on the 1096 HueYai to the 331 road is now finished and in use in both directions, drove  over it yesterday. 

Great view of the N/S motorway in both directions from the top :smile:

Flyover.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

The flyover on the 1096 HueYai to the 331 road is now finished and in use in both directions, drove  over it yesterday. 

Great view of the N/S motorway in both directions from the top :smile:

Flyover.jpg

That's good news, hopefully the 332 where I live should have less traffic, I might be able to get out on the bike more often.