One year multiple-entries visa

For the next coming months, I will have to visit Phnom Penh for 2/3 days on a monthly basis.

I am residing in Thailand on a multi Non-O and applying for a visa on arrival, each time that I am going to Cambodia, is not only time consuming but passport pages as well...

Do I have any better option?!?

Edited by lazygourmet

Cheapest is as u know VOA $30

they offer a E-visa online for Cambodia,

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

costs $40 ( $30 +$7 service charge $3 cc fee) and its only a stamp in an out not the full page sticker

Or u can apply for a business visa on arrival $35

and than extend it for 6 months as that is for multiple entries ( about $160)

they offer a 3 month BUT its not multi entry

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheapest is as u know VOA $30

they offer a E-visa online for Cambodia,

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

costs $40 ( $30 +$7 service charge $3 cc fee) and its only a stamp in an out not the full page sticker

Or u can apply for a business visa on arrival $35

and than extend it for 6 months as that is for multiple entries ( about $160)

they offer a 3 month BUT its not multi entry

Apply for a B-visa about 285 USD and you can come and go as much as you like for 12 months. Do this through an agent in PP or SR as the Thai Embassy is as friendly as a rattle snake to farangs.

• Like 1

what are u on about Khwai?
he is asking about a visa for Cambodia

I am residing in Thailand on a multi Non-O

NOT Thailand ( or at least i read he has a 1 year O for Thailand)

PLUS the Thai embassy in PP will NOT issue a multi entry b visa, they will ONLY issue a single entry and than tell u to get an extension in country, ( I checked)

• Like 2

PLUS the Thai embassy in PP will NOT issue a multi entry b visa, they will ONLY issue a single entry and than tell u to get an extension in country, ( I checked)

Thanks Richard...

As you mentioned previously, I will opt for a biz visa on next arrival and 6 months multi-entries extension thenafter.

• Like 1

Good point, besides of course the Thai embassy in PP would be "about as friendly as a rattle snake" if you asked them to do a Cambodian visa extension for you. The Thais can only issue their visas, that's it.

For got to put my glasses oncheesy.gif but that snake is still out there.w00t.gif

• 3 years later...
On 3/10/2015 at 9:24 AM, khwaibah said:

Apply for a B-visa about 285 USD and you can come and go as much as you like for 12 months. Do this through an agent in PP or SR as the Thai Embassy is as friendly as a rattle snake to farangs.

More difficult to extend now it seems...

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Not hard to extend if you are employed and ave a work permit. But the days of being able to get one without being employed -- or of being able to work without a work permit -- are over.

I think like most people who lived long time in Cambodia you do not see the truth anymore.

Of course things are changing, but it is still so easy to cheat the system, or do you think that all the poor low so foreigners who live there could still be in Cambodia now ?

Cambodia will empty quickly if it becomes as difficult as Thailand, so I am sure that it's not going to happen shortly.

They certainly don't need or want "poor low-so" foreigners living there. Tourists, both upscale and backpacker variety, yes ut sbort-term stays. Foreign busibessmen/investors, yes. Foreigners coming to do legal work, yes. Foreign retirees, it has been recently decided, are worth having.

But the decidedly scuzzy element referred to, no. And that is exactly why the new regulations and crack down.

This element is very noticeable in specific, geographically small parts of the cou try but their numbers are not that great. Their departure will not "empty out " anything.

Might improve some neighborhoods, though.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/28/2018 at 7:20 PM, Sheryl said:

They certainly don't need or want "poor low-so" foreigners living there. .. the decidedly scuzzy element referred to, no. And that is exactly why the new regulations and crack down.

i spend quite  a deal of time and effort to resemble that remark and i still have the extended welcome sticker in my passport

1 hour ago, despicable alien said:

i spend quite  a deal of time and effort to resemble that remark and i still have the extended welcome sticker in my passport

If you do not have a WP you are in for a rude surprise when it comes time to renew.

They will issue the first extension without it but not after that.

While large enough bribes can do just about anything in Camb, it would take a large one for this, more than a self professed "poor" expat is likely to have.

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2018 at 9:43 PM, Sheryl said:

If you do not have a WP you are in for a rude surprise when it comes time to renew.

They will issue the first extension without it but not after that.

While large enough bribes can do just about anything in Camb, it would take a large one for this, more than a self professed "poor" expat is likely to have.

I think you are just as most long term expats in Cambodia who think that any rule is valid there...

I will stay there as long as I want by just paying and I have no doubt about it.