UK police: Schoolgirls who went to Syria are not terrorists

webfact

Just now, overherebc said:

Depending on what % of the population they make up.

When a small minority the conform to western norms because they have no collective voice. Once they reach a certain point ( % ) they will revert under pressure to their old ways.

You have evidence of that?

Australia has between 5 - 6% of the population that is muslim.

0. 00001 are on a watchlist as being Islamist. The majority are trying to get ahead.

But the odd idiot brings out the rednecks who condemn a whole race or a whole religion.

Just as Hitler did. Surely as a successful western democracy, we need not pour hatred out

to a very small population that is not Islamist. Just a minority religious group.

There are many more fundamental Christians that scare me as much as muslims.

• Like 2

You have evidence of that?
Australia has between 5 - 6% of the population that is muslim.
0. 00001 are on a watchlist as being Islamist. The majority are trying to get ahead.
But the odd idiot brings out the rednecks who condemn a whole race or a whole religion.
Just as Hitler did. Surely as a successful western democracy, we need not pour hatred out
to a very small population that is not Islamist. Just a minority religious group.
 There are many more fundamental Christians that scare me as much as muslims.
All i can say is that my old home town in the UK had a small Muslim community 40 years ago when we went to live there they dressed like us ,there was a Christian and a Jewish meeting hall where they were,the shops sold pork and spirits,over the years more and more came ,they took over both the Christian and the Jewish halls, then the Mosque was built,now it looks like another country ,the women are covered up ,there is a boys and seperate girls school ,no shop in their areas would dare sell alchohol,advertizing is censored ,they have become a seperate race ,they do not mix and you would not go there at night.even in the day you would stick out like a sore thumb,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Thing is I left uk in 1968 the first time and since then I've never been back for more than 3 or 4 years at a time, but, in all that time away from uk I never joined any organisation that was anti-uk or wanted to overthrow the uk system or change any of it's laws. I could go back tomorrow, next week or next year without a problem and nothing will ever change that.

On one hand your arguing that everyone has a right to return and then your arguing that things could change and people like me wouldn't allowed back.

Should I start to worry they will change things and overnight decide they are going to refuse to re-new my passport, oh hold on, I can slap them on the ear with a copy of the Magna Carta and demand a new passport!!!!

Magna Carta, forced upon a king to curb his powers and basically disregarded by both sides, then repealed by a pope, then instigated again by another king who re-worded it

to suit his purposes and on it went.

Do stop all your 'careful what you wish for stuff' it doesn't and wont fly in anyone elses head, only yours.

I’m not sure what your autobiography has to do with the freedoms of British citizens to come and go without let or hinderence, but it seemsyou’ve had an interesting life.

19 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

All i can say is that my old home town in the UK had a small Muslim community 40 years ago when we went to live there they dressed like us ,there was a Christian and a Jewish meeting hall where they were,the shops sold pork and spirits,over the years more and more came ,they took over both the Christian and the Jewish halls, then the Mosque was built,now it looks like another country ,the women are covered up ,there is a boys and seperate girls school ,no shop in their areas would dare sell alchohol,advertizing is censored ,they have become a seperate race ,they do not mix and you would not go there at night.even in the day you would stick out like a sore thumb,

Or so you tell us.

Oh and my home town had two boys only schools and two girls only schools, I don’t recall this was anything to do with any religion.

Update:

Shamima Begum: IS teen's return to UK 'could be prevented'

A British woman who fled to Syria as a schoolgirl to join the Islamic State group could be prevented from returning to the UK, the home secretary has said.

"My message is clear," Sajid Javid told the Times: "If you have supported terrorist organisations abroad I will not hesitate to prevent your return."

He added that if Shamima Begum, 19, did come home she could be prosecuted.

Read more here:  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47248555

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Update:

A British woman who fled to Syria as a schoolgirl to join the Islamic State group could be prevented from returning to the UK, the home secretary has said.

"My message is clear," Sajid Javid told the Times: "If you have supported terrorist organisations abroad I will not hesitate to prevent your return."

Like Begum, Javid is also subject to the law.

34 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Update:

34 minutes ago, metisdead said:

I believe the key phrase in the link is this:

However Lord Carlile, a former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, said Ms Begum would have to be accepted back into the UK if she had not become a national of any other country.

Under international law, it is not possible to render a person stateless.

I am sure that the UK can do a great deal to impede her return, such as putting her on a no-fly list, but if she can get to a port of entry, refusing her entry is going to be problematic.  

• Thanks 1

I bet Erdogan will be very happy to bring her to Turkey. He is really determined to Islamise Turkey as much as possible.

And, with that horrible 'refugee/migrant deal' (horrible for us secularist Turks anyway) between Turkey and the EU, I dread to guess how many thousands of jihadis (and jihadi sympathisers) have ended up in Turkey and will possibly live the rest of their lives there. Not just due to that deal of course; it is not hard to guess that many jihadis escaping from Syria have ended up in Turkey too.  Until very recently (and maybe still now), Erdogan turned a blind eye to the flow of jihadis in and out of Turkey. A very dangerous man that the West sadly still continues to make various military and business deals with. Sad !

Edited by JemJem
  • Like 2

I may be wrong but I seem to remember that when Cameron was PM, he made a few UK isis scum stateless..including a female from my home city..Glasgow.

I believe the key phrase in the link is this:

However Lord Carlile, a former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, said Ms Begum would have to be accepted back into the UK if she had not become a national of any other country.
Under international law, it is not possible to render a person stateless.

I am sure that the UK can do a great deal to impede her return, such as putting her on a no-fly list, but if she can get to a port of entry, refusing her entry is going to be problematic.  

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, malagateddy said:

I may be wrong but I seem to remember that when Cameron was PM, he made a few UK isis scum stateless..including a female from my home city..Glasgow.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am really not wanting to get into the discussion.   You could be right, but I will leave it up to others to determine the intricacies of the legalities of not allowing her back.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

So, name the town or is this just another copy and past from the UKIP comic?