Woman leads gang to attack monk

Thaivisa News

Nakhon Si Thammarat: – A woman allegedly led a gang of ruffians to beat and knock out a Buddhist monk at Wat Wang Tawantok, Mueang Nakhon Si Thammarat district.

Phra Pipat, 40, who was beaten unconscious, is now staying at an undisclosed temple for safety reason.

The clip of the incident has gone viral in the social media, causing an outcry from the temple’s followers.

A number of followers who witnessed the incident have filed a police complaint, demanding the woman and ruffians be brought to justice.

Mueang police superintendent Colonel Adisak Thepwan submitted a report via video conference to the national police chief outlying pertinent facts related to the disputed parties on the case.

Adisak also instructed investigators to speedily collect evidence deemed necessary to prosecute the suspects.

In a related development, a group of 50 followers and vendors of amulets rallied at the temple’s abbot abode demanding explanation of the incident.

Abbot PhraThepSiriSophon, also provincial chief monk of Nakhon Si Thammarat, refused to come out of his abode. Police were deployed to keep peace and ensure the safety of the abbot.

Among the demands of the temple’s followers are

Whether the abbot was protecting the woman suspect,

Whether he was behind the woman, seen as close to him, in attacking PhraPipat, and

Whether he ordered the burning of robes and personal belongings and the eviction of the victim’s abode.

According to statements given to police, the temple’s followers said the woman was the abbot’s aide responsible for bullying subordinate monks.

Many monks fled the temple in recent months for fear of their safety.

Police said their decision on the case would be based on evidence.

• Like 1

There's a movie in this: "When Monks Go Bad".

The sequel: "Monks On A Plane".

Or a television series: "The Monks", starring Phra Davy Jones. Hey, hey!

Or this season's new release: 12 Years a Monk
  • Like 1

I've heard the soundtrack for the first movie will be ... 'Smack my monk up' (They wanted 'Spank the Bishop' but this was deemed highly inappropriate)

You're thinking of "spank the monkey". From the movie "Monk on the River Kwai". Or was it "Gone with the Monk"? "12 Angry Monks"? Ahhh, now I remember: "Monk Without A Cause".

• Like 1

'' Religion must make happy '' Jacob Boßhart (Swiss Catholic)

It sure brings a lot of happiness to believers in LOS. And here are the lucky lottery numbers provided by this story:

Phra Pipat, 40 / 50 followers / 1 Cop / 1 Abbot (donation free!)

Somewhere in this story, I'm missing it, what is going on here? A Woman has a bunch of thugs beat a Monk senseless for what?

The story fails to give a reason. Is she just a bully picking on a Monk? Other Monks left in fear of their own safety? From Her?...Is this a continue

followup of a story posted, before I joined this Forum?

• Like 1

Somewhere in this story, I'm missing it, what is going on here? A Woman has a bunch of thugs beat a Monk senseless for what?

The story fails to give a reason. Is she just a bully picking on a Monk? Other Monks left in fear of their own safety? From Her?...Is this a continue

followup of a story posted, before I joined this Forum?

Yeah, I had to read it a couple of times to get it. Seems like the Abbot of the temple is pushing around the lower ranks, this woman being his heavy. Maybe the Abbot is driving out Monks who are questioning his practices (whatever they may be, but given what we hear in the news recently it could be most anything nefarious).

EDIT: It's a terrible piece of writing which made it hard to understand.

Edited by Rykbanlor

Or, "Monks Fiddling with Parent's Children", and I don't mean violin lessons.

Should that be "monks on the fiddle"

• Like 1

According to statements given to police, the temple’s followers said the woman was the abbot’s aide responsible for bullying subordinate monks.

Many monks fled the temple in recent months for fear of their safety.

Dang...activity at the temples is more exciting than a Thai soap featuring gun and knife violence...rape...mental and physical abuse and incest...

Sounds like a great place for a "reality" show..."The Real Story of a Thai Monk's fight for Survival"...

When this women sees red shirts get away with gang beating a monk with impunity then this is the cancerous message that society adopts.

Strong deterrents need to be implemented for such actions to ensure it sends a message to others that they will be held accountable for their actions.

Edited by djjamie

Or this season's new release: 12 Years a Monk
You forgot "The Billionaire Monk with a temple that looks like a flying saucer".

Oh and there is "The monk who likes designer label brands and private jets".

I almost forgot about "The monk with a classic car collection". This was in the news about 10 years ago.

Here is one to come "Thai monks loose all credibility".

Edited by MaiChai
  • Like 1