Three Frenchmen arrested for allegedly making fake euro notes

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- Pattaya police and anti-international crime police have arrested three Frenchmen for having allegedly made and sold fake euro banknotes.

Camille Cinerlli, 30, Elie Maghames, 28, and Alexander Jean la Rocca, 31, were accused of mailing the fake banknotes to their customers in several European nations by hiding them inside Thai cartoon books.

Chon Buri Police chief Pol Maj Gen Nitipong Niamnoi and other senior police officers announced the arrest at a press conference Friday.

Nitipong said the three were arrested Thursday after the French embassy’s police attaché sought help from the Thai police.

The French embassy informed the Thai police that several parcels from Thailand that contained fake euro banknotes inserted in cartoon books were seized in France. The parcels were mailed from Pattaya.

Following the information from the embassy, the Chon Buri anti-international crime center conducted an investigation and learned that the three Frenchmen had mailed several parcels to France and other European countries. Police also seized 105 fake euro banknotes from the parcels.

Nitipong said police obtained an arrest warrant against the three from the Pattaya Provincial Court Thursday and they raided three houses where the three were staying and arrested them.

The Chon Buri police chief said police seized 28 items of devices for making the fake notes.

Nitipong said the three admitted that they have been collaborating in making and selling the fake banknotes.

He said Cinerlli and Maghames learned how to make the fake notes from Internet and had downloaded an application for preparing files for making fake 50 euro notes.

They save the files of the fake notes on flash drives and printed them with printers of la Rocca and Maghames, Nitipong said.

They sold the notes at the rate of 15 to 17 euro per note to customers in France, Spain, Austria, Ireland, Germany and Greece, causing damage about dozens of millions of baht.

Pattaya Police arrest 3 Frenchmen running Fake Euro mail-order Business

french-1.jpg

Pattaya Police, in conjunction with the French Embassy in Bangkok, have shut-down a Fake Euro mail-order business allegedly run by three Frenchmen who would produce fake 50 euro bank notes and would send them via Post to customers around the world.

Police Major General Nittipong, the Provincial Police Commander announced the arrests at a Press Conference at Pattaya Police Station on Friday afternoon, attended by the 3 suspects.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/174861/pattaya-police-arrest-3-frenchmen-running-fake-euro-mail-order-business/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-07

The one on the right doesn't look happy,the one on the left has a nice muslim type beard, doesn't look trustworthy, would you buy a forged bank note from a man looking like this?

If you allow me, looking trustworthy or not, I would not buy a forged note bank note from any one biggrin.png

• Like 1

The one on the right doesn't look happy,the one on the left has a nice muslim type beard, doesn't look trustworthy, would you buy a forged bank note from a man looking like this?

If you allow me, looking trustworthy or not, I would not buy a forged note bank note from any one biggrin.png

maybe i should have put a little smiley at the end of my post so you would understand it better

• Like 1

I'm taking a wild guess that the customers wouldn't have seen his face, unless he hand delivered them of course.

"He said Cinerlli and Maghames learned how to make the fake notes from Internet and had downloaded an application for preparing files for making fake 50 euro notes.

They save the files of the fake notes on flash drives and printed them with printers of la Rocca and Maghames, Nitipong said"

Tell me it can't be that easy w00t.gif

'Elie' doesn't sound like a Muslim name...

• Like 2

Attracted by the hookers and flashy lights they opted for Thailand and of all places Pattaya. Great thinking. Bet they used the same routine, same postoffice, same people for every delivery. Going for a country whose mail is routinely opened by Thai or European authorities is pretty weird.

• Like 1

North Africans with French passports?

Didn't their parents teach them that crime doesn't pay.

"North Africans with French passports?"

Are you oblivious to the fact that most of north west Africa was under French colonial control prior to and even after WW2?

These guys may have come from Algeria, Tunisia or Maroc.

Plenty of Hong Kong Chinese with British passports.

Gone are the days when you could tell a person's nationality by his name.

• Like 1

I am confused !!

really confused !!

The last 3 french they catched for crime had dark scin !!

Does the french now have dark scin,

or muslim bears ?

Can someone mail a pic of Napoleon so thatt we can compare - french and non french ??

"He said Cinerlli and Maghames learned how to make the fake notes from Internet and had downloaded an application for preparing files for making fake 50 euro notes.
They save the files of the fake notes on flash drives and printed them with printers of la Rocca and Maghames, Nitipong said"
Tell me it can't be that easy w00t.gif

you even can use a good copy machine !

You just have to find the kind of peple to whom you can pay with this fake notes !!

I am confused !!

really confused !!

The last 3 french they catched for crime had dark scin !!

Does the french now have dark scin,

or muslim bears ?

Can someone mail a pic of Napoleon so thatt we can compare - french and non french ??

I am confused !!

really confused !! blink.png

You said it mate. Any further comment is superfluous.