Want to buy a hand Lawn Aerator

• 3 weeks later...

I humbly bow to your ignorance Leo. But if you are truly the expert you claim to be, then you'll know that as soon as you prepare SS for welding and start welding - then it is no longer SS. And I certainly don't have to qualify my remarks to anyone who doesn't know that basic concept. I hope your QA dept has metallurgist in there somewhere - goes ask him.

I humbly bow to your ignorance Leo. But if you are truly the expert you claim to be, then you'll know that as soon as you prepare SS for welding and start welding - then it is no longer SS. And I certainly don't have to qualify my remarks to anyone who doesn't know that basic concept. I hope your QA dept has metallurgist in there somewhere - goes ask him.

So your saying that the finished jobs we've been sending out for the past 28 years are not stainless?

What has it changed into if not 316? We have a simple acid test kit at work that when you brush it onto 316 it turns purple. I'm back soon so I'll lay a weld down for you then destain it and brush some of the acid on the weld. If it turns doesn't turn purple then it's not 316 and you win. I know for sure that it will though and will not have changed to something else.

Well as it seems this post has turned from the original OP on a lawn aerator to a tutorial on welding and metallurgy it is probably useless to point out that "that new fangled WESTERN idea" will need 2x200Kg falang to penetrate the clay base under most Thai lawns.

Well as it seems this post has turned from the original OP on a lawn aerator to a tutorial on welding and metallurgy it is probably useless to point out that "that new fangled WESTERN idea" will need 2x200Kg falang to penetrate the clay base under most Thai lawns.[/quote

Your right oximoron, this is pointless and I'll apologise to the commander for being rude in my earlier posts. But id like to know why he thinks I'm lying about being a sheet metal worker? It's not much to brag about is it?

• 3 months later...

I really need one of these lawn aerators although it looks a lit small and would take a lot of time. I have a lot of grass and after the hot summer the ground is very hard. Where I live in the south I cannot find a garden fork so any suggestions where I can buy one of these lawn aerators or something similar. Hopefully I can order it online

Cheers

JAF

Archived