Thailand Jails British Teen For Life

george

Well, 12 hours later, he is in a place where the rules seem to come from another planet.

And talking of places, he should thank his lucky stars that he wasn't caught and sentenced in China, else by now his kidneys would be on their way to Saudi Arabia in an ice box.

:o

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone here please explain how bad and dangerous "ecstasies" are ?

And when comparing to alcohol, what difference does it make?

Its easy to see what the difference is between the two.

On a saturday night go and stand out side a dance club and watch everyone come out. You'll see everyone happy and laughing and saying what a brilliant night they've had and watch everyone disperse without one single fight or trouble. Ecstasy.

Walk to into the city centre and watch revellers come out of pop clubs. You'll see mass brawls, fighting with the police, Windows being smashed. Cars getting kicked in. Alcohol.

Thats the difference between the two.

now here's another mis-guided youth

As the fat lady said to me - there’s no free lunch and this insidious drug known as Ecstasy is not harmless

It is made in kitchen labs and the ingredients are sometimes whatever is around to act as fillers -

To bulk it up

The primary effect of E is that is forces the brain to release serotonin - the body’s own pleasure drug

This is why everyone after a rage party is in such a loving mood

However a day or 2 later this love drug turns positively evil – and takes the user down a few notches below normal – it also creates neurotic behaviour.and this has a long-term effect

The human body begins to compensate for this and so the regular user doesn’t get as high on one and so ups the anti – producing an even higher neurotic state the next day

In addition to these changes in serotonin sites, scientists have found that ecstasy injures serotonin neurons. These neurons don't grow back in the normal fashion and might not grow back in the right location.

Play around with drugs like this for a few years and see what happens -

Everyone has their poison and their vices – however grog has been with us for thousands of years and we can judge its effects on the body and society-

right or wrong this is what we have

E’s however are new and so we can only base our views on current research – lets wait and see if a US presidential candidate says one day – yes I tried an E but I didn’t swallow

one less druggie off the streets with his bag of tricks

.Just imagine if you get caught with a soft drugs,you will be in jail in Thailand for 22 yrs.but in Holland when you kill somebody your probably stay in jail for a few years or something.It is a big different.

No actually mate. In Thailand, if you shoot a policeman in the middle of a crowded nightclub, you get off with a 1000 baht fine.

He should have read a few books before embarking o his

suicide trip, like 'Forget You Have A Daughter'.

Perhaps this would of had an impact on his decision.

Noodles, I think the guy has reading difficulties so that might have posed a problem.

Mind you, when I read 'Forget you had a daughter' a couple of weeks ago, I suddenly realised that reading difficulties could sometimes be a blessing.

I haven't contibuted much to this forum, but I feel compelled to reply to this one. Most of the people here obviously know very little about drugs, their history and their usage in all walks of society. Drugs have been an integral part of all humanity since the very bith of time, we would not be the most 'advanced species on the planet' if it wasn't for them. Some of the greatest thinkers of all time were all habitual drug users, IBM encouraged their developers to induce themselves with LSD before commencing work to name a recent incident. Anyway, I am one not to condone what is right or wrong. Thailand does indeed have it's own laws and I for one obey by them, as most others here do. But education here is surely the key to all of this. I understand concerned parents worrying about their children coming into contact with drugs, with sex, with the wrong kinds etc...but surely if you educate your children appropriately, and I am not talking about academic education, I am talking about the way you raise them. Then surely you have nothing to worry about. Drugs are not dangerous, nor are they harmful if used appropriately. Most of you drink tea, coffee, alcohol, smoke tobacco? If these were banned substances would you all shout 'kill 'em, hang 'em' if someone was caught smuggling tealeaves into Thailand when the Thai government had declared them illegal? Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating drug use, I am not saying drugs are ok. I agree, certain drugs can be dangerous when placed in the wrong hands. Education is the key.

The other thing that kind of gets me, is surely you can see the last 2 guys to be busted are certainly scapegoats. Thai weed, Ecstacy, Yaa Bah et al are all exceptional revenue generators. This kind of thing has been going on for years! Every now and again some poorly educated mule (preferably farang) is given up as an offering. Everyone is happy. The amounts these two were carrying were peanuts, not even into the millions. Drugs are ferried, shipped, flown around the world in the millions of dollars worth without hiccup or hitch. Does the government know about these? Of course they do, they are on the payroll.

As I have said, I do not wish to appear an advocate, I would simply like to stop these ridiculous comments that encourage trolling.

Look at the bigger picture people. Let's not focus on a couple of poor, uneducated, unfortunate fellows and start talking about the bigger issues.

Anyone for a few whiskeys, don't worry, I'll give you a lift home after, no problems!!

Good Post Filch, Most of the Guys that are Crying out to let this Guy Hang or Let him Rot, will tomorrow morning be waking up with a slight hangover from thier Drug of Choice and be coughing up black tar from thier polluted lungs from another drug of choice..............

YES, i know not illegal in Thailand and Most other countries, WHY? Because hey make too much money out of thier drugs to ever ban them, and they dont want anybody cutting in with any other drugs.

Drugs is big business, Alcohol and Tobbaco by far the most dangerous and widely used.....But what the <deleted>, you just open another bottle of Chang, light up another smoke and hope that a 19 year old Boy Rots in jail, its a joke.

Dont ever blow smoke in my face or stagger into me when you are under the influence of your drugs :o

These are the same People that will get in a car pissed or ride a motorcycle pissed, and tell the forum all about it.

Michael, you plonker. There but for the grace of god go i.

It doesn't make any sense to me (drugs being illegal while cigarettes and alcohol are not), if governments think that they should make illegal of any substances that are harmful to their citizens' bodies.

MeeMiaThai, the reason that Alcohol and Tobacco are not banned is simple, MONEY, to the tune of hundreds of billions of $'s a year worldwide is put into government coffers by way of Taxation on these Drugs, Yes people know that smoking Kills people, Smokers endanger the health of thier children whilst smoking in the same Home, and everybody knows what a nuisance pissheads are.

Number 1 factor in a vast majorityof assaults and domestic Violence, Vandalism, road deaths is Alcohol, apparently Alcohol Abuse costs the UK Tax payer 20 Billion pounds a year, plus the deaths on the road, the people that have been Glassed by some pisshead in a pub, the wives that are beaten, the Kids that suffer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it never ends.

Thing is, they make much more in the Tax than they spend, and if they did ban it, criminal gangs would produce Alcohol, as in Prohibition days in the USA. Young kids don't really want to stagger and stumble through life in a alcohol induced state like the older generation do, but goverments control the drug trade, they tell you what drugs you can take, and surprise surprise, its the ones they tax.

Yes it's not right, but it will always be that way.

In Singapore you will get the Mandatory Death sentence for anything over 500gms of Marijuana, its a natural plant. Yet you can buy and consume as much Alcohol as you like. Makes sense? :o

You see I show compassion. I  feel that everyone deserves a second chance.

Iwonder how much compassion you would show towards a person who sold drugs to someone close to you and that person died? Drugs are not harmless and selling drugs is not a victemless crime. Im tired of listening to bleeding hearts saying that so and so is not responsible for becoming a criminal because of the way that person was raised.

Im sorry judge, I did what I did because:

1) mommy didn't hug me enough as a child

2) mommy and daddy didn't buy me a tricycle

3) I was picked on at school because ears were too big

4) blah, blah blah, blah blah blah. A nd on and on and on

I don't want to go into a long rant about this but luckily, there are far more responsible adults out there who grew up under adverse conditions who obey the law and lead a clean and productive life. Here's a novel idea, discipline your chldren and teach them right from wrong. Don't try to be a buddy or pal to your children, be a parent. Be interested in and keep abreast of what's going on in your childrens lives. Teach your children to make good decisions and that there are consequences when they make bad ones. Im sorry my goal of keeping this short failed. You see, my mother never breast fed me and I suffer from deep psychological trauma. :o

How about this one, if i produced a drug that is mind altering, expensive, can affect people in various ways, from laughter to incredible violence, is addictive and will be responsible for 100,000's of deaths worldwide each year, directly or indirectly, what would you think my fate should be?

Hang Him? Let him rot?

I would be an Alcohol producer, legal, taxed, accepted. Drugs are drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco are responsible for 97% of all Drug Related deaths. How can you people support such drugs, yet want Big ears to hang?