Garden pond

BLACKJACK2

I have dug a small fishing pond in my garden and i'm on stocking it. Does anyone know were i can buy fish of about 2 or 3kg to put in. Maybe a pond that lets you take them out for a fee. Looking for Mekongs, Redtails, Siamese carp, about 20 or 30 fish. I live in Kanchanaburi so for transportation Bangkok would as far as i could go

you need to go to ratchaburi mate. there is meant to be a great fish market there, somewhere near the river i believe, that sells all those fish you mention, plus more

please report back if you do go, as i am going to drive up from hua hin soon to stock our fish pond with koi

If you mean Fish village at Ban Pong i go regular but they don't have much of a selection of what i'm looking for. If its Koi or aquarium fish i'm sure you'll find what you want.

is ban pong in ratchaburi, and near to the river?

i have never been, but i am sure someone told me that was where all the fishing parks go to etc, to buy stock for their ponds....... cahor, redtails, arapaima etc

post-109118-0-87631500-1425834052_thumb.

post-109118-0-78827600-1425834110_thumb.

Just bought this little beauty there, 2 x Tiger Redtails and 2 x Alligator gar but you could not stock a pond from there unless you only wanted Koi.

If you find the location of somewhere else around Ratchaburi i'd be interested.

Go to JJ market its open everyday.I bought from a shop,in fact there are 3 shops,that sells siamese carps,chao phraya catfish,arapamai,mekongs,redtails etc. anything if they dont have in stock you could order.I.bought quite a few from these shops.Tried to find namecards if I find them I will pm you.It sound mocking but these shops are near the toilet of aquarium section.Best walk around and am sure you could recognise the fishes

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got a quote from fish village ban pong if anybody is still interested.

10 kg redtail 6,500.

20 kg Mekong 2,000.

10kg Siamese carp 3,500.

4kg Julian's carp 500.

5kg araipima 1,500. 30kg 18,000.

10kg sting ray 7,500.

1kg pacu 250.

10kg Asian redtail 3,500.

2kg snake head 1,200.

10kg alligator gar 4,500.

Quotes for smaller fish at around 10cm in size ranged from 100 - 300 baht.

I have never baught fish in Thailand before does this sound about right?

They can also deliver for a cost depending on size of truck need.

This was for single fish so I assume a discount can be obtained for higher volumes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived