UK police: Schoolgirls who went to Syria are not terrorists

webfact

33 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Before this gets ridiculed it's worth noting that she is a former military intelligence officer:

Well she’s clearly not a lawyer.

If she, or indeed you, were a layer you’d understand the rights of a person holding British Citizenship ‘other than by decent’ are inalienable.

One cannot give those rights up and the Government cannot remove those rights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

On the one hand bleating about attacks on ‘British culture’ and ‘the British way of life’.

While now distributing a petition to remove one of the most fundamental rights held by all British citizens.

Be careful what you wish for, lest one day your rights to return are stripped from you.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Latest from UK is a statement from the Home Office that everything in their power will be done to PREVENT her return.

But, distasteful as it is, if she turns up at a British port of entry they have to let her in.

They’re just running their gob while banking on her never doing so.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If she, or indeed you, were a layer you’d understand the rights of a person holding British Citizenship ‘other than by decent’ are inalienable.

Not for the first time you have assumed your knowledge trumps mine. I am fully up-to-speed re UK's international obligation but didn't see fit to have to say so.

JRM referred to same on BBC Question Time last night as did Liza Nandy. His clip hasn't been uploaded but here's a quote from her:

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

On the one hand bleating about attacks on ‘British culture’ and ‘the British way of life’.

While now distributing a petition to remove one of the most fundamental rights held by all British citizens.

Be careful what you wish for, lest one day your rights to return are stripped from you.

You're at it again! The petition was topical and therefore worthy of posting & i did so without comment which is just as well because YOU have once again popped up to fill in the blanks! ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But, distasteful as it is, if she turns up at a British port of entry they have to let her in.

They’re just running their gob while banking on her never doing so.

Yes, and she will almost certainly be detained on arrival.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

You're at it again! The petition was topical and therefore worthy of posting to the board & i did so without comment which is just as well because YOU have once again popped up to fill in the blanks! ????

You posted a link but you didn’t comment.

I guess you’re hoping we non of us noticed your link was your comment.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Not for the first time you have assumed your knowledge trumps mine. I am fully up-to-speed re UK's international obligation but didn't see fit to have to say so.

JRM referred to same on BBC Question Time last night as did Liza Nandy. His clip hasn't been uploaded but here's a quote from her:

You are presumably fully up-to-speed with understanding this has absolutely nothing to do with ‘the UK’s international obligations’.

• Like 1

Why do we not have immigration checks on leaving? A child should not be able to travel alone without the usual paperwork as required by most airlines.

Her two previous children died from complications due to malnutrition

She should not be allowed to return. She can apply to stay in Syria or Iraq.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:
35 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Her farther was on the news saying the British government should this and that...

Maybe he should go and rescue her, he could go down to his local mosque to crowd fund (no better time than Friday prayers) and get a letter of safe passage from the Imam.

Is that the same father who took his daughter age 13 to an al-Muhajirun (now banned) jihadist march in London. There, he burned flags. When his daughter left for ISIS, he blamed everyone but himself.

Great post - I recall reading about the Dad. Fifteen year olds just don't go to Syria and join ISIS without some major support.

If the UK accepts her back, they are going to have to monitor her for the rest of her life. The people that helped her into the ISIS, could easily talk this sad case into something else; like a human IED, thats an Improvised explosive device

Edited by LomSak27

57 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Great post - I recall reading about the Dad. Fifteen year olds just don't go to Syria and join ISIS without some major support.

If the UK accepts her back, they are going to have to monitor her for the rest of her life. The people that helped her into the ISIS, could easily talk this sad case into something else; like a human IED, thats an Improvised explosive device

She has been their for 4 years so obviously well settled into their life style and happy as if she wasn't she would have tried to return home earlier, was listening to a guy on TV who said that now that they have lost, Isis are instructing their combatants to go back to the western world and cause chaos !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I can (sort of) understand 15/16 year olds (and even far older) being 'led down the path' as a result of the Iraq/Afghan wars - but to then express that she doesn't regret her actions, but now wants to come back to the UK????

The OP said something along the lines of 'they were high achievers at school'.

Clearly not at all intelligent if she thinks expressing no regret, and only wanting to go back to the UK as she is in a refugee camp - and is suddenly caring about her children.......

Don't forget she wasn't exactly in an environment where critical thinking was stimulated.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

She has been their for 4 years so obviously well settled into their life style and happy as if she wasn't she would have tried to return home earlier, was listening to a guy on TV who said that now that they have lost, Isis are instructing their combatants to go back to the western world and cause chaos !

It was virtually impossible for anyone to leave.