Australian expat stabs to death Phuket nightclub worker

webfact

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work Mark. One less thug working above the law.

At what cost to him and his family ? Whatever happens in the criminal court he will be financially ruined as he will have to pay the blood money to the deceased family in civil court.
Better than having the living shits kicks out of you or possible death.

Won't cost that much for a thug death. Stein payed less than 2 million. A million for a thug should suffice.

The realities of life, Hanging around bars, nightclubs etc, should be getting old for those over 50. Why on earth would anyone at that age

be hanging around low life, trash life styles. What is their to gain, night after night sitting in the same stool, listening to the same old jokes, same old

bar flies hustling drinks, loud music, yelling, shouting, and the parade of despicable acts as adults? What kind of life style do you call this? A Party Goer,

A bar stool Jock? A happy go lucky guy? ......someone just on Vacation?..........Or some old person who lost themselves in an atmosphere of resentment

to society, and decency? What happened to the nice little bar around the corner you stop in and order a beer and talk about the weather or the latest on the new.

Nowadays, its motcho men poking remarks to each other seeing who's the biggest blot in the bar. I just don't get it! Most decent men stay away from such establishments. They come here looking for some fun, some aquatints with the girls. then leave and go home. Yet little do they realize their actions in a bar drunk will determine their fate when sober. Having a concealed weapon in a bar is plainly against the law, and no excuse. He was watching a fight that broke out in the bar. He wanted to take a video of it with his Cellular phone or camera. One of the bar workers told him not to photograph it. he didn't listen.

The young man pushed the camera out of the way. The Australian man got belligerent and pull out his knife......the rest is history which he will be shrugging in

his mind for quiet some time. And all for what?........He came to Thailand to have a good time.........one Thai dead, and one in jail for a long time..........some fun!

The situation and the kind of Thai people you are talking about simply do not exist in this scenario. You sound like a nice man reacting to a situation that is far beyond your comprehension. I am sure that Billy Graham would feel the same way, but everyone is not like you and likes to go out and meet friends for a nice cool drink. Additionally, there are a lot of wordings in your post that do not make sense. There was no camera, and a lot of your interpretations of things sounds like they are coming from a pulpit.

It is becoming clearer that the Thai had the knife. That makes sense as no one jumped in and helped him because they figured it was "under control", Thai style (i.e. Thai thug with knife against seemingly old man with telephone). I had wondered why the Thais did not jump him all at once, and this explains one of the last details of what I do suspect. They did not jump him all at once because the foreigner did not have the knife and they held back to watch the show instead of trying to stop their idiot co-worker from killing an innocent man. It all happened so quickly and was over so fast. I am only still wondering why they did not jump him afterwards... or, what kept the jackals from wading in. Maybe the pros had showed u0p by that time.

If you read the update in post 102 and follow the link you see how over the top you are.

I feel a bit vindicated as all my prior posts are proving more accurate than I thought, with the exception that the man was walking past and not in the disco. This truly does incriminate that dead thug and the establishment, its owners, the night manager and the employees. Off premises is nothing more than an assault and/or a robbery if one is touching and grabbing. If it can be followed up and proven that the knife is indeed the thug's, then this will vindicate the foreigner without any further BS.

If the knife is the foreigners, then he had a right to use it when he was attacked and sustained injuries by the dead thug, which required medical attention at the hospital; injuries he sustained before any knife was produced.

Either way, this did not happen on premises, and rather instead in a public place. I suspect that the police will be reluctant to let this fish get away, but the more the evidence comes out, the less likely they will be to pursue it, and maybe mitigate it down to involuntary manslaughter or even self-defense against an assault and robbery with intent to harm or kill.

That is simply my view/guess, etc. but these news reporters really screw things up when they keep coming out with an update and changing what they implied before. I wish the foreigner all the best and a full recovery, as well as his friend with him that night, who was himself assaulted by the same kind of thugs.

No, sustaining injuries does not give the right to use s knife.

I guess it depends on what kind of animal is attacking you... but you go ahead and stand there using your Marquess of Queensberry rules, and then eventually lie there and let the animal/s kill you or maim you for life. You are describing people with a code of honor. I am describing animals pure and simple that do not back down and repeatedly hit, kick, stab, punch, spit, scratch, etc. The animal attacking the foreigner had many many opportunities before walking over to the foreigner and going through the many many steps leading up to having that blade sink into his belly.

You are trying to make sense of the rules, and I am telling you that there are no rules when fending off an animal that is slowly beating you to unconsciousness or worse... permanent injury or death.

And do consider, no one is asking why it was one on one. I have never ever heard of one Thai taking on one foreigner in a public scene where there are many other scumbag-type Thais standing around. I can only conclude that they held back because the weapon was not in the hands of the foreigner and in the hands of the Thai.

I am emphatically certain that had the foreigner produces the weapon, and the Thai then died, that the foreigner would have been dead within a minute.

I suspect the Thais standing around were in shock that one of their armed comrades fell on his own knife (speculation) and was lying there gasping for breathe. Also note that once the Thai was down, the foreigner did not select the choice to begin kicking the downed Thai about the head and face, as I suspect any of those other thugs, or the deceased thug would have more than likely done to the dying foreigner, were it so. As the foreigner was located a 100 meters or so down the street by the police, I suspect that he was allowed this benefit from the Thais, who were in shock and hence unable to think about sordid deeds upon the foreigner.

Again, I have never seen or heard of only one Thai attacking a foreigner and getting the worse of it without a lot of other Thais jumping in and evening the odds, so to speak. They will, however, withhold from wading in if they think their comrade clearly has the upper hand (in their little minds). Example: Thai man beating the shit out of his Thai GF in front of 50 other Thai men... sitting or standing there like ghouls ans watching the entertainment. I have witnessed that more than 20 or so times since I have lived here.

I think the thug had the weapon, so no one else felt compelled to jump in and enjoy the blood-lust first-hand. The entertainment and anticipation of seeing a foreigner cut to pieces was probably good enough.

Another thing we do not know is if any of those head wounds on the foreigner are from a blade edge or handle or not. Funny how those reporters and the police seem to overlook all the details when a foreigner is involved, and invariably ALWAYS keep any statement from the foreigner from ever reaching our eyes and ears.

So there you go. My view again.

The realities of life, Hanging around bars, nightclubs etc, should be getting old for those over 50. Why on earth would anyone at that age

be hanging around low life, trash life styles. What is their to gain, night after night sitting in the same stool, listening to the same old jokes, same old

bar flies hustling drinks, loud music, yelling, shouting, and the parade of despicable acts as adults? What kind of life style do you call this? A Party Goer,

A bar stool Jock? A happy go lucky guy? ......someone just on Vacation?..........Or some old person who lost themselves in an atmosphere of resentment

to society, and decency? What happened to the nice little bar around the corner you stop in and order a beer and talk about the weather or the latest on the new.

Nowadays, its motcho men poking remarks to each other seeing who's the biggest blot in the bar. I just don't get it! Most decent men stay away from such establishments. They come here looking for some fun, some aquatints with the girls. then leave and go home. Yet little do they realize their actions in a bar drunk will determine their fate when sober. Having a concealed weapon in a bar is plainly against the law, and no excuse. He was watching a fight that broke out in the bar. He wanted to take a video of it with his Cellular phone or camera. One of the bar workers told him not to photograph it. he didn't listen.

The young man pushed the camera out of the way. The Australian man got belligerent and pull out his knife......the rest is history which he will be shrugging in

his mind for quiet some time. And all for what?........He came to Thailand to have a good time.........one Thai dead, and one in jail for a long time..........some fun!

The situation and the kind of Thai people you are talking about simply do not exist in this scenario. You sound like a nice man reacting to a situation that is far beyond your comprehension. I am sure that Billy Graham would feel the same way, but everyone is not like you and likes to go out and meet friends for a nice cool drink. Additionally, there are a lot of wordings in your post that do not make sense. There was no camera, and a lot of your interpretations of things sounds like they are coming from a pulpit.

It is becoming clearer that the Thai had the knife. That makes sense as no one jumped in and helped him because they figured it was "under control", Thai style (i.e. Thai thug with knife against seemingly old man with telephone). I had wondered why the Thais did not jump him all at once, and this explains one of the last details of what I do suspect. They did not jump him all at once because the foreigner did not have the knife and they held back to watch the show instead of trying to stop their idiot co-worker from killing an innocent man. It all happened so quickly and was over so fast. I am only still wondering why they did not jump him afterwards... or, what kept the jackals from wading in. Maybe the pros had showed u0p by that time.

If you read the update in post 102 and follow the link you see how over the top you are.

I feel a bit vindicated as all my prior posts are proving more accurate than I thought, with the exception that the man was walking past and not in the disco. This truly does incriminate that dead thug and the establishment, its owners, the night manager and the employees. Off premises is nothing more than an assault and/or a robbery if one is touching and grabbing. If it can be followed up and proven that the knife is indeed the thug's, then this will vindicate the foreigner without any further BS.

If the knife is the foreigners, then he had a right to use it when he was attacked and sustained injuries by the dead thug, which required medical attention at the hospital; injuries he sustained before any knife was produced.

Either way, this did not happen on premises, and rather instead in a public place. I suspect that the police will be reluctant to let this fish get away, but the more the evidence comes out, the less likely they will be to pursue it, and maybe mitigate it down to involuntary manslaughter or even self-defense against an assault and robbery with intent to harm or kill.

That is simply my view/guess, etc. but these news reporters really screw things up when they keep coming out with an update and changing what they implied before. I wish the foreigner all the best and a full recovery, as well as his friend with him that night, who was himself assaulted by the same kind of thugs.

No, sustaining injuries does not give the right to use s knife.

I guess it depends on what kind of animal is attacking you... but you go ahead and stand there using your Marquess of Queensberry rules, and then eventually lie there and let the animal/s kill you or maim you for life. You are describing people with a code of honor. I am describing animals pure and simple that do not back down and repeatedly hit, kick, stab, punch, spit, scratch, etc. The animal attacking the foreigner had many many opportunities before walking over to the foreigner and going through the many many steps leading up to having that blade sink into his belly.

You are trying to make sense of the rules, and I am telling you that there are no rules when fending off an animal that is slowly beating you to unconsciousness or worse... permanent injury or death.

And do consider, no one is asking why it was one on one. I have never ever heard of one Thai taking on one foreigner in a public scene where there are many other scumbag-type Thais standing around. I can only conclude that they held back because the weapon was not in the hands of the foreigner and in the hands of the Thai.

I am emphatically certain that had the foreigner produces the weapon, and the Thai then died, that the foreigner would have been dead within a minute.

I suspect the Thais standing around were in shock that one of their armed comrades fell on his own knife (speculation) and was lying there gasping for breathe. Also note that once the Thai was down, the foreigner did not select the choice to begin kicking the downed Thai about the head and face, as I suspect any of those other thugs, or the deceased thug would have more than likely done to the dying foreigner, were it so. As the foreigner was located a 100 meters or so down the street by the police, I suspect that he was allowed this benefit from the Thais, who were in shock and hence unable to think about sordid deeds upon the foreigner.

Again, I have never seen or heard of only one Thai attacking a foreigner and getting the worse of it without a lot of other Thais jumping in and evening the odds, so to speak. They will, however, withhold from wading in if they think their comrade clearly has the upper hand (in their little minds). Example: Thai man beating the shit out of his Thai GF in front of 50 other Thai men... sitting or standing there like ghouls ans watching the entertainment. I have witnessed that more than 20 or so times since I have lived here.

I think the thug had the weapon, so no one else felt compelled to jump in and enjoy the blood-lust first-hand. The entertainment and anticipation of seeing a foreigner cut to pieces was probably good enough.

Another thing we do not know is if any of those head wounds on the foreigner are from a blade edge or handle or not. Funny how those reporters and the police seem to overlook all the details when a foreigner is involved, and invariably ALWAYS keep any statement from the foreigner from ever reaching our eyes and ears.

So there you go. My view again.

Unfortunately for Mark I fear there is a big difference between your view and his and our rights.

There you go the tale of two knifes

THANK YOU jocko, thats what i could not show...... Now do we see what prevails in LOS, Land of Scams, Land of Shenanigans ?

I am NOT Anti-Thai, or a Thai basher, quite the contrary, i love this Country, i am an expat with a vested interest in this beautiful country, with Business and a Thai family.

I am JUST fed up with such stupidity which is ruining this place.

Would you feel frustrated if this is your home and you see this happen daily?

Sorry for my rants Guys, but i/we have to put with the inept Government/junta and all the BS they make us suffer which HAS to be accepted, we cannot change that...

BUT, we can fight for a violent free society for our fellow expats and tourists from all around the world, trying to live and holiday here in this great Country, that ONLY want to have a trouble free holiday or life, is that too hard Thailand/

I cant change this pace, but i am passionate enough to give a shit and try and try to educate my family and staff to actually care about their fellow man... the irony is, Buddha doesnt teach how these Thais live, its a crock, that they spend so much money and time at the temple and are so hypocritical, because they dont live the live that they homage. You only have to research all the corrupt monks.... lol

Unfortunately for Mark I fear there is a big difference between your view and his and our rights.

Were we able to read or hear of Mark's official statement, and hear what he personally thinks about my view and yours, then yes... I would look forward to what he has to say to you and me face to face.

However... we do not have his statement or his personal views as to what he thinks about your views and mine. Same as the Two Myanmar men from Koh Tao. ALWAYS the same.

And finally, you have no rights here, stevenl. You may think differently, but I then presume you are being obtuse, ignorant, or both. If you aren't aware of that, just piss off a Thai, and you'll soon find out you have no rights, and the chances of getting out of it unscathed or poorer are nil.

Regards

Were we able to read or hear of Mark's official statement, and hear what he personally thinks about my view and yours, then yes... I would look forward to what he has to say to you and me face to face.

However... we do not have his statement or his personal views as to what he thinks about your views and mine. Same as the Two Myanmar men from Koh Tao. ALWAYS the same.

And finally, you have no rights here, stevenl. You may think differently, but I then presume you are being obtuse, ignorant, or both. If you aren't aware of that, just piss off a Thai, and you'll soon find out you have no rights, and the chances of getting out of it unscathed or poorer are nil.

Regards

Correct 100%!!!

Phuket and Pattaya: The rubbish bin of the half world.

Couldn't help yourself, could you ? I'm betting you haven't been anywhere near either in a very long time, if ever, but the TV news is all the motivation you need to chime in with something that has nothing specifically relevant to the topic.

Violence outside nightclubs is a reality all over the world - its not limited to two towns in Thailand. Whatever went down in this case, it seems senseless to me regardless of who instigated it. The Aussie has been living in Patong for 10 years and is married to a Thai - more than enough experience to know how quickly the bouncers can go ballistic, but I wasnt there and he was : whatever happened, a man is dead and another at the mercy of a dodgy 'justice' system. At least two families without a breadwinner and all you can do is roll out the same old shinola re Pattaya and Phuket. Priceless.

LOS = Land Of Socio-paths... (yes i know not the correct spelling)

We cannot blame the normal everyday Thai.

This Societies mentality is a direct result of the Thai Elite, that rule and control the poor Thais, with lack of education and corruption at the highest level to gain power and control over their masses. In a nutshell, brainwashing them and dumbing them down. This is why there is soooo much corruption in this place, these poor thais have to make a living and they are starved and inhibited from succeeding through the bureaucracy.

Many may not know this, but have a look and do some research yourselves, you will be surprised at the REAL truth behind the LOS ie Land Of Scams, Land Of Sin, whatever acronym you want to call it......

Off topic I know, but i protect the Thai man that died and also protect the man that was a victim to this society, its NOT right.

http://www.whoownstheworld.com/about-the-book/largest-landowner/

So tell me friends...... IF someone has such a wealth and influence and is SO REVERED by his Countrymen as the person, at No 3 of in the list attached which i would love to expand on... ( i dont dare mention, as TV has been warned previously and i respect that) , has such a profound influence on the society, why is it so behind compared to most rational thinking?

Guys, this is an educational experience, in why an inherit and potentially prosperous Country ends up like this!!

http://www.whoownstheworld.com/about-the-book/largest-landowner/

I could explain more, but it will be deleted like always.... have a look at thai society and why the state is why it is... All about the money and contraol, from the top to the bottom...

Its an eye opener and an insight to why getting back on topic, shit like this goes down.

peace out

Good work Mark. One less thug working above the law.

At what cost to him and his family ? Whatever happens in the criminal court he will be financially ruined as he will have to pay the blood money to the deceased family in civil court.
Better than having the living shits kicks out of you or possible death.

Won't cost that much for a thug death. Stein payed less than 2 million. A million for a thug should suffice.

I'm sure his family will be demanding more. He'll have to pay. At his age, I don't think he could do the time.

Regards

As I said: no right, where you said he had right to pull a knife. Which is it.

And unfortunately his views ate irrelevant, it is the courts' that count.

Regards

As I said: no right, where you said he had right to pull a knife. Which is it.

And unfortunately his views ate irrelevant, it is the courts' that count.

Again you post utter nonsense from your pulpit. Do you live here? It seems from your information that you do not. These rights and views and courts, which you so aspire to, simply do not exist in the noble frame in which you set them, and seem to worship at your alter of obtuseness, ignorance or both.

I'll answer your question in this manner... you explain to any man or woman out there who has been under such an attack why they did what they did, no matter the outcome, and I am willing to bet largely that they'll tell you unanimously that the last thing on their minds were "rights" and what the "courts" or people like you thought, or think of what they did during the altercation. With much respect... to Hell with your thinking. There is simply no time for your kind of thinking when you are in a life or death situation. Are you mad?

And finally, you say his views are irrelevant. Really? You are saying that what the guy was thinking as he is getting his head bashed in is irrelevant? You are describing the man being attacked by an animal, who, as yet unconfirmed, may very well be the one producing the knife, and not the victim?

I think that at that comment alone, and the many many inferences I get from that alone, ...well, I think that not much else needs to be said. I'll leave this to others to sort it out. Personally, I think you are either naive, or ignorant, or obtuse or a self-righteous coward, or any combination of the above.

I stress that I have no intention to offend you, with strict regards to the way you are expressing yourself towards normal human behavior in a highly volatile and potentially fatal situation, and moreover the fact that you say that the foreigner's views and actions are irrelevant to you, personally, as he is getting his head bashed in and time is running out fast.

Good day.

Final attempt: you said he had the right to use the knife, I said he did not.

The rest of your posts is just wallowing by somebody who likes to hear himself talk, no matter the content. I'm going to sleep, in Phuket, where ate you?

Apparently Mark has been granted bail.

Good. Easier to "mediate" your charges away, whilst out on bail. :)

Is it fact or fiction. I hope so.

If he reads this. This is what I would say to him.

Collect as much evidence as you can. Make copies of everything. Do not rely on police evidence as it is sometimes cut to fit their story. The bars near there will probably have footage, but they usually don't save it. It will delete after 2 weeks. Get names , emails and telephone numbers of anyone that was there. Make several copies of your own camera footage. If you have given it to police, go and make a copy immediately. Things disappear . Just because you got bail, does not mean you are home free. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. Even if you are not guilty. If the family wants to make a deal. Do it.

But most importantly.

Triple copy everything fast.

As mentioned cheap flights 15,000 BHT etc return enable the great unwashed a chance to wreak havoc.

Maybe not the case here since the Australian is married and living in Thailand.

Thais havea saying, Mah Moo, which translates to dog fight. When this is squealed its a direct invitation for a group of men to kick the shit out of someone. This frightening cultural trait of Thais is the reason why you should be able to defend yourself with by any means possible. Its never a one on one fight.

Yep, hope he gets everything he deserves. Might also shut up a few of the knuckle heads on TV who constantly crow about their "rights" to carry weapons in this country especially the multitude that are proud to tell everyone they carry knives on their person in their vehicles and wherever else for "protection". Weapon carried by cowards pure and simple.

I don't carry, however calling people cowards if they choose to do so is ridiculous except when they are the instigator or use it on unarmed people. Suppose one lives in or goes to an area where there may be a problem with armed thugs (Pattaya , Phuket, Patong) If confronted and attacked, what should they do. We hear all too often on TV that "Thais don't fight fair etc." so would it not be prudent to even the score?

A bit like "Dumb###K brought a knife to a gunfight" or as the usual cases here "Solo Farang brought knuckles to a knife / gun / club / brick / gang fight"

Regardless, RIP to the victim and condolences to his family. If the Aussie is guilty, give him the full force of the law.

Thais havea saying, Mah Moo, which translates to dog fight. When this is squealed its a direct invitation for a group of men to kick the shit out of someone. This frightening cultural trait of Thais is the reason why you should be able to defend yourself with by any means possible. Its never a one on one fight.

Yes, it's been reported a couple of tuk tuk drivers started kicking the white eyes.

In that circumstance I would have pulled a gun if I had one. The passerby claims his life was only saved by a couple of Indian tourists who extracted him, and got him a hundred metres down the road.

All those experts sitting in judgment from their basement in Bradbury should try to actually travel to SEA one day to see how different life can really be..

Anyone remember this incident when blockading taxi drivers took offence at an Australian who was picking up people from a hotel. Count how many of these cowards came in to give him a kicking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2W1xQNNgHKQ&noredirect=1

If he hadn't waved an empty gun at them (watch them scuttle) his life would have been in peril.

Guess who got in the shit?

Final attempt: you said he had the right to use the knife, I said he did not.

The rest of your posts is just wallowing by somebody who likes to hear himself talk, no matter the content. I'm going to sleep, in Phuket, where ate you?

He has a human right to save his own life,which ever way he saw fit.Consequences come later.

I remember another incident where 3 young Australian tourists (again!) got themselves in trouble with a group of Tuk tuk drivers. They were all beaten and stabbed, one nearly died on the night. Yes, they were probably drunken bogans who thought they could run amok like they would in Bali or Kelmscott, but didn't deserve to be stabbed..

They wanted to press charges for the stabbings, but another driver turned up at the police station claiming one of them kicked his vehicle causing some damage. The Police went with this charge and told the kids they would be held in a lockup until a court date. Maybe in a few weeks.

They were given a choice to stay and fight the charges or get on a plane. They went. The knife wielding tuk tuk drivers got away scott free.

You have to protect yourself here, mainly by avoiding trouble and remembering the police are in cahoots with the thugs and won't give you protection..

Pendelbury shouldn't have crossed the road to where the fracas was, but no doubt he had in mind the beating his disabled friend received on Beach Rd in broad daylight a few weeks before. He wanted the thugs to know they were being filmed.

Please help me understand who the gentleman is in the foreground.

He seems large, white and not Thai.

Are there Farang police here in Thailand??? and if so, do we grasp that this person is both judge and jury for the Thais, since language is a hurdle here, and the Thai would rely heavily on his interpretations and judgment. And please do not tell me that those Thai police speak English. Yes, to a small degree, but to truly understanding Australian English ??... no way. I am American and can not understand what folks from Oz are talking about half the time ! 555 !

In other words, who is this guy? Is he an official, or friend of the man charged?

The rest of us can't understand Americans.. But that is because they do not use the English language. They have managed to bastardise it into Amlish. And along the way changed nouns into verbs. Will you be Christmasing this year? Seriously. 55555

This story stinks from beginning to end, and my benefit of the doubt absolutely goes in favor of the man defending himself against permanent injury or worse.

As I have stated before, any time a foreigner is involved in an issue that gets a story, the foreigner's statement NEVER reaches our eyes or ears. It is either pure bad reporting with all the Thai details, or something as ludicrous as this piece of crap.

The ones bashing the man need to step back and take a breathe and realize that:

We are talking about Phuket: Death Island Number 2

A foreigner is accosted by a Thai worker without provocation: as stupid as a 7-11 attendant chasing down a robber and getting stabbed to death.

The foreigner is battered about the head by one and maybe more Thais. Head wounds bleed profusely, and even more so when alcohol thins the blood. This man was probably covered in blood and going into a state of panic/shock before he felt the overwhelming sense of self-preservation.

The Thai/Thais did not back off. They were probably like a pack of jackals attacking a wounded lion. They probably had THEIR blood lust up and were simply not going to let this man off easy with a warning, as attested by the multiple head wounds.

We don't know any facts beyond the photograph and the report that the Thai man who put those wounds there had to do so before he received the death wound in his stomach. Clearly, the Thai man did not stop until he received the wound.

And because why... because a foreigner was filming another fight that all the Thai workers were just standing around and watching and doing nothing... and had enough time to case the joint and watch out for what other people were doing instead.

One question is, would this Thai man, or those Thai men, have given any indication to the profusely bleeding and bruised foreigner that they were going to cease and desist. Between their calls to each other on which approach to get to the man and lay in another punch, and their profanity aimed at the foreigner, does anyone think that they spoke kindly to the man to hand over his phone and put his hands in the air (before the knife was produced)?

There are so many holes in this puzzle, yet I am absolutely certain of the despicable, animal behavior of the Thai men on these islands (Phuket and Koh Tao) as ALWAYS depicted in daily newspaper headlines, that the man was entirely fighting for what he emphatically believed was his life.

He was in a corner and surrounded. He lives there for 10 years. He knows all the stories. He knows what happens when these wolf packs attack a foreigner. He knows no one escapes without serious bodily injury. He knows that Thais can't stop head stomping and face kicking once they get rolling and the victim is unfortunate enough to go down beneath their unmerciful blows.

Before he was attacked, he was not doing anything that anyone else might do, and do so without any feelings of violating any rules, code, ethic, etc. The idiot that attacked him should have been doing his job and should have been breaking up the fight going on instead of worrying about a foreigner filming the fight. Who knows how many bar girls and other Thais were also filming the fight, which perhaps inspired the foreigner to join in? Possible? Absolutely.

The disgusting behavior of the Thai worker and his cohorts are what caused all of this. The death is a matter of self-defense. The deceased, in all likelihood was in a sober rage that far and beyond incriminates him compared to a drunk customer minding his own business and being forced (FORCED) to protect himself from what he knows, in all likelihood, was an out and out over the top beating.

Stab wounds come from being in close quarters, and I doubt the foreigner was the one chasing the Thai around the premises and carrying the fight to the Thai.

Self-defense; in that he did nothing wrong before being singled out and compelled to fight for his life, or be permanently injured or worse were he to take what they were dealing out to him.

Just my take, and I wonder how many Aussie bashers have ever had their heads caved in and, still being capable, did nothing. Clearly his counter punches were not effective enough to make these animals stop. Clearly, when in shock, if plan A does not work, regardless of the consequences, one goes to plan B. Not doing anything results in ones permanent injury or epitaph. I think the Aussies sensed that in a fleeting moment even though he was drunk. The disgusting thing is that a grown adult sober man did not have the sense enough to stop trying to injure or kill a drunk, elderly man for using his telephone to film a stupid fight that the grown adult sober man ignored.

Apologies if I insulted anyone, but at least I did not leave any profusely bleeding head wounds.

I sincerely hope you never ever ever become a police officer. There are these little things called facts, writing down what YOU THINK happened is not factual.

You say those bashing the man need to step back before YOU then going on to write a version of events that almost defines SPECULATION. I remember a similar story a few years ago involving a group of 3 English thugs who got involved in a fight with some Thai bouncers ,ended up jumping into the sea and one drowned. Everyone then raved and ranted about how the bouncer thugs should serve life and that they're animals only to conveniently disappear when the truth came out about how the three Brits were violent thugs who had just recently been released from prison for a string of violent acts in the UK.

You seem like another apologist, in fact maybe you should defend the Aussie, you have your closing statement already prepared it seems.

The facts are becoming more clear. Care to remit your statement?

Not until ALL the facts come out. I used to be REAL POLICE, you're an ARMCHAIR detective. And as I said before IF that knife belongs to the Australian and it's deemed illegal in Thailand then he had no legal right to carry it. You cannot pick and choose which laws you wish to abide by.

Aussie looks likes a big guy and by the looks of all blood he must of been getting a WHOOP'N so trying to even it out, Out came the blade..

Or....Or.....he got into an altercation with the bouncer, he stabbed him and the rest of the bouncers gave him a kicking afterwards. Most humans IF under attack from several people at once take the foetal position and don't have time to take a knife out of their pocket, unlock it and be able to attack the initial attacker.

All speculation until the real facts are reported.

Aussie looks likes a big guy and by the looks of all blood he must of been getting a WHOOP'N so trying to even it out, Out came the blade..

Or....Or.....he got into an altercation with the bouncer, he stabbed him and the rest of the bouncers gave him a kicking afterwards. Most humans IF under attack from several people at once take the foetal position and don't have time to take a knife out of their pocket, unlock it and be able to attack the initial attacker.

All speculation until the real facts are reported.

The facts are there for you to see if you'd bother to watch the video. It shows Mark leaving the scene with a pack of thugs chasing him before the beating, which brought on the stabbing.

Yep, hope he gets everything he deserves. Might also shut up a few of the knuckle heads on TV who constantly crow about their "rights" to carry weapons in this country especially the multitude that are proud to tell everyone they carry knives on their person in their vehicles and wherever else for "protection". Weapon carried by cowards pure and simple.

I don't carry, however calling people cowards if they choose to do so is ridiculous except when they are the instigator or use it on unarmed people. Suppose one lives in or goes to an area where there may be a problem with armed thugs (Pattaya , Phuket, Patong) If confronted and attacked, what should they do. We hear all too often on TV that "Thais don't fight fair etc." so would it not be prudent to even the score?

A bit like "Dumb###K brought a knife to a gunfight" or as the usual cases here "Solo Farang brought knuckles to a knife / gun / club / brick / gang fight"

Regardless, RIP to the victim and condolences to his family. If the Aussie is guilty, give him the full force of the law.

If a place is so violent and dangerous that you need to carry a weapon in fear of your life then why choose to live there??? I wouldn't live in Pattaya for all the tea in China because from what I read and what friends who live in Laem Chabang tell me is that the place is full of violent and cheating scum both domestic and foreign ( not everyone who lives there is I may add).

I have to go now, booking my annual vacation....think I'm going to choose Syria or Iraq this year.

Archived