Koh Samui ‘influential person’ gunned down

Thaivisa News

Stray bullet from the wannabe cowboy cop?

Another wild quote

I know allot of volunteers and believe it or not they don't want to do the job they would rather be going out and having fun but allot of local police know local people and ask them for help to boost numbers as the government under funds the police

Also local people like to do there bit for protection their island and their families

Problem you have is the same in and situation be police army or civilians ( anyone ) drunk and around guns has high chance or a bad recopy

Thai volunteers are aloud to carry guns. Of coarse they can i mean look at fisherman village this is what they have to deal with and don't even get paid

They can only arrest when in a group with a full policeman so in their spare time they are just normal people

Local business man shot in Bophut Fisherman’s village

KOH SAMUI: -- A local businessman was shot in a restaurant in the Bophut Fisherman’s village on Friday 6th of March. The man, who it has been reported was influential in the area, was having dinner with work associates when two men opened fire on him. The incident took place at around 7-30pm.

CCTV footage shows two men walking into the restaurant and opening fire before leaving. One man then went back in and shot the man point blank killing him, two of his associates were also injured in the first round of fire.

The gunfire caused considerable alarm for locals and tourists enjoying the Bophut walking street market in the area who looked on as the police sealed off the restaurant.

Road blocks were set up around the island to stop the gunmen from fleeing.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-03-07

Tak (his nitname was taxi because he is born in a taxi in Bangkok) was a real nice guy. I know him 30 years already. I will go to see his family this evening after work. Please keep your bad comments until we know why this happened. RIP my friend

Here Here!

• Like 1

Are they suggesting that foreign business owners NEED protection from local "businessmen" like this in order to conduct business in Thailand? Should look good for future investors.

Normally not I guess but a lot of foreign scums are involved in running bars, resorts without licenses so yes they do need protection.

Police have stepped up checking at all piers on Koh Samui to try to prevent the gunmen from fleeing

what about a speedboat on a beach...is that a plausible scenario, or is it against BiB intuition and therefore impossible?

Tak (his nitname was taxi because he is born in a taxi in Bangkok) was a real nice guy. I know him 30 years already. I will go to see his family this evening after work. Please keep your bad comments until we know why this happened. RIP my friend

six bullets, someone really wanted him dead,this was no ''I don't like his face killing''. Serious business with serious money involved,can't be too hard to find a motive providing some real police get involved but TIT.

• Like 1

Are they suggesting that foreign business owners NEED protection from local "businessmen" like this in order to conduct business in Thailand? Should look good for future investors.

Normally not I guess but a lot of foreign scums are involved in running bars, resorts without licenses so yes they do need protection.

I would say:

Normally yes, in a way or an other but a lot of Thai and Foreign scum are involved in running bars, resorts and other illegal businesses and need more protection. It's just a matter of price but everyone will need eventually some kind of protection if they are living in Thailand.

Here Here!

or hear hear, its like their and there, English can be confusing can't it.

• Like 1

Police have stepped up checking at all piers on Koh Samui to try to prevent the gunmen from fleeing

what about a speedboat on a beach...is that a plausible scenario, or is it against BiB intuition and therefore impossible?

Or maybe just kiking back at their local watering hole waiting for the next assignment.

Hate to be nasty but all the developers on Koh Samui should probably be shot. It would help clean the place up a bit. Sp many out to make a quick buck at the expense of a culture bringing all the crap that they brought to the island over the past 20 years or so. I understand that a German developer named Norbert was shot and killed some years ago. Cou;dn't have happened to a better man who absolutuley deserved his fate.

"Police have stepped up checking at all piers on Koh Samui to try to prevent the gunmen from fleeing."

​Quick before they make it to Mynamar. You just know it can't be a Thai.

Do you actually realize how boring your last sentence is? Been said on Thai Visa now thousands of times

• Like 1

On K Samui there are a few families that know everything that goes on and would probably have to be approached for something like this. If it was a rogue outsider then I guess they will take care of it. Harsh way to die. RIP.

Hate to be nasty but all the developers on Koh Samui should probably be shot. It would help clean the place up a bit. Sp many out to make a quick buck at the expense of a culture bringing all the crap that they brought to the island over the past 20 years or so. I understand that a German developer named Norbert was shot and killed some years ago. Cou;dn't have happened to a better man who absolutuley deserved his fate.

I'm sure he will be surprised to hear he is dead.

I believe Norbert is alive and well , but need contract out a shooting at his office

I believe Norbert is alive and well , but need contract out a shooting at his office.

That is too bad!!!!

I mean that is is too bad he wasn't shot. Not a good person.

• Like 1

"they were having dinner at the Karma restaurant" hmmmmm.

Karma >noun (in Hinduism and Buddhism) a person's actions in this and previous lives,seen as affecting their future fate.rolleyes.gif

nothing to do with this. The full name of the restaurant is Karma Sutra

Police have stepped up checking at all piers on Koh Samui to try to prevent the gunmen from fleeing.

Well, that is a load of bull. I assume the police know who is involved as they have their dirty hands in every business. They may be at the piers helping them leave like so many RTP did to help the 'influential' family suspects on Koh Tao.

People like you just post utter rubbish without actually thinking about what you are saying and just post assumptions as soon as they come into your head

He might be right. What he says does not sound far fetched

six bullets, someone really wanted him dead,this was no ''I don't like his face killing''. Serious business with serious money involved,can't be too hard to find a motive providing some real police get involved but TIT.

some real police get involved

I guess that is the problem