Uproar over teacher’s weird goodbye

Ayutthaya:- Online social networkers strongly criticized a 58-year-old female teacher in Ayutthaya after seeing a YouTube clip in which she used a shoe to gently slap the cheeks of her pupils.

In the clip, the teacher was seen waiting at the door of her classroom waiting for her pupils to leave. Her students walked past her one by one and she tapped each on the left cheek with a shoe in her right hand.

It was heard in the clip that several students did not want to leave the room at the moment because they were reluctant to be anointed with the teacher’s shoe.

“If you don’t want to leave, I’ll wait here. I’ll wait until 6 pm,” the teacher told the remaining students, and she then sat down on a chair waiting her pupils to leave the room.

Several online users questioned whether the teacher had done the right thing in line with the teachers’ ethic.

Khaosod Online later identified the school as the Ayutthaya Nusorn School in Ayutthaya’s Muang district. Khaosod identified the teacher as Sukanya Lorprasert, who teaches a social study class for Grande 11 students and who is also in charge of student administration.

Sukanya told the Khaosod reporter she has seen the video clip and she was sorry for what she has done.

Sukanya said she did not mean to humiliate or punish the students at all. Instead, she loves them as her own children and she would like them to remember her teachings during the past year.

She said the students came to receive their school report for the final exam that day before passing to the Grade 12. And students in the class were rather naughty students, she added.

She said she has told them earlier that she would touch their cheek with her shoe on their last day in the class so that they would remember her teachings. She said she had cleaned her shoe with her own blouse before doing it.

Tapping...looks like fly swatting 555

Matter of fact, I can remember every teacher from my highschool...either they were good at doing their job in whichever way, or they sucked.

You know, I might've digged her excuse...if it weren't for that horrible unmotivated facial expression, unmotivated body movement and unmotivated speech while doing so...sure does look more like a random superior display.

Last bet I could place for the random shooting into the blue contest...her social teachings were about drinking lao khao, skipping work, staying xenophobic and using Failbook...oh, and selfies of course.

she should have said it was for good luck and everybody would have been ok with it :)

No, not OK with a shoe. Try to catch a Thai bill with your foot, you'll be in a mess if seen by Thais. The feet, and the shoes are the parts of you which are in the dirt and therefore an absolute no to be used for treating people. Even pointing to anything with your shoe tips is a no go. Not only in Thailand btw.

Fatfather

• Like 1

The feet, and the shoes are the parts of you which are in the dirt...

Reading news like this (again) as well as the case of making students crawl on a concrete floor for attending class late, I assume way too many in the "education" system are in the dirt alreadyup to their necks.

Yep...the problem is THE SHOE and not the actual act!

Totally understandable!

Had she just smacked them with the hand or a ruler...no problem!

But a shoe...eeeeewwwww.....

Thainess! coffee1.gif

One of the reasons my child will never attend a

Thai school, and is in fact headed to America....

This teacher is insane.

The real question is have they learned what they need to achieve their full potential. Then again even if your children wanted to go to university in Thailand they could not. Maybe dealing with people who are strange is part of ones life lesson without thinking they are insane. I hope your decision to send your child to America to be the half cast Asian, where your child of course will be welcome with open arms by the fellow students of all races Did you choose Rice, SMSU or Morehead State or other fine school but avoid schools like CUNY city college there are too many Asians there to be good. . . Your so proud of your decision are you sure your eyes are wide open..hopefully not like a deer in the headlights. Blinded by your good intentions.

Leg and shoe are consider very bad to touch someone in Thailand it's a taboo and she is a teacher should not playing such dirty thing, hope education dept will remove her from teaching post. Why not the parents making noise to the school director and ask channel 3 to broadcast. No more excuses for her.

She said she had cleaned her shoe with her own blouse before doing it.

Oh really? Where did she do that? Taking off her blouse like a Chinese tourist in a restroom?

Imagine if she had some crusty arl doggy still left on her sandal.

Cheeky sh!t.

ah school days... aged 13/14 our sports teacher wanted to punish someone for some misdemeanor during rugby practice. so lifted him upside down holding his arms by his sides and dropped him on his head from about a foot above the ground. from that early age the stupidity in what the guy did has stuck with me.

being from the mid 70's there is unfortunately no clip available

• Like 1