Koh Samui ‘influential person’ gunned down

Another mobster beats the dust.

Most foreign businessmen on Samui were prisoners in/of their home country.

I met big old drugsdealers, major scammers and other "businessmen" when I visited Samui. Beautiful island but completely rotten by it's businessmen and local maffia. (Like Pattaya and Phuket)

Sorry, but I have an academic degree and have been CEO of major companies since 1994.

It is amazing how the local businesmen all seem to wear sleeveless singha shirts and spend all day chatting with tourists (with an academic degree) at the local bar biggrin.png

Well, living and working (yes, legally) in Thailand brings me to several places. Once, one of my former business partners was co-owner / investor of a high class resort on Samui. with several million Euro. He asked me to check it out, you probably know why...... Was in 2005. Believe me, he got screwed !!!

Edited by FredNL
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"they were having dinner at the Karma restaurant" hmmmmm.

"Police have stepped up checking at all piers on Koh Samui to try to prevent the gunmen from fleeing." ​Quick before they make it to Mynamar. You just know it can't be a Thai.

Should have known influential actually means dodgy.

Should have known influential actually means dodgy.

Influential means rich. Plain and simple. Money is power in this country. With enough cash you can buy your way out of anything, and everything. With enough cash the police captains are your best friends. The government officials are your allies. The judges and prosecutors will not touch you. Just look at the Dark Tao example. A serial killer is running loose, due to his families "influence" (cash on hand).

Another mobster beats the dust.

Most foreign businessmen on Samui were prisoners in/of their home country.

I met big old drugsdealers, major scammers and other "businessmen" when I visited Samui. Beautiful island but completely rotten by it's businessmen and local maffia. (Like Pattaya and Phuket)

Sorry, but I have an academic degree and have been CEO of major companies since 1994.

It is amazing how the local businesmen all seem to wear sleeveless singha shirts and spend all day chatting with tourists (with an academic degree) at the local bar biggrin.png

Well, living and working (yes, legally) in Thailand brings me to several places. Once, one of my former business partners was co-owner / investor of a high class resort on Samui. with several million Euro. He asked me to check it out, you probably know why...... Was in 2005. Believe me, he got screwed !!!

Any chance your business partner was Mr. Boris from dinkyrock? (see post 95) biggrin.png

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

You misunderstand my point monkeycountry. The unions in New York are just the mafia's tool through which they exercise control there. Whether there are unions in Samui is irrelevant.

You misunderstand my point monkeycountry. The unions in New York are just the mafia's tool through which they exercise control there. Whether there are unions in Samui is irrelevant.

I am sure you are right. In any case posters above with the right connections and inside information have already established that the Japanese Yakuza, Chinese triads (recently eliminated at Fishermans Village), russian mafia, Bandidos and the military from the radar station share control of Samui. Rumor has it that they all have a secret meeting once a month at the radar station where they split the earnings and continue to plot how to take over the bungee jump and dinkyrock biggrin.png

I am sure you are right. In any case posters above with the right connections and inside information have already established that the Japanese Yakuza, Chinese triads (recently eliminated at Fishermans Village), russian mafia, Bandidos and the military from the radar station share control of Samui. Rumor has it that they all have a secret meeting once a month at the radar station where they split the earnings and continue to plot how to take over the bungee jump and dinkyrock biggrin.png

With your condition crazy.gif ,

you shouldn't start drinking this early.burp.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Got a call from a Thai woman friend i have known for years this afternoon who lives on Samui. Can not discuss much of the details but she was invited to dinner with Mr. Influential when the shooting took place. As i have mentioned before a number of mafias are in control of the island both Thai and foreign. So if you have no problems supporting your local mafia continue visiting the Full Moon Party, Koh Samui and Koh Tao. I won,t get near the place. My Thai friends and family understand this and we meet elsewhere.

I love it when people who don't really know anything try to give the impression they know it all :-)

Most major businesses on Samui, such as the major hotels, are owned and run by people in Bangkok. I am sure there are some local and foreign wannabe gangster types, but they don't control anything worth mentioning.

What does ownership have to do with gangsterism? If you believe that these hotels, etc. that you speak of are above paying protection money then you are deluded.

Jeez, it wasn't that long ago since the taxi mafia on Phuket held every major hotel to ransom.

I don't think you can name even one hotel on Samui that pays protection money to anyone.
The only people who pay protection money are the usual semi illegal businesses such as bars, jetskis and taxis who pay the police in order to avoid the usual trouble with licenses, lack of meter use, closing hours and prostitution.

Samui locals control everything on this Island as the Mayor is a local and so is the Nai Amper so without the permissions from these 2 then no one can do anything.

Be it people from Bangkok or forangs plus most of the clever samui people still own large sections of land and some only lease the land out if they do decide to.

The local people are fully in control other people like to believe they are but for real local people run this whole island.

Counter my post if you like but i know what i know and thats all that matters

• Like 1

3 suspects accused being involved in the contract murder of Samui business man arrested

http://www.samuitimes.com/3-suspects-accused-involved-contract-murder-samui-business-man-arrested/

Chanai ! , Lamai Fame …. 'Police officers have also reportedly also arrested Mr. Chanai Soksom '

I have known Chanai a long time , I don't think he would do this …..

But when your house is shot up ..