Double Glazed Windows Needed

chiang mai

Thanks for the feedback thus far:

It may help others to know that many aluminum window door frames can be recessed to accept a double glazed unit, I've been this route before in CM Muang previously and as a concept it worked well. Where it fell down was my choice of glass suppliers, Thai Ashai glass is the only game in town.city/province/country when it comes to double glazed units.

I may yet go the above route again, I'm hoping for other options however.

The curtain shop in Hang Dong Road, basically on the corner with Mahadol Road (opposite Airport Plaza) can organize both double glazed and or laminated black aluminium framed windows and doors. They are not cheap, but the ones I bought are of good quality and work well.

• Like 2

When I had my house done a few years back I just bought the upvc ones from Global House, they were double glazed and Chinese.

You just had to check them as some were a bit dodgy, the good ones were fine and cut done noise significantly.

Same here. But I don't think they have them anymore. I really like them. Cut the noise and heat. The problem with the Thai-made ones is that for my house, the Chinese windows cost around 100,000 baht. The same windows made here, and I checked with all the companies I could find (including Windsor), cost 500-600,000 baht! Are they better quality? I don't know, but I simply couldn't afford to throw down an extra half million.

If I had it to do again, I order them directly from China. No way would I pay for the Thai version.

I put in four sectional garage doors all with remote openers. The price for this in Thailand? 500,000 baht. I was shocked at this outrage so started investigating China (the Thai doors are imported from China, too). I got a high quality set of doors with remote openers from China for 50,000 baht and am completely satisfied! I also bought galvanized and powder coated welded wire fencing from China for half what I would have paid here. Again, high quality and totally satisfied!

I don't know what it is with certain Thai vendors of the higher end products. it seems they think they need to have 200-300% profit. Not from me. There are always other ways, if you are not too risk averse.

How do you go about ordering large things like this from outside Thailand? Perhaps you could post the urls of some shops in China you were happy with also?

• 3 years later...

Hi All,

In the search for similar windows in Chiang Mai  myself.  The only type they had at Global was some with ugly metal bars on them.

Will visit the Curtain shop on the corner of Mahidol Rd today and see what they have to say. 

Has anyone else had any luck finding a contractor in town that can source and install these windows?  I'm looking at a smaller job 5-10 windows on the road facing side of the house

Thank you

SM

We are currently dealing with Thaiconch as mentioned by mcm991 above, they are located on the middle ring road https://goo.gl/maps/shdpjXoSfVv they have REHAU a very good German brand, the lady, Khun Oe has been very good so far and speaks reasonably good English, they have many options.

It is certainly not cheap though, but it is certainly true, you get what you pay for!

3 hours ago, scotty4243 said:

We are currently dealing with Thaiconch as mentioned by mcm991 above, they are located on the middle ring road https://goo.gl/maps/shdpjXoSfVv they have REHAU a very good German brand, the lady, Khun Oe has been very good so far and speaks reasonably good English, they have many options.

It is certainly not cheap though, but it is certainly true, you get what you pay for! 

Thank you for link - Their website was hacked and there's no contact details online anymore. I spoke to them on the phone, the lady seemed very nice and quoted some decent sounding prices. They apparently have 2 brands, German and Chinese windows.

Curtain Shop - Khun Win has a separate company called 'Mr Window'.  Speaks good english, came the very next day and took measurements and did a quote within hours.  Very impressed with service and communication so far.

http://misterwindow.co.th/contact

SM