What are the 2015 requirements from TCT for a teachers license?

Nobody knows. The 2006 rules for a teacher license still stand. The 2012 rules for the provisional teaching permit still stand. New are the degree verification rules. Posted in another thread. Everything else is hearsay, speculation or news sensation from some national newspapers.

I've heard from a guy who works for the educational area xx office, where my school belongs to, that they'll soon "announce the new requirements"..

Same guy is working for Khursapha and he told me that all educational area xxx offices have at least one employee, who works for the TCT.

The way I understood it was, that they'll do that before the new academic school year starts, but it could be earlier.

It's nice for those who can rely on their savings and just wait, but it's also a pain in the ass for a lot of other people. No "Thai Culture Courses" you need to continue to receive visa and work permit are available now.

Please do not believe any agency fortune tellers that their courses are accredited. Let's all take a deep breath...and wait.

If all guys who're currently working for agencies have to have a degree in education, there'll be a hell lot of mess.

Various Thai head teachers I've just recently met, had no idea what will be changed.They'll also get the needed information from their offices, where the schools belong to.

As soon as the guy will give me the needed informations, I'll post them here. wai2.gif

The requirements haven't changed and probably won't change. The question is: how to satisfy the requirements? Do you need to get a TL or M.Ed. from your home country? Can you get one from the Philippines or online or at a local university? How many waivers will be granted? When will the Culture Course be offered again? If you took the old Culture Course will you have to take the new, longer, more expensive one?

I will be surprised if the TCT ever offers clear answers to any of these questions.

The requirements haven't changed and probably won't change. The question is: how to satisfy the requirements? Do you need to get a TL or M.Ed. from your home country? Can you get one from the Philippines or online or at a local university? How many waivers will be granted? When will the Culture Course be offered again? If you took the old Culture Course will you have to take the new, longer, more expensive one?

I will be surprised if the TCT ever offers clear answers to any of these questions.

I'd sent a few e-mails to the TCT and I never understood what they're trying to say, IF they even replied.

If the "old Thai culture course" isn't accepted anymore, it wouldn't surprise me.

Considering that the Thai English teachers have to pass a -yet not even known level of a CEFR test- could also mean that foreign teachers will have to do such an assignment. And not only the non native English speakers, which wouldn't surprise me.

This information comes from a guy who works at an educational area xx office. I meet this guy on weekly basis and hope that they at least tell their folks working for this department know what's going on.

If all teachers currently working for agencies would have to have a degree to get a work permit, it wouldn't surprise me.

But if they continue to make it more difficult for foreigners to teach here, who have already shown their ability that they are good teachers, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm just wondering what sense that makes that guys who'd been a teacher of the English language for 10 + years are all in a sudden not qualified to teach, because of a decision made by guys at the TCT who obviously don't know much about what they're doing.

Lord Buddha, please forgive them as they don't know what they do?

Please give it a try and send your particular questions to the TCT and you'll be surprised what they'll send you back.If they do so. Please see link:

http://site.ksp.or.th/contact-us.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=17

We are not teachers.

We are simply informal educators , with the knowledge of a language the Thai desperately to function in their futures.

Native English speakers want to share their language.

The children want to learn English.

The adults and university students want to learn English.

The people are happy to pay their own money to support native English speakers to stay here and share English informally.

The mind boggles why the moe, government and immigration do not support this.

Nobody wants them to pay a penny. There is a difference between a formal teacher.

And a nes teaching informally.

Why does the moe not understand that and work it out before all the native speakers have left.

The MOE and TCT are two hands on different bodies, and not only do not know what the other hand is doing, they do not want to even know who has the other hand.

Glad to have a member who has insights to it all. Thanks!

If you teach people English it opens up the world to them. Then they can understand how the rest of the world functions and subsequently may not be happy with some of the ways in Thailand if they have that information.

Pretty much the mushroom syndrom

The MOE and TCT are two hands on different bodies, and not only do not know what the other hand is doing, they do not want to even know who has the other hand.

Glad to have a member who has insights to it all. Thanks!

and that the right hand definitely not knows what the left hand is doing. thanks a lot to them...aehh to all of them. Or both. Hmmm... w00t.gif

Finally very similar to the mermaid in sand. Not real and it will get worse. facepalm.gif

And I'm not a fortune teller.If you pay me 5 K, I'll get you in touch with a monk who always knows the lottery numbers. cheesy.gif

A one time fee of 25 K seems to be appropriate for such "good luck", right?

I only made a joke. Please Do Not Send Money to me....thumbsup.gif

post-158336-0-45852800-1425744508_thumb.

If you teach people English it opens up the world to them. Then they can understand how the rest of the world functions and subsequently may not be happy with some of the ways in Thailand if they have that information.

Have to disagree on that. It's simply called "education." Sad is the way it's enforced in this country.

Not too many activities in Thai primary schools are in favor of the child.

Students at my school have to clean the whole school. as sort of a morning exercise. " If I were them I'd tell them to -selfdeleted- off.

Some of them are in M 3 and I wouldn't want my son/daughter to do the janitor's job. It's one of the jokes at Thai schools. Kids treated like slaves.

Time for a change. Even the wall between East and West Germany finally fell. Time for "The Wind Of Change." thumbsup.gif

Have to disagree on that. It's simply called "education." Sad is the way it's enforced in this country.

Not too many activities in Thai primary schools are in favor of the child.

Students at my school have to clean the whole school. as sort of a morning exercise. " If I were them I'd tell them to -selfdeleted- off.

Some of them are in M 3 and I wouldn't want my son/daughter to do the janitor's job. It's one of the jokes at Thai schools. Kids treated like slaves.

Time for a change. Even the wall between East and West Germany finally fell. Time for "The Wind Of Change." thumbsup.gif

Rubbish! lol

I had to clean my school and it taught us to not foul the place. Todays kids throw their litter about, graffiti the walls and spit gum on the floor. If they had to clean the place up they might take a bit more care of the school. Do you think it is beneath someone to keep a place clean. or do you think it is up to servants or teachers to do the job?

Taking care of the immediate environment seems to me to be a valuable educational lesson in itself.

Ok, so lostinissan's point taken about whatever new requirements coming.

Can anyone point me to the form/s, checklist, etc...

If foreign teachers license is used anyone know if letter from Thai school is needed? Would a wp suffice? Can my friend get a license with just his foreign license or does he need to suck balls at 25k for a year?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

"If you teach people English it opens up the world to them. Then they can understand how the rest of the world functions ..."

Television and the Internet open the world to them whether or not they are fluent in English. Even the "natives" in places like France, Germany & Japan manage to figure out what's going on without speaking a word of English.

Your thesis sounds like something someone would say in the past when claiming all the "benefits" of colonialism.

They'd probably benefit more in the future if they were taught Chinese.

You can obtain a permanent teacher license with a recognized post-grad diploma. There are UK based ones such as iPGCE, which are expensive, or Thai based ones. IFUGAO Sate University (50K THB) and St. Theresa's have been proven to satisfy the TCT's requirements.

Google "ifugao state university Thailand teaching" for a forum with lots of threads about one of the best options.

Anecdotally, my Chinese coworker informs me that it's damned near impossibly to get any sort of "quality" results when searching in Chinese, unless you're looking for something that is specific to Chinese culture, history, language, etc. Taking a quick peek at Wikipedia articles by language bears this out:

post-140919-14399935291115_thumb.jpg

Most of the world's scholarly research is going to be in primarily in English. Even research done in other countries is going to end up being published in English if it hopes to get peer review.

"If you teach people English it opens up the world to them. Then they can understand how the rest of the world functions ..."

Television and the Internet open the world to them whether or not they are fluent in English. Even the "natives" in places like France, Germany & Japan manage to figure out what's going on without speaking a word of English.

Your thesis sounds like something someone would say in the past when claiming all the "benefits" of colonialism.

I assume you mean Mandarin? I think any one would do well to learn Mandarin - but - the world business language is English. That is why so many Chinese are taught it.

Archived