Home A/C Filters

junglechef

JC,

I dont know where you may get to change the actual filter but an alternate solution is to use a 3M product called Filtrete. I cleaned out and replaced the filters on our panasonic unit last week. This stuff is magic.

Available in Big C and also seen in Baan and Beyond. B&B have a special on some sizes, ie get 2 for the price of 1. Amorn Electronic use to stock iot but I havent seen it there for a while.

Gd Luck

Available in other places, as well, and really the most practical, effective and inexpensive way to clear the air if you don't (of course) go to the extent of getting some decent air purifiers --- and the decent ones can be quite expensive. Check previous discussions of ameliorating interior air pollution on TV Chiang Mai. These have been extensive over recent years.

Exercise buffs should chill for the next few weeks. Effective face masks, especially for exercise outdoors are generally uncomfortable to wear as well as generally being expensive and requiring maintenance.

The rain will arrive in about six weeks.

Thanks

I actually was installing the Filtrete when I saw how dirty the filters in the a/c unit were and thought it would be good or even nec. to have both.

While I was at Bann and Beyond I also picked up a N95 3M mask #8511. It had a nose clip to seal and a respirator and was pretty inexpensive, comfortable and easy to breath while Mt Biking in the hills. Can't say how effective it is but it's the one rec. to me.

As for the rain just waiting for the kids to finish school in a few days and were off to the beach until May.

Those plastic filters in the AC unit can normally be cleaned and used for the life of the machine. Run water over over both sides and rub with a bit of dish detergent and rinse from both directions and it should come out almost like new.