Weather In Northern Thailand/burma

jetzie

hi guys, i cant find a closer place den this to post my concerns.

i have purchased a tic to CR on sept 12, which i will be travelling to maesai and enetering borders iinto kengtung (burma)

however, i am pretty concerned about e travel up to kengtung due to e weather, how is the weather there now? as the road from tachilek - kengtung is suburbun roads i am quite concerned about that 3-4hrs of my life :o

anyone tt has been there recently or knows?

Appreciated thanks in advance..

I've traveled the road from Chiangrai to Mae Sai every month of the year over a period of more than four years and I have never had a problem...ever....it never has flooded....it's a major road and I doubt that it ever will flood to the point of being a problem. Don't worry about it.

No need to worry. The road to, I think you mean Cheng Tung, or Chiang Tung in Thai, one of the five Chiangs, should be smooth sailing. I wouldn't worry about the weather, either. If you want to do it, do it. There was recently a new road built up that way and should have an easy trip...however, don't expect the best. You are travelling in SEA and anything can happen. Roads wash out etc. But just make it an adventure and you are likely to have a ball.

No need to worry. The road to, I think you mean Cheng Tung, or Chiang Tung in Thai, one of the five Chiangs, should be smooth sailing. I wouldn't worry about the weather, either. If you want to do it, do it. There was recently a new road built up that way and should have an easy trip...however, don't expect the best. You are travelling in SEA and anything can happen. Roads wash out etc. But just make it an adventure and you are likely to have a ball.

hello thanks for reply, i am meaning Kengtung in burma. are we talking about e same place?

if yes den im relieved..