Uproar over teacher’s weird goodbye

Meh, put her on leave or transfer her and put it on her record. If there's a record of this occurring then of course further punitive measures against her license should be administered. She's old she probably remembers the day of beating the students so may be hard for her to let go of habits.

The only thing she is sorry about is getting caught doing it. And of course when she is caught she has every excuse under the sun.

She simply refuses to show any responsibility for her actions. Why not a simply "Sorry, I was out of order and in hindsight was wrong to do that"? I would respect her a lot more if she said that than using these pitiful excuses she is coming up with.

Where are the parents and school board superintendent? The logical next step is to reconvene the students to the classroom and have this woman sit by the door while each student walks past and puts their shoe on her right cheek.

• Like 2

One of the reasons my child will never attend a

Thai school, and is in fact headed to America....

This teacher is insane.

The real question is have they learned what they need to achieve their full potential. Then again even if your children wanted to go to university in Thailand they could not. Maybe dealing with people who are strange is part of ones life lesson without thinking they are insane. I hope your decision to send your child to America to be the half cast Asian, where your child of course will be welcome with open arms by the fellow students of all races Did you choose Rice, SMSU or Morehead State or other fine school but avoid schools like CUNY city college there are too many Asians there to be good. . . Your so proud of your decision are you sure your eyes are wide open..hopefully not like a deer in the headlights. Blinded by your good intentions.

Wow perhaps you should have logged more time in school........See Briggsy post # 18 as to why

my child will not be attending a Thai school. The secret to education is to question everything. The cornerstone to Thai education is to question nothing. That is the fundamental flaw here.

Half cast ( e) Asian ?? You are aware there is no caste system in America ? Are you Indian perchance ? I am assuming as a beautiful half Thai girl, that she will encounter fairly limited racism....cheesy.gif Gotta love some of these TV posters. Anyway thanks for the morning laugh.

My daughter in fact attends a private Thai school. I wanted her to learn to socialize with other children, and knew the learning aspect would be pretty minimal. When I took her to class the first time, I looked the teacher in the eye and said no teacher was to so much as lay a finger on my daughter. I posted this info in another thread about punishment in Thai schools. A few posters came back and said I was a nutty overly protective father. Apparently not, as a about two weeks ago, in the very school my daughter attends, a four year boy so beaten so badly by a teacher he had to go to the hospital. His crime was apparently not doing his homework. Maybe the Thai education system attracts crazy people.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

The only thing she is sorry about is getting caught doing it. And of course when she is caught she has every excuse under the sun.

She simply refuses to show any responsibility for her actions. Why not a simply "Sorry, I was out of order and in hindsight was wrong to do that"? I would respect her a lot more if she said that than using these pitiful excuses she is coming up with.

I called hell onm my cell phone (contrary to popular belief it was not a local call). It is a cold there. I agreed with djjamie. Now I can reconcile myself to madness....

She should have told the students that her shoe represented Prayut's boot on their face of liberty. It can be used lightly in a firendly manner or harshly in a punitive manner. Either way students should understand how the boot is used. Prayut may have congradulated her directness.

She needs to attend Thai Culture classes.

"Several online users questioned whether the teacher had done the right thing in line with the teachers’ ethic"

What other country would a teacher even think about deliberately tapping a student's head with a shoe to make a public demonstration of authority superiority?

One of the reasons my child will never attend a

Thai school, and is in fact headed to America....

This teacher is insane.

Sure this alleged Teacher is a Dumbo but I don't think I'd be hustling my kid off to school in America....Students get SHOT DEAD over there !

Now consider the same acts - by a foreign teacher. Her ass would be in jail AFAIK.

Then there is the shocking fact that all were subjected to this humiliation. There might have been a few unruly boys - but never ALL of them. This is most disturbing, the lack of differentiation. Doesn't she know who she needs to punish?!?

Over the years, I've often observed some older teacher sit and do private stuff while the class stays quiet.

No, she won't get punished as upholding the system trumps all. Hope I'm wrong though.

She should have told the students that her shoe represented Prayut's boot on their face of liberty. It can be used lightly in a firendly manner or harshly in a punitive manner. Either way students should understand how the boot is used. Prayut may have congradulated her directness.

Congratulations rickirs on managing to involve Prayut and his ,shall we say, "jackboot"?

This was a frumpy, probably soon to be retired Thai teacher breaking one of the most fundamental rules of Thai culture.

Touching the head, and that includes the face, is very rude. Using one's shoe to do this is almost unspeakable.

Unfortunately here, we are not discussing the general and his quirkiness. Let's leave him out of this silly discussion.

She said she had cleaned her shoe with her own blouse before doing it.

Unbelievable to watch this. In a country where even pointing with your legs/shoes/ feet at anybody seems to be completely inadequate.

The "teacher" seems to have "huge mental issues" that could be solved by some in Thailand also used Elektro Shock Therapy Sessions.

I'd love to watch her head spinning around in a 15 minute session.

I'm very certain that this would heal her schizophrenia immediately. They should make a movie and post it on youtube for the students.

Her shoe would perfectly fit in her mouth to avoid that she bites off her tongue.

Ex-Students may choose the voltage. Problem solved. Please see

:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQa_sg4zN88

Edited by lostinisaan

She should not be allowed near any kids.

Kids? Did perhaps the kids drove her to this... symbolic teacher's presence Thai Style.... did she hit them on the back side? Have we taught her class of complete angels...

We can never know what was in her mind... Obviously .. the behavior was not appropriate...

Tough love.. no.. Power.. yes..

There's one Thai teacher in my school, a younger fellow, who literally whacks the living !$%# out of the kids, His stick is taped in so it won't leave any serious traces and injuries. Guess what? He was made teacher of the year, I kid you not.

• 2 weeks later...

When a boy in M2 lost it, turning over tables, then walking out of the class, he and some other boys had to kneel and bow to the floor.

It was awkward... There are alternative methods so each and every disgression. None involving a teacher's shoes and the students' heads. w00t.gif

There's one Thai teacher in my school, a younger fellow, who literally whacks the living !$%# out of the kids, His stick is taped in so it won't leave any serious traces and injuries. Guess what? He was made teacher of the year, I kid you not.

Sometimes words have no meaning at all.

post-158336-0-18471000-1427718293_thumb.

Please do all of us and the kids a big favor.

Pay some guys a little bit money and make a merit for him that his own mom will have a problem to identify her son.

A total "Make Up", not very unusual for Thai men these days. thumbsup.gif

The feet are dirty - that's why we eat on the floor...

Yep, we've got two big tables, one of them is a nice teak wood one, of course with the right chairs, the other one a designer table, especially made for a better kitchen, with five nice wooden designer chairs.

I have to admit that the designer table is coated with a table cloth and used for stuff we never ever need.

But "wifey" seems to prefer to be "down to earth". But I'd still prefer to stick that 'teacher" one of these chairs right into her rec... aeeh face.

Edited by lostinisaan