BANGKOK 25 April 2019 14:58
Sign in to follow this  
Neeranam

Are You An Alcoholic?

:D I was rated with Oliver Reed. :o Again!

I was rated "Ozzie Osbourne"

However, the calculations are well out!

The calculator assumes an average price for a pint of beer is 2 pounds 50. I can't remember ever paying two and a half quid for a pint. My first pint cost one shilling and five pence (7 pence in new money) and my current pints are costing me between 30 pence and 70 pence depending where I drink.

I was rated as Boris Yeltsin! But I'm sure I'm prettier!! I was Ozzie the last time.

Hey, I'm made up I scored a big fat 20!! that's the first time I've EVER got 100% in any test. Its really boosted my confiedence!! :o

Hey, I'm made up I scored a big fat 20!! that's the first time I've EVER got 100% in any test. Its really boosted my confiedence!!

So it's amusing to you the disease of alcoholism??? :o

Would you post such a ridiculous statement if the test were for Parkinsons Disease?

Maybe you haven't experienced the effects of this disease in the family. Maybe you haven't had any family members admitted to a mental asylum/ prison. Maybe you haven't had a child killed by a alcoholic driver. Maybe your close relatives haven't committed suicide because of this disease.

Edited by Neeranam

And it begs the question ... if I answered "yes" to three of the q's, say nos. 3, 6, and 11 (which seem pretty innocuous to me), but managed to stop drinking without AA, was I or was I not an alcoholic?
Either way, you took responsibility for your own actions and gave up by your own means.
If I showed that list of questions to everybody I know, or even stood on the street and did a survey.... I doubt that anyone would score less than three.
:o The net is being cast as wide as possible to reap as many sinners as possible.

And it begs the question ... if I answered "yes" to three of the q's, say nos. 3, 6, and 11 (which seem pretty innocuous to me), but managed to stop drinking without AA, was I or was I not an alcoholic?

Either way, you took responsibility for your own actions and gave up by your own means.
If I showed that list of questions to everybody I know, or even stood on the street and did a survey.... I doubt that anyone would score less than three.
:D The net is being cast as wide as possible to reap as many sinners as possible.

Would you like to cast the first stone :o:D

So it's amusing to you the disease of alcoholism???

Would you post such a ridiculous statement if the test were for Parkinsons Disease?

Maybe you haven't experienced the effects of this disease in the family. Maybe you haven't had any family members admitted to a mental asylum/ prison. Maybe you haven't had a child killed by a alcoholic driver. Maybe your close relatives haven't committed suicide because of this disease.

Neeranam I think he was joking around with the test - which I think most people agree it is a sh*te test - May I also kindly refer back to your post where u did the same on page 1.

I answered 20 yes - I thought that was normal!

So stop preaching!

Re Are YOU Alcoholic ~ only YOU can decide.

I answered 3. But I dont think I am definately because I only drink around 2.5 Ltrs of weak old Heineken (5% stuff).

Im fighting to cut down.

...or you can find out scientific information about it or go to a professional and see what they say.

Its interesting to see how many take this test so literally, ie I felt remorse once does that make me an alcoholic, or I skipped work once etc etc. I think the point was does this happen you all the time.

And robitusson, if I trusted a dr every single time he told me something then I would most certainly be screwed. Misdiagnosis by a "trained professional" happens quite regularly.

I don't place my faith entirely in science or scientific principles or "professionals" any more than I do in any organized religion. I place my faith in myself and my own guiding principles.

Perhaps that is the point here, if you feel you have a problem with your drinking then you most certainly do. Its not up to any "professional" or anyone else to tell you your problems. No one can make you change or do something you don't want to do, you have to want to do it yourself.

YES, My name is Sol, I'm an Alcoholic, anyone want a lift to the Pub? :o

Oi, don't drink and drive....! :D

Lets get a cab........... :D:D:D:D

redrus

Edited by redrus

QUOTE(Artnduen @ 2006-08-30 13:02:42) *

...or you can find out scientific information about it or go to a professional and see what they say.

In my experience with professionals here, this is bad advice. Some doctors here tell me that I can safely drink again, if in moderation, which is simply untrue, based on many trials. Others put me on large doses of tranquilisers. Regarding driving - do you think it's safe to drive when on 100mg of valium a day, even though tolerant of it?

And robitusson, if I trusted a dr every single time he told me something then I would most certainly be screwed. Misdiagnosis by a "trained professional" happens quite regularly.

I think it a fair assumption that doctors cannot help alcoholics. Other professionals in the West, maybe.

The professionals here tell alcoholics to stop drinking. There are a few who offer aftercare, but this leaves most alcoholics living with untreted alcoholism which believe me is not much fun, and after a while(usually leass than a few months) is too much to handle so they pick up the bottle again.

YES, My name is Sol, I'm an Alcoholic, anyone want a lift to the Pub? :o

Oi, don't drink and drive....! :D

Lets get a cab........... :D:D:D:D

redrus

Who said anything about drinking and driving, when I get there I ain't leaving :D