DNA Test, Pattaya

jamie2009

If this is for determining if you are the father you want to go for the much cheaper and faster blood type test.

Do a search for possible and impossible parents/child blood typing. You can be excluded in some child/mother blood types. Only if you get "possible" match would you go for the DNA test.

I would guess any of the major hospitals can do it.

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

I would have thought this would be a thriving business in Pattaya with clinics on every corner, like the VD clinics used to be.

to have any legal value the whole process must be a closed and controlled chain to avoid that you don't deliver DNA from a friend to avoid being confirmed as father. In a clinic-on-every-corner it would cost only a few baht under the table to get the samples for any required result.

So they probably can do it, it just collecting a few cells and send those off to a lab that has the equipment to read DNA, same as you can order the equipment for such tests online but the value the results will be less than the paper it's printed on.

If this is for determining if you are the father you want to go for the much cheaper and faster blood type test.

Do a search for possible and impossible parents/child blood typing. You can be excluded in some child/mother blood types. Only if you get "possible" match would you go for the DNA test.

I would guess any of the major hospitals can do it.

Been round a couple already in Pattaya, they don't do it.

I would have thought this would be a thriving business in Pattaya with clinics on every corner, like the VD clinics used to be.

to have any legal value the whole process must be a closed and controlled chain to avoid that you don't deliver DNA from a friend to avoid being confirmed as father. In a clinic-on-every-corner it would cost only a few baht under the table to get the samples for any required result.

So they probably can do it, it just collecting a few cells and send those off to a lab that has the equipment to read DNA, same as you can order the equipment for such tests online but the value the results will be less than the paper it's printed on.

I am looking at a test, the sample is taken by a doctor in Pattaya and then sent to a lab in Bangkok. The test is not for legal purposes, it's for my piece of mind.

I have a friend in Pattaya who had a baby with a Brit guy. The guy wanted a DNA test to make 'sure'. They couldn't find a hospital that did DNA. They ended up at BKK Hospital which withdrew the sample blood. They mailed the sample to US (I don't know where.) It took 2 months to receive results.

• 4 years later...